Touro (CA) Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when u call in you can pick any day (wednesday or thursday) throughout the cycle?

When I called in, they gave me a choice of a certain day, and if you're not available on that day, you could pick the next available interview date.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey woahah did you have to email mr. Villas to get early notification ?

Yep I did, and I just got the official acceptance letter in the mail today.

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone tell me how the interview at Touro was like? Did they ask typical questions or harder/more specific related questions? I'm getting a bit nervous for my interview so any help would be useful :)

For those of you who interviewed, did you stay at the Courtyard Marriott that they recommended?

does anyone know why touro is looking for a new dean for the college of pharmacy as of november 2013? dean katherine knapp has done quite a lot for the college (in terms of research regarding the state of, outcomes of and progression of pharmacy schools - & overall profession) since its charter class was admitted in 2005. i hope she is just retiring (and not leaving due to other scandalous sorts of reasons), but there has been no announcement or news of her resignation - only a job posting i stumbled upon while deciding between schools:

www.oujobs.org/jobs/show/id/31011

I have my interview next week...I am concerned on how I will do because I practiced with some of my friends, and some of my answers were a little all over the place and not direct. I am having trouble on improving....Would this be a deal breaker? Touro is my top choice. :/ And I only have one other interview scheduled. I really do not want to mess this up.

I have my interview next week...I am concerned on how I will do because I practiced with some of my friends, and some of my answers were a little all over the place and not direct. I am having trouble on improving....Would this be a deal breaker? Touro is my top choice. :/ And I only have one other interview scheduled. I really do not want to mess this up.
which date is your interview?

Hi guys,
do you know if the school is linked to the one in NY? I have an interview for NY but I'd prefer attending in CA. :( Also, if NY sent me an interview does that mean Touro CA won't? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
do you know if the school is linked to the one in NY? I have an interview for NY but I'd prefer attending in CA. :( Also, if NY sent me an interview does that mean Touro CA won't? Thanks in advance.

nope they're not linked..you can get interviews to both schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
To clear up some confusion, the two schools are linked similar to how the University of California schools are linked. Even though they are under one system (Touro colleges), you can still apply to multiple locations and interview at both.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Hello, I've my interview on 15 Jan 09:00 AM. Is there anyone interviewing on same date ? For those who are already got accepted or finished interview, can you guys share your experience ? How was writing portion ? Thanks,

Taken into consideration that it is a group interview, the best advice is to make yourself stand out from the 4 or 5 people in the room. You don't always have to be the first to answer all the time, but just don't be the last to answer because most likely your answers will be taken when it comes to your turn. I like to be the second or third to answer because it gives me time to think of unique answers that aren't used yet by others. Some of the questions asked were interesting and creative, so just have fun with it and be yourself :) Oh and make sure you keep eye contact with ALL the interviewer panelist, not just the one asking you the question..and also to pay attention to what others are saying too. Hope that helps :)

Taken into consideration that it is a group interview, the best advice is to make yourself stand out from the 4 or 5 people in the room. You don't always have to be the first to answer all the time, but just don't be the last to answer because most likely your answers will be taken when it comes to your turn. I like to be the second or third to answer because it gives me time to think of unique answers that aren't used yet by others. Some of the questions asked were interesting and creative, so just have fun with it and be yourself :) Oh and make sure you keep eye contact with ALL the interviewer panelist, not just the one asking you the question..and also to pay attention to what others are saying too. Hope that helps :)
Oh it's a group interview?! How many other students are you paired with?

since when does this school do group interviews?...did they start in january as they accepted people along the way?...

Touro has always done group interviews from what I've found. I'm currently a P1 at Touro so if you have any questions about the process, feel free to pm me.

Can anyone tell me from the past years how likely OR unlikely were people on the high alternative list became accepted into the incoming class??

Can anyone tell me from the past years how likely OR unlikely were people on the high alternative list became accepted into the incoming class??
Very likely (from past two years), ~8 gets in from High. GL

I got into Touro...kind of have some doubts about this but, I may go forward anyways.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, although have had an account for quite some time. I'm curious to see if anyone just recently submitted their supplemental app. I submitted mine on 1/28/14. I got their email telling me that my application is now complete on 1/30/14. Now I guess it's just a waiting game.

For those of you who already got interview invites, was your interview scheduled within the same week/month of getting your invite. I know that schools interview until April but want to know if those getting invites now in January are actually scheduling for Feb, or are are scheduling later in March-APril

Last edited:
it took a few weeks for them to get back to me. but i got in! yay.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, although have had an account for quite some time. I'm curious to see if anyone just recently submitted their supplemental app. I submitted mine on 1/28/14. I got their email telling me that my application is now complete on 1/30/14. Now I guess it's just a waiting game.

For those of you who already got interview invites, was your interview scheduled within the same week/month of getting your invite. I know that schools interview until April but want to know if those getting invites now in January are actually scheduling for Feb, or are are scheduling later in March-APril

First, you will receive a email like this if you get invited to their interview:

Thank you for your application to the Touro University California College of Pharmacy. The Admissions and Standards Committee recently reviewed your application material and, based on this review, would like to invite you to attend an interview.

Please read this entire message before calling.

You may schedule your interview on any available date during the cycle, but you must contact us within one week from the date of this letter to schedule that interview. Failure to do so will result in the postponement of your application. Please call Ms. Jacqueline Harte toll-free at (888) 880-7336 inside California or (888) 887-7336 outside of California to schedule your interview. Please note that we interview on Wednesdays and Thursdays only. Also understand that you may only reschedule your interview date in the event of an emergency. Please confirm your availability before you schedule your interview.

Then, you can pick a date you like for the interview. When you call them and tell them the date you picked, they will let you know if that date is available for you to pick. If not, you can pick another date.

Finally, the interview, good luck!;)

First, you will receive a email like this if you get invited to their interview:

Thank you for your application to the Touro University California College of Pharmacy. The Admissions and Standards Committee recently reviewed your application material and, based on this review, would like to invite you to attend an interview.

Please read this entire message before calling.

You may schedule your interview on any available date during the cycle, but you must contact us within one week from the date of this letter to schedule that interview. Failure to do so will result in the postponement of your application. Please call Ms. Jacqueline Harte toll-free at (888) 880-7336 inside California or (888) 887-7336 outside of California to schedule your interview. Please note that we interview on Wednesdays and Thursdays only. Also understand that you may only reschedule your interview date in the event of an emergency. Please confirm your availability before you schedule your interview.

Then, you can pick a date you like for the interview. When you call them and tell them the date you picked, they will let you know if that date is available for you to pick. If not, you can pick another date.

Finally, the interview, good luck!;)

Wow - thank you for your quick reply! It was very informative! Did you get invited for an interview shortly after submitting the sup?

Wow - thank you for your quick reply! It was very informative! Did you get invited for an interview shortly after submitting the sup?

You are welcome! Yes, I got an interview invite the same day I submitted my supplemental app. They replied back really quick and their interview session is very informative as well. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes on that day :)

Touro University CA, College of Pharmacy will be having its Open House on Friday, February 21st. Please RSVP at: http://admissions.tu.edu/cop/COPopenhs.html
28wntc4.jpg

Last edited:
You are welcome! Yes, I got an interview invite the same day I submitted my supplemental app. They replied back really quick and their interview session is very informative as well. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes on that day :)

Oh wow! When did you submit your sup?

I submitted my application on 11/19, and I was interviewed on 1/29 :)
I am just so hating myself for submitting so late. Timing really is everything. I submitted like last week - what do you think my chances of getting an interview are? I really hope there's still dates available!!

I am just so hating myself for submitting so late. Timing really is everything. I submitted like last week - what do you think my chances of getting an interview are? I really hope there's still dates available!!
Hi,

Don't worry too much about submitting so late. I submitted my primary application on 10/16/2013, my secondary to Touro on 12/30/2013, was invited to interview on 01/14/2014, interviewed 01/21/2014 and was accepted 01/31/2014. I thought it was really hopeless submitting that late, but I'm glad I did. Because I took the chance, I will be matriculating this fall! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, according to their website, "Interviews are conducted in panel format and are typically held from late September through April." They interview students on any Wednesdays and Thursdays, so you should be fine.
"Don't worry too much and just focus on your school work and get good grades." My friends told me this when I was overstressed about something that I have no control over. If you meet their requirements, you will get an interview invitation soon. Good luck! :highfive:

Hi, according to their website, "Interviews are conducted in panel format and are typically held from late September through April." They interview students on any Wednesdays and Thursdays, so you should be fine.
"Don't worry too much and just focus on your school work and get good grades." My friends told me this when I was overstressed about something that I have no control over. If you meet their requirements, you will get an interview invitation soon. Good luck! :highfive:

You are so nice. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement! We all need them time to time. =) Have you decided on where you're going yet?

Hi,

Don't worry too much about submitting so late. I submitted my primary application on 10/16/2013, my secondary to Touro on 12/30/2013, was invited to interview on 01/14/2014, interviewed 01/21/2014 and was accepted 01/31/2014. I thought it was really hopeless submitting that late, but I'm glad I did. Because I took the chance, I will be matriculating this fall! :)

Congrats!!! That's so wonderful! I literally have dreams of getting the interview invite every night! I hope it'll come true!

Anyone here receive an interview invite recently? I've been checking my email like every other hour in hopes of getting one......

Anyone here receive an interview invite recently? I've been checking my email like every other hour in hopes of getting one......

Same submits my supp November but I guess they lost it because they sent me an email dec saying I didn't submit my supp yet. Then I re submit my supp but nothing still...

Same submits my supp November but I guess they lost it because they sent me an email dec saying I didn't submit my supp yet. Then I re submit my supp but nothing still...
The first time I submitted my supplimental app, I think I submitted to the email address stated on their website, I did not get a comfirmation email back, so I sent another one to Ms. Jacqueline, I got a confirmation email saying my file is completed and I got the invite the same day. Therefore, make sure you guys get confirmation back about your submission of supplymental application.

Whats everyones stats?
i got an interview this thursday and im soooo nervous. This is the only interview i have gotten so far and it looks like i got like a 1 in 5 chance from their stats of acceptance. I think im going to have a hard time in the group interview. I feel like you have to handle trying to stand out yet being polite and approachable instead of seeming boasty and cocky.

Whats everyones stats?
i got an interview this thursday and im soooo nervous. This is the only interview i have gotten so far and it looks like i got like a 1 in 5 chance from their stats of acceptance. I think im going to have a hard time in the group interview. I feel like you have to handle trying to stand out yet being polite and approachable instead of seeming boasty and cocky.
Damn i wanted to inteview thursday but got into an interview this wednesday. lets switch =)

finally touro got back to me!!! need to schedule an interview...

Reactions: 1 user
Damn i wanted to inteview thursday but got into an interview this wednesday. lets switch =)
LMAO hell naw. i need time to prepare. this is weird cause theres a chance people on this thread would be in the same group interview Yikes

I am so nervous.. I just emailed Jacqueline asking to see if I should send in a letter of intent or something to show my continued interest in the school.. Did anyone do this and what is your advice??

I really really want to go here and am constantly checking my email for an interview invite.

Did they give you an option for which days?

they told me next week but too late notice. i choose march 6th. and there also told me about march 12 being open tooo ahhh going so broke