Top dental school choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones top choice is for dental school? Mine is probably Ohio State since it will be the cheapest since its in state.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine's Michigan for the same reason.

Ohio State for the same reason...and for the football.

Members don't see this ad :)
Minnesota for me, since it's my home state, and pretty sweet.

Buffalo for me, NYS resident.:thumbup:

UCSF!! because the weather is great and tuition is cheap!! (California resident)

I would say Howard because I did undergrad there and the Dental School is extremely good!!

BuckTeeth where do you go to undergrad?

UCSF (cali resident)

It will be interesting to see how this thread unfolds as people begin to interview.

we have a prospective omfs who hasnt even been accepted to d-school yet?

My top choices were 1-Columbia and 2&3 were Umich and UNC... I am an ohio resident, got into OSU but was not impressed by some stuff... I will be attending Columbia in the fall.. Have any questions pm me

To the Calis. Why not UCLA?
If you got both, which would you pick??????

Members don't see this ad :)
UOP- for all the right reasons!:banana:

stony brook for in-state tuition and nyc :)

Yeah... I remember when I thought I knew what dental school would be my top choice. My post interview school rankings were drastically different from my pre-interview rankings. My advice for everyone applying this year is to keep an open and objective mind at each school you go to. Good luck everyone.

anywhere that isn't ohio state...for football reasons

So who is your team? I'm confused. Your screen name suggests you're a bammer. You also have a pro-Tennessee comment in your signiture. Is your "Go Blue" reference for Michigan, or is it for Auburn as in, "WEGLE! WEGLE! War Damn Eagle! Kick 'em in the butt Big Blue!!!"? If your go blue reference is pro-AU, I'm thoroughly confused by your screen name. But if it's pro-Mich, I'm also confused since most fans of SEC teams hate the Big-10.

So who is your team? I'm confused. Your screen name suggests you're a bammer. You also have a pro-Tennessee comment in your signiture. Is your "Go Blue" reference for Michigan, or is it for Auburn as in, "WEGLE! WEGLE! War Damn Eagle! Keck 'em in the butt Big Blue!!!"? If your go blue reference is pro-AU, I'm thoroughly confused by your screen name. But if it's pro-Mich, I'm also confused since most fans of SEC teams hate the Big-10.

yeah i agree, this guy is confused! rollred, please clarify!

I assume you choking, I mean joking. Which SEC team will crush and embarrass yall in the NC game this season? Ohio State can win their crap conference every year, but they still can't beat half of the teams in the SEC to save their lives.

Ohio State for the same reason...and for the football.

VCU because they are the best! There are other dental schools aside from VCU? No kidding. I hadn't heard of them.

I assume you choking, I mean joking. Which SEC team will crush and embarrass yall in the NC game this season? Ohio State can win their crap conference every year, but they still can't beat half of the teams in the SEC to save their lives.

Third time's a charm.;) Last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for OSU. SEC is good no doubt, but they're not unbeatable.

And, I do know that OSU takes a back seat to no one when it comes to tailgating, my area of expertise.:D

So who is your team? I'm confused. Your screen name suggests you're a bammer. You also have a pro-Tennessee comment in your signiture. Is your "Go Blue" reference for Michigan, or is it for Auburn as in, "WEGLE! WEGLE! War Damn Eagle! Kick 'em in the butt Big Blue!!!"? If your go blue reference is pro-AU, I'm thoroughly confused by your screen name. But if it's pro-Mich, I'm also confused since most fans of SEC teams hate the Big-10.

agreed:confused:

VCU because they are the best! There are other dental schools aside from VCU? No kidding. I hadn't heard of them.

The quarter before I applied to dental school my mom told me about a school called University of the Pacific that had a 3 year dental program and I thought it was some sort of online scam or weird international school. :thumbup:

I would have to say the Medical College of Georgia, because of family and friends. I guess I should mention that there is a tremendous price difference in tuition there for me versus another school anywhere else. If not there, then my next choice would be VCU or Nova, only because I have heard only good things.

Actually I heard University of Phoenix is going to open up an online dental school...

I'm all over that.

rollredroll is a reference to my high school (montgomery bell academy big red)

go blue is for u of michigan aka where i've spent the past four years
go vols is because i hail from tennessee and the volunteers have been a part of the family for 60 years

so add it all up and i am a tennessee/michigan fan who doesn't really like the big ten (too slow, too conservative) and also can't wait for phil fulmer to be sent packing.

and

go vols is because i hail from tennessee and the volunteers have been a part of the family for 60 years

so add it all up and i am a tennessee/michigan fan who doesn't really like the big ten (too slow, too conservative) and also can't wait for phil fulmer to be sent packing.

and let's be honest...who would ever like ohio state??

and in response to the topic, i'd say my top choices are penn and tufts

and let's be honest...who would ever like ohio state??

and in response to the topic, i'd say my top choices are penn and tufts

haha, that's sweet...i actually am going to be a senior at umich...gotta love those football games!!!

Not choosing a school because of football might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But I do know plenty of people who chose not to apply to schools because of Rivalries and such. Ohio State and UofM were my top choices but chose OSU because I felt it was an all around better school. Not because they have gone to back to back national championship games or because they have owned UofM the past 6 years. I know several people in fact who due to their insecurities about specific schools were burned and sent to schools low on their list. Give every school an open minded chance.

Not choosing a school because of football might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But I do know plenty of people who chose not to apply to schools because of Rivalries and such. Ohio State and UofM were my top choices but chose OSU because I felt it was an all around better school. Not because they have gone to back to back national championship games or because they have owned UofM the past 6 years. I know several people in fact who due to their insecurities about specific schools were burned and sent to schools low on their list. Give every school an open minded chance.

I think it's understandable. If you hate a team, and you like hating that team, you probably don't want to go there. That said, it would still be better to go to that school than no school or a school that is twice the price. While a school's football team is definitely not one of the most important factors in choosing a school, it is still a factor to many.

The quarter before I applied to dental school my mom told me about a school called University of the Pacific that had a 3 year dental program and I thought it was some sort of online scam or weird international school. :thumbup:

HAHA! That is FUNNY! I wish I could get my DDS degree in 3 yrs. While I love VCU, I am DEFINITELY jealous of the whole axe a year off the process aspect of UOP... actually, the name is pretty catchy, too. Too bad California is so liberal :: ducks :: ;)

Western U. what???? someone's got to root for the underdog. ahahah.

we have a prospective omfs who hasnt even been accepted to d-school yet?

Yes I am a prospective OMFS who is currently applying for dental school just as you are Dr. Rex who has not yet graduated from dental school. What is your point?:rolleyes:

yeah, its called every pre-dent

Thanks alot, rkamsterdam, I do not understand why he would take time to point that out when the post was about what everyone's top dental school choice is.:idea:

I think it's understandable. If you hate a team, and you like hating that team, you probably don't want to go there. That said, it would still be better to go to that school than no school or a school that is twice the price. While a school's football team is definitely not one of the most important factors in choosing a school, it is still a factor to many.

My buddy is a HUGE Cal fan, his whole family went there and he did as well for undergrad; he wouldn't even apply to PAC-10 rivals UCLA or USC. He's going to UoP next year.