touro college of pharmacy New York C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we getting the next update on thursday or friday january 3 or 4

Members don't see this ad.

I wont go to this school they starting to change everything. Their gpa will be changed from 2.0 to 2.5......this school is very unorganized

im confused? The GPA change from 2.0 to 2.5? What do you mean by that? Or do you mean from 2.5 to 2.0?

In order to stay in the program a student must have a 2.5 GPA. I dont know why they did that, other schools like LIU their GPA is 2.3 and their program is well known and not like touro.

Members don't see this ad :)
In order to stay in the program a student must have a 2.5 GPA. I dont know why they did that, other schools like LIU their GPA is 2.3 and their program is well known and not like touro.

That's messed up......They should go with their previous requirement......

yea I know. I'm from florida and I'm not planning to waste my time on this school.

I wont go to this school they starting to change everything. Their gpa will be changed from 2.0 to 2.5......this school is very unorganized
What school are you talking about? I thought the minimum GPA for Touro was always 2.5.

So what? Do you really want people dispensing and giving advise on medication that had a C average in school? A C+ is hardly anything better and certainly achievable. It's well known that schools standards have been going up with the increased supply of candidates. With Touro getting many more applications than normal this seemed inevitable.

I dont agree with that. Half of the stuff that you learn in school u dont use it once u graduate. Its all business.

Due to the holiday schedule the Admissions committee will not meet until the week of January 7th, thus decisions will be emailed no later than January 9th. I apologize for the delay.

I dont agree with that. Half of the stuff that you learn in school u dont use it once u graduate. Its all business.

So what other institutions are you looking into? I think that a 2.5 GPA is not impossible, but it can be quite a little more challenging. At the end of it all I believe that school is what you make of it. Dont give up. New York has alot to offer, the possibilities are endless. Its what you make of it. The only thing to think about if you decide to go to Touro is the Cost of the institution.

What school are you talking about? I thought the minimum GPA for Touro was always 2.5.
With all my respect pharmizforme I do not agree with you. One cannot go into this program thinking the way you are because it can be devastating. Maybe most of what you learn in college will not be applicable to real life situations however in the case of the PharmD degree I will say that 99.9% of what you learn will be applicable in one way or another (I believe). I personally think that a minimum 2.5 GPA is not impossible and if anything Touro should increase it maybe even to a 3.0 as the minimum GPA. We do not want PharmD graduates out there that are just average. In this field we need to be sharp because one can easily loose his/her license because of a terrible mistake. Trust me. My husband is a PharmD.

Just checked email this morning and found out I was accepted!!!!
Invite 11-17-12, interview 12-5-12, accepted 1-8-13

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance :)
See you in August.

Pashuni

So what other institutions are you looking into? I think that a 2.5 GPA is not impossible, but it can be quite a little more challenging. At the end of it all I believe that school is what you make of it. Dont give up. New York has alot to offer, the possibilities are endless. Its what you make of it. The only thing to think about if you decide to go to Touro is the Cost of the institution.
With all my respect pharmizforme I do not agree with you. One cannot go into this program thinking the way you are because it can be devastating. Maybe most of what you learn in college will not be applicable to real life situations however in the case of the PharmD degree I will say that 99.9% of what you learn will be applicable in one way or another (I believe). I personally think that a minimum 2.5 GPA is not impossible and if anything Touro should increase it maybe even to a 3.0 as the minimum GPA. We do not want PharmD graduates out there that are just average. In this field we need to be sharp because one can easily loose his/her license because of a terrible mistake. Trust me. My husband is a PharmD.

Congratulation! I was interviewed on that day too and got accepted today too =)
are you going to accept the offer? :D

So I have an interview with this school but I've already been accepted somewhere else (UOP) and put in my deposit, however the idea of living in NY is very tempting, but I know NOTHING about this school, so I'm not sure if its worth it to spend the money to travel here to check it out. Can anyone tell me anything about the school htat I cant find on the website? Like personal opinions of the school when visiting? If its well known? If a lot of people get into residencies from there? It's location? etc!

Thank you in advance to anyone who is so kind to help me out :)

Yeah I accepted, just waiting for the deposit link. Did you accept or going some where else?

So I have an interview with this school but I've already been accepted somewhere else (UOP) and put in my deposit, however the idea of living in NY is very tempting, but I know NOTHING about this school, so I'm not sure if its worth it to spend the money to travel here to check it out. Can anyone tell me anything about the school htat I cant find on the website? Like personal opinions of the school when visiting? If its well known? If a lot of people get into residencies from there? It's location? etc!

It will be worth while visiting the school because NY is just amazing. It offers endless opportunities to everyone who seeks and takes advantage of what it has to offer.

Can you tell me or is there a link they give you with information about doing immunization, CPR training? Any moving companies recommended? I'm coming from Reno, NV

Can you tell me or is there a link they give you with information about doing immunization, CPR training? Any moving companies recommended? I'm coming from Reno, NV

I remember you! hehe... you were the business guy =)
I was the California girl from San Diego!!
Congratulation again! I still don't know yet but I have to finalize my decision by this weekend :(

Oh ya, I was talking with you before the interview started in the cafeteria. What other schools are you considering?

Oh ya, I was talking with you before the interview started in the cafeteria. What other schools are you considering?

Concordia in Milwaukee.
The only thing that holds me back from Touro is the cost of living :(
I think I will give up my seat at Touro. Good luck to those who are waiting for the good news!

Concordia in Milwaukee.
I think I will give up my seat at Touro. Good luck to those who are waiting for the good news!

Cost of living in the NYC area is pretty high, but like others suggested, you can find roommates to share apartments with, or get an apartment for cheap in Westchester and take the Metro-North railroad into the city.

Concordia in Milwaukee.

The experience alone is well worth the price of this school, doing rotations in a 8 million people city you will see unique things that a small town with cheaper cost of living just can't offer. I hope you reconsider hot girl:naughty:

UOP as in the school in CA?

Although it has been done, I hear it's very tough obtaining a california residency as an out of state applicant. So my personal opinion for you is: If your plan is to practice pharmacy or apply to residencies in CA, I highly recommend you attend UOP.

Residency & Fellowship stats for Touro NY class of 2012 (65 students):

5 residency (All in NYC)
2 Fellowships

Source: I attend TouroNY

Goodluck!

did you get your interview i know i know your post is old put im pretty much in your same boat but just a year later!! :)

Thanks for the encouragement Cityboy. :thumbup:I guess you're right. Positive thinking is good. I am going to try and submit everything by Monday. Good luck to you and I hope you land an interview!

Yeah lmao! I dropped 45 dollars on a professional envelope and application paper. I mailed with extra certified secure SUP delivery. but I doubt this matters

did you get your interview The Recoverer i know i know your post is old put im pretty much in your same boat but just a year later!! :)

did you get your interview The Recoverer i know i know your post is old put im pretty much in your same boat but just a year later!! :)

Yes, I did got an interview......how about you.....:naughty:

The experience alone is well worth the price of this school, doing rotations in a 8 million people city you will see unique things that a small town with cheaper cost of living just can't offer. I hope you reconsider hot girl:naughty:

I can't emphasize this point enough about westchester. Most people are not from this area and so I understand they automatically move into the city but honestly while it is a great city it seems wasteful to take out even more loan money just to live there. Live in the city when you graduate and get an awesome job and aren't relying on loans to pay it off. I live in westchester and it has no distractions, its quiet and my rent is low. Plus the town I live in is beautiful. Don't ride off Touro just because it says the cost of living is so high. It can be if you want it to be but if you just want to be a student and have some money for fun you can take out sooooo much less than they recommend. Just my two cents! :)

"Cost of living in the NYC area is pretty high, but like others suggested, you can find roommates to share apartments with, or get an apartment for cheap in Westchester and take the Metro-North railroad into the city."

Darn I meant to respond to that one! Sorry!

Hey guys, I am interviewing here this Wed, on 1/23 !! I am sooo excited causs Touro is my #1 choice for pharmacy! Does anyone have any advice or tips about how the interview process is and/ or what to expect for that day, in addition to what was already mentioned previously? ANYTHING will be appreciated! Thanks!! :)

The day of the interview you will either gather in the cafeteria before going up to 5th floor, everybody gathers and someone comes in and you a introduce your self, why pharmacy, why touro. Everybody does it and then you split up into two groups. Either you go down for your interview or you do the writing portion. The interview is one on one for ten minutes, then you switch rooms for the next interview and so on for a total of three interviews for a total of 30 minutes. Then you will start the writing assignment by talking about the article amongst your group then they separate you individually to type out your responses in computer and you have fifteen minutes. Then both groups merge back together for financial aid and professor talking to the group. We had lunch during financial slides. We started at 10 and ended around 2:30 or so. Just relax and go over the article and interview questions on this forum, do some mock interviews and you should be golden.

The day of the interview you will either gather in the cafeteria before going up to 5th floor, everybody gathers and someone comes in and you a introduce your self, why pharmacy, why touro. Everybody does it and then you split up into two groups. Either you go down for your interview or you do the writing portion. The interview is one on one for ten minutes, then you switch rooms for the next interview and so on for a total of three interviews for a total of 30 minutes. Then you will start the writing assignment by talking about the article amongst your group then they separate you individually to type out your responses in computer and you have fifteen minutes. Then both groups merge back together for financial aid and professor talking to the group. We had lunch during financial slides. We started at 10 and ended around 2:30 or so. Just relax and go over the article and interview questions on this forum, do some mock interviews and you should be golden.

Wonderful! Thank u so much for the break down, Khankorp! It is amazing how much more at ease I feel when reading through SDN! You, and everyone else who was kind enough to share about the interview experience have really given us interviewees such great support and encouragement! So, thank u very much, and thanks SDN!! :)

Goodluck to everyone interviewing this month! Is anyone going to be joining me on the 1/23 interview, btw? :)

Hey Guys, those of you had or will have an interview on january could you please share your stats.

Hey guys, I am interviewing here this Wed, on 1/23 !! I am sooo excited causs Touro is my #1 choice for pharmacy! Does anyone have any advice or tips about how the interview process is and/ or what to expect for that day, in addition to what was already mentioned previously? ANYTHING will be appreciated! Thanks!! :)

could you please share your stats...

could you please share your stats...

My stats are: science GPA and Math GPA both 3.03. Overall GPA 3.53. Nonscience GPA is 3.81. PCAT is 60. Over 6 years experience as pharm tech.

My stats are: science GPA and Math GPA both 3.03. Overall GPA 3.53. Nonscience GPA is 3.81. PCAT is 60. Over 6 years experience as pharm tech.

Your stats are better than mine by a few points here and there, but I have 7 years experience as a pharmacy tech. 5 years retail, 2 years hospital, 2 years volunteering, Bachelors in Biology minor Chemistry, Associates of Science emphasis in Chemistry.

I would say majority of people are way better than me and with that said, if I can do it, you can too!

I had a question for recent Touro College of Pharmacy grauduates. I wanted to know what they think about the program as far as the curriculum and the rotations available. Does the school concentrate on providing opportunities for the students?

Your stats are better than mine by a few points here and there, but I have 7 years experience as a pharmacy tech. 5 years retail, 2 years hospital, 2 years volunteering, Bachelors in Biology minor Chemistry, Associates of Science emphasis in Chemistry.

I would say majority of people are way better than me and with that said, if I can do it, you can too!

Thanks! :D It's really great that you have so much experience in multiple fields of pharmacy. I have a lot of experience, but it is ALL in retail. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I have a BA is psychology and anthropology.

BTW, I think my interview went really well today! I feel really optimistic about it! I CANNOT wait til the beginning of February to find out if I made it!!! :scared: :xf::xf::xf::xf: