TOURO CA Current Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danimjo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know its ridiculously early for this type of thing, but I was wondering if anyone could chime in on where Touro CA students live and how they found that housing.

I'm asking early for several reasons I want to get a rough idea of the rent price I can expect, we have three dogs so we're going to have a harder than average time finding a place to rent, and where my BF works will depend on where we live, so it'll help him in his job search if we can narrow it down to a few areas.

Also, I've tried all of the websites I can think of, including some random one's I found via google and I'm coming up with very little for rent in the vallejo area and nothing for rent on Mare Island. Is there a special real estate company we would need to use for rentals on Mare Island?

Anyone know of any property management companies in the area?

This and any other help would be much appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

hey, there are a lot housing on Mare Island which is about 1 mile away from the school.

most of the housing, if not all, can be found on Mustico Realty (the real estate company that Touro deals with).

http://www.musticorealty.com/touro.html

don't get confused with the "off-campus" ID for the listings. there are no housing on campus as you can see if you have visited the school.

good luck!

awesome! Thank you so much for the help! do you happen to know if we live off the island is traffic bad getting into Vallejo and onto mare island?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's also another agency that might be worth checking out. They have some listings on their website. http://www.krystleproperties.com/listings.html

Traffic seems to be not a major factor for students coming onto campus. We have quite a few students that live out in Berkeley, and more closely, Benicia. I think most of the traffic is headed in the opposite direction towards SF.

awesome! Thank you so much for the help! do you happen to know if we live off the island is traffic bad getting into Vallejo and onto mare island?

Thank you!

Try

http://www.housingmaps.com/

Select "SF - North Bay" for the Vallejo area.
Select "SF - East Bay" for the East Bay.

Set your price range.

I lived in El Cerrito first half of first year.
SF second half of first year.
Vallejo for most of of second year.

bth

bth

Wow! Keep thank you, keep the suggestions coming... we have three dogs so finding a house to rent is always a little bit of a challenge, the more resources the better!

Also, here's a sort of broad question... is there anything you wish you knew about living in or near Vallejo before you moved there? I've lived several places around the country and with every city there's always something I wish I had known beforehand... For example where I live now I'm 13 miles from my office, but it takes me almost an hour each way to commute, sure wish I had known about that before I signed the lease!:)

Wow! Keep thank you, keep the suggestions coming... we have three dogs so finding a house to rent is always a little bit of a challenge, the more resources the better!

Also, here's a sort of broad question... is there anything you wish you knew about living in or near Vallejo before you moved there? I've lived several places around the country and with every city there's always something I wish I had known beforehand... For example where I live now I'm 13 miles from my office, but it takes me almost an hour each way to commute, sure wish I had known about that before I signed the lease!:)

I wish I had known there are some place in Vallejo that have the most amazing views, and places right on the water, and places by beautiful parks.

I wish I had known there are some place in Vallejo that have the most amazing views, and places right on the water, and places by beautiful parks.

Are these in certain neighborhoods or on certain streets I should look for?

This thread has been quiet for a while, but I know there have been lots of new acceptances....

so this is just a bump for the newly accepted members of 2014 to see the thread easier...

I'm still looking at options for living in the Vallejo area.... did anyone buy a house or condo for school? There are several reasonably priced one's and paying a mortgage would be cheaper by month than paying rent.... But we bought a condo in New York and got stuck with it for two years after we had moved so I'm hesitant to make that leap again... just wondering if anyone else had experience with this?