Touro California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMGOSH, I completely missed the deadline to schedule the interview within a week of my invitation. So my application is postponed?! What does this mean!? Ah so worried, I was at another interview at the time and completely forgot.. :(

Members don't see this ad.

OMGOSH, I completely missed the deadline to schedule the interview within a week of my invitation. So my application is postponed?! What does this mean!? Ah so worried, I was at another interview at the time and completely forgot.. :(

...that sucks....call and make sure that it's postponed or did they already contact you?

There's no redo in pharmacy when you make an error. so...now you will remember to do something because of this horrible experience.

...that sucks....call and make sure that it's postponed or did they already contact you?

There's no redo in pharmacy when you make an error. so...now you will remember to do something because of this horrible experience.

I just remembered about it after getting my interview for Touro NY. I was flying to another interview that day when I received it. :( And no they didn't contact me, I just went back to the email and read it. I left a message to the person who scheduled it and asked if I could still schedule it. What does postpone mean? Like postponed until they go through all the applications? Or what...? And yeah, I definitely will remember from now on....

Members don't see this ad :)
I just remembered about it after getting my interview for Touro NY. I was flying to another interview that day when I received it. :( And no they didn't contact me, I just went back to the email and read it. I left a message to the person who scheduled it and asked if I could still schedule it. What does postpone mean? Like postponed until they go through all the applications? Or what...? And yeah, I definitely will remember from now on....

It depends, since they didn't contact you, there is a high chance you can schedule it. They probably say that to force people make a quick decision. I am not sure how every school looks at this since I don't know anyone who had this happen to them.

Not contacting them might initiate a thought that you don't care about the school..

It depends, since they didn't contact you, there is a high chance you can schedule it. They probably say that to force people make a quick decision. I am not sure how every school looks at this since I don't know anyone who had this happen to them.

Not contacting them might initiate a thought that you don't care about the school..

Thanks for the insight! I called and left a message asking if I could still schedule it. :( There's really not much more I can do. I messed up already. I'll just have to accept whatever happens!

Thanks for the insight! I called and left a message asking if I could still schedule it. :( There's really not much more I can do. I messed up already. I'll just have to accept whatever happens!

I wouldn't worry about it. Look to the future. I am sure you will get it back since this is still early interview stage. if its winter/spring quarter, then I will say tough luck. Since this is still fall quarter, it should be fine unless they really stick to their rules.

do you any of you guys know the likelihood of getting in if you have a january interview??

do you any of you guys know the likelihood of getting in if you have a january interview??

it depends if you get the easy interviewer. lol. easy interviewer = get in

January should be fine. To be honest, earlier interview would probably hurt more because they have to reserve spots for the later interviews. Or it could be worse to have a late interview since you will be competing with high gpa people. These high gpa people use touro for backup and don't apply early unless they like touro because of the $2000 deposit

There are pros and cons.

Red Angry Bird speaks truth about who you get as your interviewer. Some professors will like you while some won't, we are humans after all.

Interviewing in January still have a high chance of getting in because its in the middle of the interview cycle. I dont recommend later than February.... from personal experience. The chance of w/l is very high because they are limited on seats after Feb. They also reserve seats for their MPH too.

Angry Bird brought up a very interesting point and I wonder if its true? I always thought the latter people were ones who couldnt get an interview invite early on.

Red Angry Bird speaks truth about who you get as your interviewer. Some professors will like you while some won't, we are humans after all.

Interviewing in January still have a high chance of getting in because its in the middle of the interview cycle. I dont recommend later than February.... from personal experience. The chance of w/l is very high because they are limited on seats after Feb. They also reserve seats for their MPH too.

Angry Bird brought up a very interesting point and I wonder if its true? I always thought the latter people were ones who couldnt get an interview invite early on.

I acutally coudlnt evne get an interview in january. they told me if i wanted to schedule in january I would have to withdraw my application and call back in january and schedule if their seats werent full yet and she said she didnt knwo if htey would be full or not adn they might close their cycle anytime once the seat gets full. But I dont know if she was just telling me that to scare me.

So I just scheduled my interview the last day for interviews this year (dec 20th) I hope that doesnt hurt me since its the last interview before the new year. ahhh

I acutally coudlnt evne get an interview in january. they told me if i wanted to schedule in january I would have to withdraw my application and call back in january and schedule if their seats werent full yet and she said she didnt knwo if htey would be full or not adn they might close their cycle anytime once the seat gets full. But I dont know if she was just telling me that to scare me.

So I just scheduled my interview the last day for interviews this year (dec 20th) I hope that doesnt hurt me since its the last interview before the new year. ahhh

lol, just get it over with. Team interview just plain sucks imo. If one guy doesn't like you, all he/she does is keep on attacking you whenever the chances arise. The more you get attacked, the more you look dumb in front of other interviewers / interviewees.

lol, just get it over with. Team interview just plain sucks imo. If one guy doesn't like you, all he/she does is keep on attacking you whenever the chances arise. The more you get attacked, the more you look dumb in front of other interviewers / interviewees.

it's a group interview?? def didnt know that

it's a group interview?? def didnt know that

oo lol. yea, Touro / Northstate are famous for their group interviews. Though I say that Touro is somewhat more harsh.

Equal qualified applicants may not have the same chance to get in. Some dude just had to attack you..some easier interviewer ask it in a more straight forward manner.

The harder one would be like For example

Interviewer: hm, "name", you are art major, why are you here?
Interviewee: Blah Blah Blah
Interviewer: Looked pissed off in an instant.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview invitation on like mid-sep and I schedule it on Dec because touro is not my top choice.

oo lol. yea, Touro / Northstate are famous for their group interviews. Though I say that Touro is somewhat more harsh.

Equal qualified applicants may not have the same chance to get in. Some dude just had to attack you..some easier interviewer ask it in a more straight forward manner.

The harder one would be like For example

Interviewer: hm, "name", you are art major, why are you here?
Interviewee: Blah Blah Blah
Interviewer: Looked pissed off in an instant.

yeah, i felt like my panel of interviewers didn't seem that nice. group interviews are sucky imo too. meh

have u had your interview already?

yeah i had it on the 17th. so it seems that every wed/thurs they have interviews, with each day consisting of 10 candidates. for the interview, they split you off into 2 groups with 2 faculty and 1 P2(?). again, group interviews suckkkk :(

were u in my group? i was in the 17th interview too!

I have my interview this week! Any last minute pointers/tips/suggestions/things to be aware off? Any feedback much appreciated!

^Yes! I have been invited to interview also. I have yet to schedule it, but I would love to hear tips/suggestions about the interview process.

I have my interview this week! Any last minute pointers/tips/suggestions/things to be aware off? Any feedback much appreciated!

prepare prepare prepare!! don't be surprised when others have the exact same answers as yours, try to stand out with your answers but be truthful and most importantly, be passionate! good luck!

I remember our professor says they look mostly for communication skills during the interview.

^Yes! I have been invited to interview also. I have yet to schedule it, but I would love to hear tips/suggestions about the interview process.

pretty much everyone is gonna have the same answers. you have to figure out something your peer won't know.

Also, pray for easy interviewer as hard interviewer will dislike "similar answer" and instant attack you with a harder question.

What time does touro interview start

Anyone else interviewing on Nov 15?

hey all

does anyone know when the next interview date is? i received an invitation to submit the supplemental application, but i don't know if i should turn it in right away since i won't be in town during the 3rd week of december

hey all

does anyone know when the next interview date is? i received an invitation to submit the supplemental application, but i don't know if i should turn it in right away since i won't be in town during the 3rd week of december

i believe they have interviews wed and thurs of every week through december.

good luck on your interviews guys! =]

Hey everyone, I'm not a P1 at this Touro, but the one in NYC, but if you have any questions about this particular site or interview, let me know. I went through the interview and got in, but if you need any tips or advice, don't hesitate to ask.

Ajose1989, do you know how much Touro take the interview into account? I think I have a lot of experiences and less than average status, but I felt terrible after the interview....and now I am freaking out :(

Ajose1989, do you know how much Touro take the interview into account? I think I have a lot of experiences and less than average status, but I felt terrible after the interview....and now I am freaking out :(

did u have the lawyer -___-

truc16....Lol, yes I did, but I can't really blame anything, only thing I could have done is probably to react better and prepare better....I just felt I didn't do my best in the interview :(

truc16....Lol, yes I did, but I can't really blame anything, only thing I could have done is probably to react better and prepare better....I just felt I didn't do my best in the interview :(
I am very sorry to hear u had Dr Yoshizuka (he is actually very nice). But he is very strict in who he wants into the program. Did he ask u pharm. law questions? The last cycle, only one person ended up getting in.

Twentytwelve2, really????? Now I am really worry....sign.......we didn't get any pharm law question but we got a scenario question where I didn't response as well I think. Ever since after the interview the details of interview kept rewinding in my mind and I can't let it go...I will be really sad if I don't get in Touro since it's my top choice...

and do you mean I person out of the interview group on one particular day or out of all interview groups?

Well they do take your interview into account quite an amount because that is "you" and not "you on paper". However you do have your writing portion and your application to weigh in as well. I definitely did not have great stats [seriousness] and I have no experience in pharmacy (besides shadowing). So as long as you answered honestly and effectively than you are okay, I didn't think I did that well but, in the end they ended up taking me. Just breathe!

Well, I didn't have Dr Yoshizuka (I had Dr. Yu and Kepler). I don't think my interview was the most amazing or anything (many people had much better responses imo), but I ended up getting accepted (I'll be giving up my spot though). I feel the interview IS important BUT it's also your gpa, extracurriculars, essays, etc. Just relax because in all honesty, what's done is done and you should be proud no matter what bc getting an interview in the first place isn't easy =] Also, Dr Yoshizuka is one of the harder interviewers so I'm sure that is taken into account as well..

Good luck guys! It's still early in the admissions cycle =]

I got accepted!!!!!!!!! yay, waiting for my offiical letter just to make sure there is no error...

Daughter got accepted. Anyone know how much it costs for the housing near campus?

I got accepted!!!!!!!!! yay, waiting for my offiical letter just to make sure there is no error...
Congratulations and welcome to Touro! Your class will be experiencing the new PPC (pharmacy practice center) from the get go, which is awesome. The building wont be finished until next year sadly. It is going to be beautiful! Compounding area... and a pharmacy simulation area. :)

Thanks guys! I signed up for the email notification.

Twentytwelve2, are you going to Touro right now? Can you tell me some pros and cons of Touro?

Twentytwelve2, are you going to Touro right now? Can you tell me some pros and cons of Touro?
Touro starts clinical science from the beginning and also pharmacy law and according to the law professor, by the end of the first year, we know a lot more than students from other schools "in the area." Touro students have been known to excel compared to other students during institutional rotation because of the early preparation for clinical practice. Most of these comparisons were with UoP according to the prof. UoP actually dont start on clinical education until the year before rotation apparently. And they have to take biochemistry all over again, which we don't.

And you probably know that Touro has the highest CJPE and NAPLEX pass rate in the area that was mentioned during the interview.

Don't forget the Jewish holidays! There's plenty of that to relieve the stress away but the school makes up for loss time by having 8-5 PM days where we have 3 -- 3 hour lectures. This is a con because people would leave early or not show up sometimes. However, sometimes the prof. finishes the lecture early and we get to go at 3 or 4 PM!

Another con, which most people would agree is that the school could use some restructuring but the classrooms are nice and comfortable. There is also nothing to do on the island but I have no problem with that. It gives u an excuse to study more. Oh, and the gym is small. :(

I would brush up on top 200 drugs, physiology, and some biochemistry like enzyme kinetics because we start those in the beginning.

With that said, congrats and have fun while u can!

Congratulations and welcome to Touro! Your class will be experiencing the new PPC (pharmacy practice center) from the get go, which is awesome. The building wont be finished until next year sadly. It is going to be beautiful! Compounding area... and a pharmacy simulation area. :)

I Just Got a letter from Touro. My result was low alternate. Is it possible to get in ?

I Just Got a letter from Touro. My result was low alternate. Is it possible to get in ?

Annajo, I don't want to be the one to bring the bad news but being low alternate means there is no chance of being offered a seat. High alternates have a very good chance but even then, not everyone from the High gets accepted. I hope you are accepted somewhere else. I understand how frustrating it is during the application cycle but it is still early so I hope you get into your top school.:luck:

Thank you for your response. Anyway I had a good time at Touro during interview.

withdrawing from my interview at Touro! Goodluck to whoever gets my interview spot, and to all of you! :)

Has anyone ever rescheduled an interview at Touro? I want to reschedule until sometime in January. I don't want to have to pay that $2000 deposit since Touro isn't my top choice.

I was hoping someone could go over what an interview day at Touro was actually like. I was warned to wear comfortable shoes, and I'm wondering.. Is there really that much walking to do? Also, is there an essay component to the interview?

I was hoping someone could go over what an interview day at Touro was actually like. I was warned to wear comfortable shoes, and I'm wondering.. Is there really that much walking to do? Also, is there an essay component to the interview?
If you arrive early, they have you meet in the lounge area with the other candidates until it is time. You then gather in a small room and do a writing exercise followed by financial aid discussion. Then comes the part where they recommend you wear comfortable shoes. Since the Faragutt Inn is located on a hill top, you will have to walk down the hill to get to the actual interviewing room. The flight of stairs is long and I run out of breath walking up but I am out of shape :p. Aside from the stairs, there isn't anything cumbersome if u choose to wear uncomfortable shoes. However, if u choose high heels, I would be cautious walking down the stairs especially if its rainy.It's not a big of a deal as they make it out to be. Wear what makes u feel confident.

Anyways, after you get to the interviewing building, u are introduced to the school's program and they give u a a few minutes to wash up before they conduct interviews!