Touro (CA) vs UoP (CA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school?

• Total voters

Alboit

seeker
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just another comparison thread, hoping that you guys can give me opinions on these schools, as I'm probably going to have to decide between them eventually. So far, I've gathered as follows:

1. UoP has the better reputation
2. Both are in slummy areas
3. UoP is pricier?
4. Touro has a much smaller class size. This may or may not make up for its shakier reputation, as I heard it's on the uphill as of late, and improving. Supposed the faculty is very supportive and caring for each individual student, which has its obvious benefits. UoP is very large, so I'd imagine the small school atmosphere would be completely absent. Not sure if this affects student bonding, education quality, etc.
5. UoP supposedly has their pre-pharm program thing, which I heard may make incoming students somewhat 'clickey' if you are a transfer student
6. On the other hand, because UoP is larger it has a better campus (aka not random navy base) and possibly more options for living/studying. Also supposedly UoP has a carrying/friendly atmosphere as well.
7. UoP is accelerated; but then again, Touro has the 2-2 program, which is 'different' also. Not sure if these things are 'good' or 'bad'. Supposedly the 2-2 is a 'good' thing, but I'm not entirely certain.

Honest opinions appreciated, much thanks!:bow:

Members don't see this ad.

I would pick UOP hands down. Better reputation and half of their class will be transfer, so it'll be easy to make friends.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks for the input! Appreciate it

Members don't see this ad :)