Touro Class of 2003

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexander DeLarge

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to make acquaintance with any future Class of 2003 Touro students. Please e-mail me.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending TUCOM this fall with you. Feel free to e-mail me about anything. I will be moving there from Florida sometime in July. Im pleased to meet you. Hope to hear from any others that will be attending.
Ronnie

[email protected]

Hi Ronnie, Alexander, + other Touro students

I am also headed to Touro this fall. I plan to move there 1st week of august. How about planning a get together party during the orientation weekend ?? I know a nice place in Berkeley called Jupiter we can all meet and get acquainted.

Hope to hear from all the rest.

kam

email: [email protected]

(Alexander - you forgot to list your email)

[This message has been edited by SFbay (edited April 30, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Where exactly in the Bay area is the school's campus located?

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

TUCOM is currently situated in San Francisco. It will relocate to Mare Island in Vallejo (Ex-Naval base) this Fall. Vallejo is about 1 hr drive from San Francisco.

To get a glimpse of Mare Island visit :

http://www.library.ca.gov/landgrab/site.cfm?site=mare_island

I have a friend that's on the waiting list at tucom and i was wondering if they got the green light to expand their class yet? When is the projected date for expansion? Will tucom get the approval to expand? Also if they expand, how many more seats will be open? What i'm trying to get at is how many people will they pull off their alternate list. I heard from someone that there are over 100 people on the list already. How do they handle their waiting list (i.e. is it ranked by number or by sections..high/middle/low)?

The AOA will announce on June 5 whether TUCOM will be able to expand the class size to 125. Currently there are 65 that have been accepted and 60 more will be accepted if the AOA approves the increase. All students on the alternate list are ranked with those at the highest portion of the list receiving acceptances first. If they do not accept they move down the list.

Hello,
I've been absent from this site for a while, but here I am again. I've finally decided that I will attend Touro, just so I can be close to my family. Yeah, it's been tough waiting for the new campus to finish but I've been receiving mails from them saying that they will try to have a picnic sometime at the end of this month at the new campus and that there will be an OMM class during the summer at the new campus free to all the incoming first year. Can't wait till I can finally see the campus for myself. Yeah, it's great that the TUCOM connection is slowly getting bigger. Can't wait to meet y'all. Viviane

Viv

Glad to have you on board TUCOM Class 2003!

Same here, Ive no inklinghow the new campus looks like. Hopefully I will get a peek of it this summer.

Cheers,

SF

Hi,
I posted this message on the ostepathic/premed discussion and then saw this thread so I decided to repost it here:
A quick question about SFCOM...I have a friend who was recently admitted to
SFCOM but has some concerns about the school. Not that it is a DO school, just
that it is so new and she is kinda worried about the disorganization that may
ensue with a place just getting off it's feet (plus the upcoming campus change). So, what I was wondering was: What
is the 411 on SFCOM/Touro? Is it a osteopathic school comparable with the
others? Is it a organizational nightmare? what about the school and it's curriculum? And what about this proposed expansion to double it's class size? Does the school have the resources for this? One final question: How are it's clinical training sites? I know this is a lot of questions but any info would be appreciated.
-AD

TUCOM is a new school. The move should make things a little chaotic. However, this school has a large financial backbone and should adjust to it's new location quite nicely. They seem very friendly with their students and quite helpful. I suspect that this school should be among the top of the osteopathic schools within the next 10 years.