Top score VS DAT Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hasanein4u

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
for those who took or willing to take the DAT this summer
What do you recommend... Top score or DAT achiever and why?
I have heard that the achiever is way harder than the real test but it is really useful
and so much people recommend top score too

I know they are both good but my time is not enough to study Kaplan + DAT destroyer + top score + achiever so I have to sacrifice either the top score or the achiever

I need your advice

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have to pick one and are the average test taker, topscore is better. It is closer in difficulty (but still harder) and it won't crush your spirits. PAT on Topscore is a bit of a joke though since they copy/paste test to test so you only get 1 PAT test. Most people like topscore more than achiever, so this is the safer option.

If you are strong willed and can survive crushing of spirit, Achiever is much better especially since the PAT sections are not copy pasted from test to test. RC on Achiever is nightmare inducing so its definitely not the practice for this section. Achiever is also a little more expensive if I remember correctly (not much like $5-10 for the 3 test).

I personally used both and liked the 7 test Achiever more than most other prep materials, but I had plenty of time so not sure how useful 3 of Achiever's tests would be if time is limited.