Topscore OC/GC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dusk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I know these threads have been so prevalent. And annoying.

But I'm gonna be one of those people. I find myself freaking out over everything since the day is coming up.

Is topscore OC way easier than actual dat? How does it compare? I feel it's way too easy compared to achiever and destroyer. I'm doing really well on OC..

But GC on the other hand :bang:
The calculations kill my score. How does GC and OC compare? I would like input from recent test takers, but of course all opinions are valued!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I know these threads have been so prevalent. And annoying.

But I'm gonna be one of those people. I find myself freaking out over everything since the day is coming up.

Is topscore OC way easier than actual dat? How does it compare? I feel it's way too easy compared to achiever and destroyer. I'm doing really well on OC..

But GC on the other hand :bang:
The calculations kill my score. How does GC and OC compare? I would like input from recent test takers, but of course all opinions are valued!

okay OC and GC are way harder on topscore than on the actual DAT...took my DAT last month and got 21s on both OC and GC..so feel free to add 2 points to your topscore OC and GC scores because thats how they were for me :)

I got like 19-20s on GC and OC on all of top score. I didn't like their questions in general. Don't worry too much about the calculations. The actual DAT calculations are simpler than (at least on mine) the practice tests.

thanks for the input guys. I feel good about OC. But something about GC, and doing stupid mistakes on math doesn't help. Hope I get lucky on my dat:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's luck of the draw which version you will get but I believe Topscore has more calculations on GC than you'd like, also it does take some time to solve them. A lot of my calculation questions simple were set-ups (really didn't take long) and conceptual questions. If you feel that OC is very easy, that's great! you are in good shape. I thought Topscore was pretty good representative of the real exam - at least for GC and OC section. I scored 4-5 points higher on TS on the real thing than Topscore.

I hope I do get very lucky..
I got 23AA on all 3 topscore tests, around 19AA on achievers and 2007 I got 24AA.

I took 2009 ada today and only got 20AA, just shy of 21... I'm pretty bummed! I know it's pretty indicative of the real dat. One more week of studying and then it's D day....

I think I'm going to stay away from SDN until then (Unless I have a question on a problem lols). Too stressed. Peace y'allll. If you don't hear back from me, that means I jumped.. and I don't mean jump roping :barf:

I hope I do get very lucky..
I got 23AA on all 3 topscore tests, around 19AA on achievers and 2007 I got 24AA.

I took 2009 ada today and only got 20AA, just shy of 21... I'm pretty bummed! I know it's pretty indicative of the real dat. One more week of studying and then it's D day....

I think I'm going to stay away from SDN until then (Unless I have a question on a problem lols). Too stressed. Peace y'allll. If you don't hear back from me, that means I jumped.. and I don't mean jump roping :barf:

sick I will hear from you soon with 24AA good luck man

sick I will hear from you soon with 24AA good luck man
Thanks a lot for the encouraging words! seriously.
And I can only dream of your scores :thumbup:

With the test coming up and me freaking out, my mindset is I'll be totally happy with a 20AA... Heck a 19 will satisfy. Anything 20+ will just be a nice surprise. I look forward to writing my breakdown!