Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Others probably received stronger candidate ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll probably retake my DAT again 24aa 24ts 22pat isn't enough for dental school.
I already started studying and aiming for 26aa

The same… what will come next? Wl and rej?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile
Apparently that's it for now in terms of acceptances. They'll be reaching out to all candidates within the week or by next week. They won't be sending waitlists or rejections just yet.

I'll probably retake my DAT again 24aa 24ts 22pat isn't enough for dental school.
Oh wow! I am very surprised that you didn't get in any with that score, it's great score for sure.....wow

lol understand your feeling… one of my friends got in this morning with 19AA and we have similar academic background beside dat. I got confused too…

Oh wow! I am very surprised that you didn't get in any with that score, it's great score for sure.....wow
There's much more to an application than a set of scores.

Reactions: 4 users
Apparently that's it for now in terms of acceptances. They'll be reaching out to all candidates within the week or by next week. They won't be sending waitlists or rejections just yet.
They did it in last wave… 1st day acceptance 2nd day rej… omg…

She didn't make it seem like that's what they're doing this time around. I mean I hope not. I won't be able to check email tomorrow lol

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to know about personal status by asking to the school directly over the phone???
Just wondering.

Is it possible to know about personal status by asking to the school directly over the phone???
Just wondering.
Doubt it. she wouldn't even tell me how many acceptances they sent out today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doubt it. she wouldn't even tell me how many acceptances they sent out today.
I was thinking about writing an email and ask for status… but ma afraid of receiving a response with the rej lettee as attachment…

Did they tell u that?

Well. I guess at this point, it would more helpful and easier to go back to the re-apply mode like before I got interview invitation. I feel like I wasted a good month to study because of this process, but I guess it's a part of learning experience and this experience would help at some point in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
I was thinking about writing an email and ask for status… but ma afraid of receiving a response with the rej lettee as attachment…

lol I'd just hang tight if I were you. Trust me, I know how hard that is..

Congrats everyone who's gotten in. At least they were very respectful to applicants by sending out inviteels as soon as they knew how many seats they had.

Kudos to touro!

Wait so if we didn't hear back its either wait list or rejection..?

We don't know anything people will still drop and they should send out rejections soon then make a permanent wait list

Wait so if we didn't hear back its either wait list or rejection..?

don't over think it. Just like the first wave of acceptances, I think it will be 1 week of waiting for deposits and if people don't, those seats will go to whoever didn't hear from them yet.
I don't think they will have another round of rejections. It wouldn't make sense to do it in two waves (at least I think) instead of doing it on the first wave.

After all the seats are filled, that's when they will probably send out letter to unofficial waitlister and tell them that they didn't make it.

Hang in there everyone. I know how hard it is because I was in your guys' shoes until 4/20. It really sucks everything out of you, but at the end it is worth the wait.

Reactions: 1 users
I totally understand you! You're not alone... That extra paragraph gave me a lot of hope and I haven't heard anything yet ...:(

What is the extra paragraph? Thnx

What is the extra paragraph? Thnx
some ppl received an email from touro after interview… saying u r a competitive candidate, but the school had not receives full accreditation yet, so no official offer could be made at that time

Reactions: 1 users
some ppl received an email from touro after interview… saying u r a competitive candidate, but the school had not receives full accreditation yet, so no official offer could be made at that time

Of those ppl, I am assuming some got accepted and some did not?

I hate to say it but Sorry that's what it looks like....
It really doesn't look like that, actually. There's a very slim chance that every single person that has received the offer will take it. That means that Touro will continue to send acceptances until all the seats are full. So it's not rational to assume everyone who hasn't heard back yet is automatically waitlisted or rejected. Please don't instill additional fear or worry in applicants who are already experiencing these sensations. Be practical and hopeful. Only time will tell.

It really doesn't look like that, actually. There's a very slim chance that every single person that has received the offer will take it. That means that Touro will continue to send acceptances until all the seats are full. So it's not rational to assume everyone who hasn't heard back yet is automatically waitlisted or rejected. Please don't instill additional fear or worry in applicants who are already experiencing these sensations. Be practical and hopeful. Only time will tell.
I think his/her point was that the chances of admission are slimmer now than they were yesterday. There is a wait-list for a reason.

Scores just get u the interview basically, but you still gotta shine on interviews too, or so I've heard , I think once you get to the interview part, it basically signifies your scores and gpa were good enough...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Indeed, some schools are doing the way you said, and some schools rank candidates by combo of the interview performance and stats… for sure we wont know how touro does it…I ma not saying stats is the whole story, but it may be the only visible part(standardised) as an applicant(at least for myself) to see and use for self-evaluation…Unfortunately the entire game is not exactly set as the way that I hope…what I can do beside useless(but daily lol)calculation for chance is improving myself…

If you have such high stats and are rejected after an interview, you most likely blew the interview. Once you interview you are on an equal playing field with every other candidate.

Everyone had amazing interview. I asked everyone in my group how was the interview and they all said amazing
Just because you think it went amazing doesn't mean the interviewer felt the same way. I'm just being real here!

Reactions: 2 users
@jly223 my interviewer told me I'm in! That's as confidence I was but at this point it does not matter! I'm still in my masters program and better schools will come my way

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile