Touro-CA MSMHS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depends. Do you want to be a DO or are you doing it because you didn't get into MD?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied late in the cycle (Oct) to both and had little success. A physician is a physician; I am not one of those people who gets all bent out of shape about initials... That being said I would prefer to be in the bay area. However, from what I understand Touro doesn't reserve seats or guarantee interviews following success in the program as Drexel does.

I applied late in the cycle (Oct) to both and had little success. A physician is a physician; I am not one of those people who gets all bent out of shape about initials... That being said I would prefer to be in the bay area. However, from what I understand Touro doesn't reserve seats or guarantee interviews following success in the program as Drexel does.
I am pretty sure that Touro holds seats for their MSMHS students and guarantees an interview with a certain gpa. There is apparently a strong linkage but they can't "guarantee" you'll get in. But according to their website and admissions, ~90-100% matriculate into the COM.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm wondering if acceptances are sent via email, and rejections via snail mail. That whole "and/or" thing is giving me the jitters (decisions will be released via US mail (and/or email) on May 30th

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm wondering if acceptances are sent via email, and rejections via snail mail. That whole "and/or" thing is giving me the jitters (decisions will be released via US mail (and/or email) on May 30th

Haven't heard anything yet here on my end

thanks for the info, going to call into the office now.

it is also only 1pm out here, so I would wait until 5.

My email said decisions on the 31st...

I know you guys are anxious to get the ball rolling, but be patient! I didn't get emailed my wait list notification until 5:56p PST on May 28th, after being delayed on the 24th. So good luck, don't stroke out! You'll hear soon enough. COM probably won't even get notification until 3p today.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think we'll be hearing today. Touro closes around 3PM on Friday for Sabbath

Reactions: 1 user
"Thank you for submitting your Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences (COM) application. Your file is now complete and ready for committee review. As detailed on our website (http://admissions.tu.edu/msmhs-com), the application period will close on May 19th and decisions will be released via US mail (and/or email) on May 31st."

I was planning on monday anyway...

I was hoping to hear today as that's what it states in the e-mail.
Thank you for submitting your Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences (COM) application. Your file is now complete and ready for committee review. As detailed on our website (http://admissions.tu.edu/msmhs-com), the application period will close on May 19th and decisions will be released via US mail (and/or email) on May 30th. It seems odd that they notify people on Saturday *fingers crossed* hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

maybe i just got the first draft, no idea.... anyone up for ft mason off the grid btw?

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe i just got the first draft, no idea.... anyone up for ft mason off the grid btw?
Yea I applied back in Feb, and also got May 31st. That was probably last year's email that they changed later in the spring. So I guess we're all waiting to at least Monday? Gah

looks like it, it is a little bit of a pain because my lease is done June 1st...

I got this reply: Actually, the email notice stated the results would be mailed out on 5/30/14 and not received by. So has anyone got their acceptance/rejection notifications through snail mail?? or email? I've got nothing yet.

I haven't heard anything either and I got the same email saying 05/30

if you email them, they won't tell you...

I haven't heard anything either and I got the same email saying 05/30

I just heard from them. Acceptance letters are mailed out today, you'll hear first through email.

Mine went to Spam at noon, so check your Spam guys!

I'm In!!! Is there anyone here that previously completed the program? Can you please PM me I have a few questions I want to ask. Thanks in advance! Good luck everyone!

For those on the waitlist, does it specify where on the waitlist you are?

@collegenow: I'm on the wait list. No it doesn't specific and they specifically state in the email not to ask because they can't tell us. :(

Wait list. I doubt this means anything because the e-mail wasn't specifically addressed, but did anyone have a number in the subject of their e-mail?

Email went to Spam, but accepted!!!!

waitlist as well, looks like im going to do drexel then as I am in there already, and it seems everyone goes onto the wait list.

Still nothing for me...those accepted, what's your stats and when did you apply?

Hey for those that were accepted how long have they given you to accept the offer? So it seems like a couple of people got Low Wailist? Is there anyone who got High Waitlist or just Waitlist?

they sent an acceptance email, saying we have two weeks to decide. we put down a deposit through the acceptance forms that arrive int he mail (they were mailed out today)

waitlist as well, looks like im going to do drexel then as I am in there already, and it seems everyone goes onto the wait list.
I doubt that's true. It probably seems like that because if you're rejected, you're not exactly rushing to post it on a forum.

How do you tell low/med/high on the waitlist? I don't see any indication on the email. Is anyone elses email highlighted in yellow about the possibility of getting in by orientation in August?

Mine just stated I'm on low wait list. And yes my email also highlighted that part yellow.

Mine just stated I'm on low wait list. And yes my email also highlighted that part yellow.

Good to know, thanks. I wonder if there is a High Wait List. Mine is just Wait List.

Mine has a (2) in the subject line but doesn't say anywhere about high, medium, or low. Stats: 3.05 cGPA, 3.46 sGPA, 27 MCAT

I got low wait list as well. I'm assuming that if you got just waitlist, you are somewhere in the middle