Tooooo many!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tydt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After looking at the list here: http://www.uspharmd.com/school/ I feel like I must warn to all pre-pharm student who aren't aware yet, if you still want to be a pharmacist, then you better step up your game! Too many pharmacy school out there now, just look at California or Penn state :eek: The supply and demand is not going towards our favor right and I wish that the rise of new school stops for our sake.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How else will we meet the demands when all the baby boomers reach retirement age by 2030? There will be a HUGE demand for health professionals, not just pharmacists.

After looking at the list here: http://www.uspharmd.com/school/ I feel like I must warn to all pre-pharm student who aren't aware yet, if you still want to be a pharmacist, then you better step up your game! Too many pharmacy school out there now, just look at California or Penn state :eek: The supply and demand is not going towards our favor right and I wish that the rise of new school stops for our sake.

OP, really? You've been here this long and just now realized this new discovery?
F***, not this s*** again. Must we go over this again?
Yes, schools are opening up and the demand for pharmacy schools are not stopping.
Possible solution? Develop pharmacy school tiers or have ACPE, AACP, whatever raise the standards/quality and see how many greedy schools drop like flies.

:spam:
:lock:
:bang::bang:
:diebanana:
:troll:

Shut up.

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

a bite late are we?

and what kind of bootleg site is this?

penn state doesn't have a school.

man you fail

That's it.. From now on, I am going to post random "your mom" jokes in all of these threads regarding the doom of the pharmacy profession. Unless I get mod action, I call open game on your mom jokes in these threads.

Here we go:

Your mom is so dumb, I told her Christmas was just around the corner and she went looking for it!

OP, really? You've been here this long and just now realized this new discovery?
F***, not this s*** again. Must we go over this again?
Yes, schools are opening up and the demand for pharmacy schools are not stopping.
Possible solution? Develop pharmacy school tiers or have ACPE, AACP, whatever raise the standards/quality and see how many greedy schools drop like flies.

:spam:
:bang::bang:
:diebanana:
:troll:

ACE rx, I have also been here long enough to know that people will get really pissed off whenever a thread like this starts. hahaha, those emote really made my day. :laugh:

no
:sleep::sleep::sleep:

a bite late are we?

and what kind of bootleg site is this?

penn state doesn't have a school.

man you fail

You need to do some research before you start talking, look up temple university and tell me what state it's in.

To all pre-pharm student:

This thread is meant to let you know that pharmacy is not a walk in the park like the past anymore where you don't just go to school, graduate and get a job immediately if that is what you have in mind. The fact cannot be denied that more schools are opening up, so you must work harder now by getting more involve and build connections by joining organizations during school and not just study alone like the old folks used to do.Those times are over, ofcourse not for pharmacy alone but competition is getting steeper for just about all fields. I guess that's how the world works, so don't feel bad. lol The good news is that pharmacy unemployment rate is still much lower than most career so your chances are still high, so don't lose hope and keep on pursuing your dreams if pharmacy is the career you're passionate about. :thumbup:

That's it.. From now on, I am going to post random "your mom" jokes in all of these threads regarding the doom of the pharmacy profession. Unless I get mod action, I call open game on your mom jokes in these threads.

Here we go:

Your mom is so dumb, I told her Christmas was just around the corner and she went looking for it!

definitely another troll post, what will the mods do with you? and i haven't heard anyone laughing yet.

As a current pharmacy student, this is getting old. Everyone who is on these forums know as well as I do how competitive it is out there now. Don't bring up things that has been said so many times already. That's why we have a "search" function in these forums.

Edit: We all know that there may not be as many jobs as there were back then, but considering this type of economy we are in...it's a given isn't it? Welcome to the real world, you actually have to network and find jobs! Nothing's going to come to you on a silver platter. We all know that. So enough with these threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
definitely another troll post, what will the mods do with you? and i haven't heard anyone laughing yet.

Yes - it was a troll post. And, I laughed bigtime at my own joke.

Anyone who thinks that the pharmacy profession is dead, or dying, is confused. Just take a look at this website http://www.rxcareercenter.com/ there are thousands of employers looking for pharmacists.

And... I don't know if anyone else has noticed this - but, the world is getting bigger (not the world itself of course, I mean the population of the world). Because the world is getting bigger, that means that there needs to be more pharmacy's to deal with the bigger population. Lets not forget from BIO I, the increase of population is exponential, at least until we reach the resource limit which in that case it would be logarithmic... There, I used a bunch of big words, and I posted a link. What more can you ask?

Last edited:
Yes - it was a troll post. And, I laughed bigtime at my own joke.

Anyone who thinks that the pharmacy profession is dead, or dying, is confused. Just take a look at this website http://www.rxcareercenter.com/ there are thousands of employers looking for pharmacists.

Laughing at your own jokes, just makes me want to laugh at you. :laugh: But i must agree with you about anyone who thinks pharmacy is dying is wrong though, since it's still much more alive than many profession out there. :)

I am just very bothered by posts that are alarmed by the increase in pharmacy students.

I have worked for a big-box retailer for 14 years. I worked 10 of those years in upper management. We can not seem to keep our pharmacies staffed no matter what we try. And it is not because we are not competitive in pay/benefits, it is because there simply is not enough applicants!! On top of this, the area is growing so fast, that we can not keep up with the demand!

So - I have been observing this supply/demand issue for a long time. This is primarily what got me interested in moving into pharmacy. There is a huge demand for Pharmacists, no matter what you hear.

For me - I can not wait until I graduate and start working full time in the pharmacy of the company I work for. I am very enthusiastic, and optimistic for my future. I am also very optimistic for the future of anyone here who has good sense, and a good work ethic that is graduating with a PharmD.

I am just very bothered by posts that are alarmed by the increase in pharmacy students.

I have worked for a big-box retailer for 14 years. I worked 10 of those years in upper management. We can not seem to keep our pharmacies staffed no matter what we try. And it is not because we are not competitive in pay/benefits, it is because there simply is not enough applicants!! On top of this, the area is growing so fast, that we can not keep up with the demand!

So - I have been observing this supply/demand issue for a long time. This is primarily what got me interested in moving into pharmacy. There is a huge demand for Pharmacists, no matter what you hear.

For me - I can not wait until I graduate and start working full time in the pharmacy of the company I work for. I am very enthusiastic, and optimistic for my future. I am also very optimistic for the future of anyone here who has good sense, and a good work ethic that is graduating with a PharmD.

good sense is what's lacking at the start of this thread. it worries me when a pre-pharmer posts an a) improper and b) out of date source discussing a topic that has c) been discussed to death on these forums and then is d) unable to properly discern a school from a state and e) argues about it.

it's as if a cow walked in to the room and starts clucking like a chicken and takes a fat **** in the process, and argues with you about it in the Queen's English.

check this site out and look at the address: http://www.temple.edu/pharmacy/programs/PharmD.html

Anyways, I'm confused why you laugh. I hope you're not going crazy. :scared:

Refer to comment d in my above comment. Stop posting about Temple when you were talking about Penn State.

tydt said:
Penn state
confettiflyer said:
Penn state doesn't have a pharmacy school
tydt said:
::some rambling about Temple University

*I* get what you mean, clearly you don't get what I mean...which is disturbing (what/where was your undergraduate training?)

Besides, pennsylvania is a commonwealth, not a state.

:corny:

God, I love picking on people dumber than the rest of the room.

ACE rx, I have also been here long enough to know that people will get really pissed off whenever a thread like this starts. hahaha, those emote really made my day. :laugh:

This right here meets the perfect definition of troll. :troll:

My professor was right regarding admissions into pharmacy school. I believe schools should now require a bachelor's degree before entering pharmacy school so they are more mature and ready to make the profession better.

Instead, you have people graduating at 24 and having no idea what the real world is like, how to network, etc. Not to say this would solve everything but it would definitely help filter out people just wanting to make 6 figures straight out of school with the least amount of time possible.

This right here meets the perfect definition of troll. :troll:

My professor was right regarding admissions into pharmacy school. I believe schools should now require a bachelor's degree before entering pharmacy school so they are more mature and ready to make the profession better.

Instead, you have people graduating at 24 and having no idea what the real world is like, how to network, etc. Not to say this would solve everything but it would definitely help filter out people just wanting to make 6 figures straight out of school with the least amount of time possible.

Two more years of undergraduate study is all it would take to do that? :confused:
26 yo is automatically better than 24? How many 24 yo graduates are there anyway? Very few, I bet.

Two more years of undergraduate study is all it would take to do that? :confused:
26 yo is automatically better than 24? How many 24 yo graduates are there anyway? Very few, I bet.

Not many and 26 yo is not automatically better than 24 yo at all. But having a bachelor's degree as a minimum requirement would weed out a lot of many get rich quick people and reduce the demand for more pharmacy schools. I mean, pharmacy schools not requiring PCAT. Really? Sure, the PCAT has problems but it is the only means we have at this point to standardize knowledge before pharmacy school and to account for grade inflation.

Not many and 26 yo is not automatically better than 24 yo at all. But having a bachelor's degree as a minimum requirement would weed out a lot of many get rich quick people and reduce the demand for more pharmacy schools. I mean, pharmacy schools not requiring PCAT. Really? Sure, the PCAT has problems but it is the only means we have at this point to standardize knowledge before pharmacy school and to account for grade inflation.

It would also root out many highly qualified "non-traditional" students that simply do not have time time/money to attend school all the way to a bachelors degree. As a hiring manager, I would take someone who has years of solid work history, and all of the pre-requisite courses completed over someone who has a bachelors degree. But, that's just me.

This is the reason why I like Mercer University, as they are probably the first school to take a new step of increasing their requirements to 90 credit hours.

It would also root out many highly qualified "non-traditional" students that simply do not have time time/money to attend school all the way to a bachelors degree. As a hiring manager, I would take someone who has years of solid work history, and all of the pre-requisite courses completed over someone who has a bachelors degree. But, that's just me.

While I understand what you saying, I will say that I will agree to disagree on this one.

If these "non-traditional" students want to attend pharmacy school, then they should try their best and get accepted just like anyone else. You don't see medical or dental schools being less strict on non-traditional students, do you? The reason these students get accepted is that they have a lot of life experiences that can give them an advantage when applying for medical and dental schools.

Why should pharmacy schools accept "non-traditional" students and be easier on them just because they are using that classification as a crutch? You have to sacrifice something in order to gain anything.

Pharmacy is a healthcare profession. When you graduate, your decisions could ultimately affect someone's life. Becoming a Doctor of Pharmacy is a huge privilege and should not be given out like hotcakes.

This is the reason why I like Mercer University, as they are probably the first school to take a new step of increasing their requirements to 90 credit hours.

That's definitely a good first step. In my state within the past 3-4 years, ADCOM's have been admitting more students with bachelor's degrees than those without. Of course, some lower-tier schools will never change but this definitely seems like a trend. Hopefully, it will be the norm.

This thread is becoming very entertaining as i intended in the first place. I'm talking to a some smart mouth who just don't know...again do your research please. I'll help you with some :)

http://www.mentalfloss.com/difference/state-vs-commonwealth/

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_'commonwealth'_and_a_'state'

it's like i ask for an answer but end up with unrelated links :confused:

you are dense, my friend...and hate to pull this card out, but your english is substandard (almost there though).

you are dense, my friend...and hate to pull this card out, but your english is substandard (almost there though).

Omg....I wonder if you just have a big ego or straight out stubborn. Excuse my language, but I hate to pull those cards out also. You said I put out unrelated links, but that doesn’t make them “unrelated topics!” Just makes me wonder who is actually the dense person here. You’re killing me. :bang:

Have you ever tried cottage cheese pancakes? No seriously... They are delicious.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,165,129188-248198,00.html

I've never tried this yet, but it sounds really good right now.

Seriously... Go out and buy some cottage cheese (not the pansy small curd kind.. get the large curd) and whip some of these up. They are amazing.

If I could swim in a pool of cottage cheese pancakes, I would...

Could not agree more.

this sounds yummy right now

Hotcakes sound good about now! :love:

Omg....I wonder if you just have a big ego or straight out stubborn.

I think it is actually you who is the dense one. You were asking for this and knew this was going to happen. Did you expect less/more? +pissed+

You're right ace rx on the part that I was expecting this to happen. But you are wrong and stubborn for siding with a person who can't prove me wrong. Expecting this to happen doesn't make me a person stubborn or has an ego. I don't care what you argue about, but when you do, at least have a good reason to back it up.

You're right ace rx on the part that I was expecting this to happen. But you are wrong and stubborn for siding with a person who can't prove me wrong. Expecting this to happen doesn't make me a person stubborn or has an ego. I don't care what you argue about, but when you do, at least have a good reason to back it up.

On the contrary, I have no idea what you and confettiflyer are arguing about and would rather not get into something asides from the main topic.

Yes, you are right. By itself, expecting something to happen does not make you stubborn or egotistic. However, by nature of your original post and what you had hoped to gain from this thread, makes you full of yourself at best. If you can prove me otherwise, I have no problems apologizing when I am wrong. :)

Your Mama's so stupid I asked her to buy me a pair of sneakers and she came back with 2 candy bars

Omg....I wonder if you just have a big ego or straight out stubborn. Excuse my language, but I hate to pull those cards out also. You said I put out unrelated links, but that doesn't make them "unrelated topics!" Just makes me wonder who is actually the dense person here. You're killing me. :bang:

Alright no more horsing around, your original answer should have been,

"you idiot confettiflyer, I was talking about the state/commonwealth of Pennsylvania, not Penn State University, which are two different entities to which my argument is specific to the former."

Instead you kept arguing that penn state is in fact a jurisdictional state and not a university.

Everyone else reading the thread picked up on the distinction, and I kept going hoping you'd eventually figure it out...but that didn't happen.

So that's that, now time to merge this bad boy with one of the sticky thread graveyards up top!

Alright no more horsing around, your original answer should have been,

"you idiot confettiflyer, I was talking about the state/commonwealth of Pennsylvania, not Penn State University, which are two different entities to which my argument is specific to the former."

Instead you kept arguing that penn state is in fact a jurisdictional state and not a university.

Everyone else reading the thread picked up on the distinction, and I kept going hoping you'd eventually figure it out...but that didn't happen.

So that's that, now time to merge this bad boy with one of the sticky thread graveyards up top!

confettiflyer...I totally understand what you said in your previous post about Penn state being a university instead of the actually state itself. However, when you went on to say this: "Besides, pennsylvania is a commonwealth, not a state." I had to let you know that there's no differences between the two. Now that is done, I say it's time to put these arguments aside and continue on with Pojman's your momma jokes.

Your momma is so dumb that when I asked her to send me a voice mail, she took an empty envelope and talks in it before putting it in the mailbox.

Your momma is so dumb that when I asked her to send me a voice mail, she took an empty envelope and talks in it before putting it in the mailbox.

:laugh:

yo momma sooo fat...when she jump in the air...she got stuck. ok thank you.

(ten points if you can tell me where *that* came from)