Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys.
I created a facebook page for a class of 2016. Just search for "Touro college of pharmacy class of 2016" . This is the best tool to get to know your classmates and find roommates. It was the best tool for me when I got in as well.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/312461042112614/#Congrats to all of those who got in , and I am wishing the one waiting for interview the best of luck.

Hope to see you guys all next year. ;)

Requested to join~~~:D

Members don't see this ad.

just put my 1k enrollment deposit! nowwww waitingggg for orientation! I'm officially in with a seat! anyone else get in and paid their deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
just put my 1k enrollment deposit! nowwww waitingggg for orientation! I'm officially in with a seat! anyone else get in and paid their deposit?

I'm in. Just paid with my AMEX, reserved for Fall 2012. Yeah. See ya~~~:D;):cool:

Still playing the waiting game :scared:
Got an e-mail saying they received my application
on Nov. 23.
For the people that already got an interview, do they only send invites at the
end of the month?

Still playing the waiting game :scared:
Got an e-mail saying they received my application
on Nov. 23.
For the people that already got an interview, do they only send invites at the
end of the month?

How about your supplement application? Once you've submitted both applications (PharmCAS & Touro COP supplement), they will start to review it. Normally, 2 weeks of reviewing, but keep in mind that December is a holiday-season-month. I believe there're regular holidays like Christmas and NYE but also Jewish holidays. So, I will assume 3 weeks of processing time.

I don't think they always send invites at the end of the months, but I'm pretty sure that they will send out the results (accepted, rejected or reserved) by end of each month thru emails.

During the waiting periods, like this year end holiday seasons, spend your time with your family, friends, and love ones. Enjoy the time of being together!!! Share your love thru community services. Then, after this seasons, get ready for your interview practice.

Never ever lose hope~~~ Good luck and hope to see you there~~~ ;)

I am pretty sure my supplemental arrived before my pharmcas application. I had a certain professor who took a really long time to finish LOR.

for me i submitted my pharmcas 9/25....thenn i had to wait for letters of recommendation from people....i submitted the supplemental app. maybe 1-2 weeks after and touro received/reviewed it 10.19....i got my interview emaill on 11.04 for my interview scheduled for 11.10. then after my interview i got my acceptance email on 11.30. sooo I'm sure your's will take some time to process due to the holidays.

They received my pharmcas application on 12/5 and I submitted my supplemental app before they got my pharmcas app and I saw they cashed out my check. I emailed hilda yesterday regarding my status and havnt heard from her yet. I guess during this month it takes longer.. does any1 know how long I have to wait prolly until next year ?/ :scared: lol this wait is horrible =(

They received my pharmcas application on 12/5 and I submitted my supplemental app before they got my pharmcas app and I saw they cashed out my check. I emailed hilda yesterday regarding my status and havnt heard from her yet. I guess during this month it takes longer.. does any1 know how long I have to wait prolly until next year ?/ :scared: lol this wait is horrible =(

They haven't cashed my check yet and i was interviewed back in October:)

Yep they haven't cashed mine either...but today is exactly 3 weeks since the day they got my Pharmcas + Suppl...I know it sucks waiting but find something constructive to do. From Dec. 12-20 is finals week @ Touro so I am guessing they are all busy sifting through applications b/c its winter break from Dec. 21- Jan 1. I send an e-mail earlier too and I didn't get an answer back yet. In the past Hilda replied pretty fast.

@NYC Tm I think you may receive interview by the 20th...I hope. It would be the perfect XMAS gift.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Prepharmboy That would be my best xmas gift ever but I dunno cuz it's basically next tuesday and then wed u have hanukkah. Well hopefully we both get interviews

@RX2020 so how was you interview wat did they ask you?

@Prepharmboy That would be my best xmas gift ever but I dunno cuz it's basically next tuesday and then wed u have hanukkah. Well hopefully we both get interviews

@RX2020 so how was you interview wat did they ask you?

Interview was good but I was placed in reserved Pool:(

I still have my fingers crossed that i get in as my Fall 2011 grades will be entered tomorrow into Pharmcas

Lets seee

I wish you goodluck!

HeY

I did, I was interviewed in Oct and got in Nov 1st :)

Last edited:

HeY

I did, I was interviewed in Oct and got in Nov 1st :)

Where are you coming from? Hmmm. I would estimate an overnight flight. You will arrive LaGuardia Airport (LGA) early in the morning. Take M60 bus and straight to the school. It takes about 30-40 mins ride. Get off at 125th St and Lenox (Grab a coffee at Starbucks to wake you up!!!) Then, walk for about 2-3 mins to the school.

You should be done around 4pm. Take M60 again!!! I estimate this ride will be about 1-2 hours because people get off from work about this time. So, book your flight between 8 or 9pm.

Hopefully, you have an idea of the big picture. :)

Hi, I'm coming from CA. I was just wondering is there any good hotel that I can take M60 but to go to? I have never been in NY and I heard that Harlem is dangerous and ghettoo. My interview is at 10:30am on thursday. is there any recommendation for hotel and ransportation!! i'm stressing out

Hi, I'm coming from CA. I was just wondering is there any good hotel that I can take M60 but to go to? I have never been in NY and I heard that Harlem is dangerous and ghettoo. My interview is at 10:30am on thursday. is there any recommendation for hotel and ransportation!! i'm stressing out

When did you get an invitation email from the school??

Hi 44mumucoco congrats when did you submitted ur supplmental application or received the email your application being under reviewed?

Hi 44mumucoco congrats when did you submitted ur supplmental application or received the email your application being under reviewed?
Hi, I submitted my pharmcas on oct 8th and sent out my supplemental apps around nov 15th so that's quite a long time for them to process my apps... are you waiting for interview? when did you apply?

so.. they are doing interviews during the holidays? Nice! hopefully I get an invite during my break.
If anyone care, Touro got my supplemental and Pharmcas by Nov. 23. Still trying to not to worry so much.
I am also from Cali and never been to NY.
@ 44mumucoco how are you preparing for the interview?

my interview date is january 19th. anyone else have the same interview date? and anyone who already had an interview have an advice???

so.. they are doing interviews during the holidays? Nice! hopefully I get an invite during my break.
If anyone care, Touro got my supplemental and Pharmcas by Nov. 23. Still trying to not to worry so much.
I am also from Cali and never been to NY.
@ 44mumucoco how are you preparing for the interview?
LOL not really prepare yet since I have tons others thing to do... i'll try to do some mock interview with my friends i guess

@44mumucoco they received my suppl and pharmcas and told me it's being under reviewed on 12/14

my interview date is january 19th. anyone else have the same interview date? and anyone who already had an interview have an advice???

Yes. my interview date is also on the 19th! im nervous, never been to new york. if you hear of any advice about the interview please let me know.

@44mumucoco they received my suppl and pharmcas and told me it's being under reviewed on 12/14
they told me that mine is under review on 12/15 so I guess it's depends. honestly, my GPA is not great and PCAT is like so so. I honestly dont know why I got invitation anyhow....

Yes. my interview date is also on the 19th! im nervous, never been to new york. if you hear of any advice about the interview please let me know.

Honestly just be yourself....if u really are certain about this as your career path and your goals meet their mission objectives then you should be fine. If you had prior or current experience towards pharmacy and volunteering then its a super plus. Its more of your personality and what you have to offer to the public when you do graduate with that pharm d,they want to see that you know what's going on out there medically esp.health disparities, etc. its important to understand what those are... If you dont you should read up about it even if you dont have pharmacy related experience. Dress businesslike attire...dont over do it look presentable and number one key is be confident. Its ok to be nervous but if u want this bad youll make it happen. Be honest and confident and you"ll be fine. I was super nervous but with my 9 yrs of pharmacy experience it became second nature to me with the questions they were asking. Good luck! Hope you make it in! :thumbup::)

@44mumucoco I think cuz they received my pharmcas on 12/5 and I assume they received your earlier so it's only fair to evaluate those who submitted first... at least I think that how it works... yaa I'm just waiting to get an email from them hopefully within the next week or so... =/

Received an admission update this morning and I was placed in reserve pool::(

Anyone else got off the reserved pool?

how many more seats do they have left now?

Got an acceptance email this morning but will be declining. Good luck future class of 2016! :)

Anyone else got accepted received an interview invite?

I have a question for those already attending Touro. I am thinking of working not the first semester but hopefully the second. I have a Tech Liscence from Cali and wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can obtain NY liscence and also how is the job market for an intern or Pharmacist, is it saturated like Cali or not? Thank you, appreciated

I have a question for those already attending Touro. I am thinking of working not the first semester but hopefully the second. I have a Tech Liscence from Cali and wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can obtain NY liscence and also how is the job market for an intern or Pharmacist, is it saturated like Cali or not? Thank you, appreciated

Hi,
I am not sure what the process would be for obtaining a License. However, you should be able to obtain employment....I used to work at a pharmacy and we accomodated alot of students

I am still no in yet but hopefully I am off the reserve pool soon:)

Hi,
I am not sure what the process would be for obtaining a License. However, you should be able to obtain employment....I used to work at a pharmacy and we accomodated alot of students

I am still no in yet but hopefully I am off the reserve pool soon:)

Thank you so much and good luck to you. Hopefully you will get off the reserve pool this month. :)

Anyone who was interviewed today 1/19...please share your experience!!!!

Anyone who was interviewed today 1/19...please share your experience!!!!

I interviewd back in October and was placed on hold...I'm still on hold...I don't know how much longer I need to wait to finally get in :(

Will we be typing our response based on what HAPPENED in the group discussion or based on our answers to the scenario and questions?