Top 10 US Colleges for a Major in Public Health (undergrad)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

werd814

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://college.usatoday.com/2015/04/24/best-colleges-for-a-major-in-public-health/

1. UC Berkeley (go bears!)
3. University of Southern California
3. Johns Hopkins
4. George Washington University
5. Brown University
6. Rutgers
7. University of Florida
8. UMass Amherst
9. University of Washington
10. George Mason University

"Careers in public health allow students to work closely with patients and other medical staff to help improve and maintain overall well-being. Students take classes in life sciences, public policy, social sciences and physiology to prepare them for careers in law, business, politics and medicine. Graduates with a public health degree become leaders who take steps towards managing global health risks.

These are a ranking of undergraduate degrees compiled by College Factual, although many of these schools offer Master’s programs as well. An undergraduate in public health is an excellent step toward graduate work, as well as preparing student to work in fields of social work and public policy.

College Factual’s ranking focuses on colleges that provide high outcomes for students. View the following list for a roundup of some of the best colleges in the U.S. to study math, and use the widget to narrow down your choices.

Salary data is provided from Payscale. You can read more about the methodology behind the ranking in this article."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't even know my undergrad program was ranked. Guess I can put a little feather in my cap.

I'm not sure how much I agree with this list. I would have to definitely add UNC-Chapel Hill (my alma mater), Georgetown University, and Tulane University.

The site you linked to at the top has a different ranking than what you posted here.

I'm not sure how much I agree with this list. I would have to definitely add UNC-Chapel Hill (my alma mater), Georgetown University, and Tulane University.
I'm also skeptical of a list which excludes UNC-Chapel Hill and Tulane. The fact that it lists UF before USF when the former doesn't even have an undergrad degree in public health (UF- BS Health Science w/ a Pre-Public Health Track vs USF- BS in Public Health) also raises some questions.