Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yep I finally got an interview ;) anyone else have an interview on Feb 7 @12:00 pm?
I am worried about the financial aid situation with this school. Is the first year all based on students loans since I am a CA resident?

Members don't see this ad.

yep I finally got an interview ;) anyone else have an interview on Feb 7 @12:00 pm?
I am worried about the financial aid situation with this school. Is the first year all based on students loans since I am a CA resident?

Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your supplemental? I want to get an idea since I submitted mine pretty late!!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewd back in October and was placed on hold...I'm still on hold...I don't know how much longer I need to wait to finally get in :(

Ur not alone... a few others on here and myself are on hold too. I interviewed in Nov. I haven't heard of anyone who was placed on hold this cycle getting accepted yet. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Congrats!
I remember some of the students mentioning federal loan but they said not to worry until you get accepted because Financial aid office will work with you. But i'd ask on interview day if you are really concerned. hope that helps!

Ur not alone... a few others on here and myself are on hold too. I interviewed in Nov. I haven't heard of anyone who was placed on hold this cycle getting accepted yet. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

I heard that they tend to take you off towards the end of the cycle. Deadline is March and they interview people until April. So we got some waiting!

Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your supplemental? I want to get an idea since I submitted mine pretty late!!
Thank you!

Sure,
Since I know how it feels to be waiting for an interview...try not stress so much.

cGPA: 2.8 (wish I had a better GPA)

Around 400 volunteer hours inside a pharmacy as a tech.

Extracurricular activities: Pre-pharmclub, Relay for Life, etc.

Submitted my application close to Halloween (Oct. 31)

Hope this helps,
Good luck

So my game plan for this interview was to go through all the past threads and come up with as many questions as I can and write them down on flash cards. Just so I end up knowing what to expect on the interview.

For those that have been interviewed and accepted, how did you prepare for the interview?

Sure,
Since I know how it feels to be waiting for an interview...try not stress so much.

cGPA: 2.8 (wish I had a better GPA)

Around 400 volunteer hours inside a pharmacy as a tech.

Extracurricular activities: Pre-pharmclub, Relay for Life, etc.

Submitted my application close to Halloween (Oct. 31)

Hope this helps,
Good luck

Hi PrePharmboy!

Thank you so much! Best wishes on interview day!!!!

I heard that they tend to take you off towards the end of the cycle. Deadline is March and they interview people until April. So we got some waiting!

Do you mind saying where you heard that? Because from last year that wasn't the case from looking at the threads. Also, i'd be annoyed because they told us they review our application every month. I really hope we don't have to wait until interviews are done because once they are we will be wait-listed which is even worse...not to mention less seats. Once on the waitlist we have to wait for people to reject their offer.

that really sucks to wait till March or May to hear back :( I hope we hear sooner than that.

So my game plan for this interview was to go through all the past threads and come up with as many questions as I can and write them down on flash cards. Just so I end up knowing what to expect on the interview.

For those that have been interviewed and accepted, how did you prepare for the interview?

You can get some information from previous threads. Check this out:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=561656 (Threads #28)

Also, use the search function, look for the 2015 one. You will find plenty of answers to your questions.

Be very familiar with the core statements of the school. Be positive on every answers during interview. Have some conversations with pharmacists you know, to have a big picture of the future pharmacists.

Other than these, just be yourself and don't be nervous!!! Good luck~~~:thumbup:

You can get some information from previous threads. Check this out:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=561656 (Threads #28)

Also, use the search function, look for the 2015 one. You will find plenty of answers to your questions.

Be very familiar with the core statements of the school. Be positive on every answers during interview. Have some conversations with pharmacists you know, to have a big picture of the future pharmacists.

Other than these, just be yourself and don't be nervous!!! Good luck~~~:thumbup:

Got it,

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview email yesterday! Super nervous and super excited since my interview is scheduled for this Thursday 1/26 at 10:30am. Anyone else scheduled for this day??

I also have been looking at past threads to get an idea of what kind of interview questions they will ask. Crossing my fingers to get in!!!! :xf:

Just got my interview email yesterday! Super nervous and super excited since my interview is scheduled for this Thursday 1/26 at 10:30am. Anyone else scheduled for this day??

I also have been looking at past threads to get an idea of what kind of interview questions they will ask. Crossing my fingers to get in!!!! :xf:

Congrats~~~ On top of that, be yourself and stay positive of all your answers. (Don't forget to explore the city!!!)

Good luck~~~:thumbup:

I went through the questions on interview feedback from SDN. Other than that, just practice some basic questions with yourself , why pharmacy? why Touro? Know about public health... and be true and be yourself. Good Luck! :)

Hello everyone. I was accepted into this school last month and already paid my deposit to reserve a spot. Now I'm worried about financial aid and loans. I'm only 24 so I have almost nothing saved in my bank account. The tuition and living expensive in NY are extremely high--so I'm not sure how I'll survive? Another note is, I'm getting married this summer, so my wife will be coming with me to NY. Do you get more money from financial aid/loans if you are married? How much approximate do you think I can get per year?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,
My interview is on Jan 26th at Touro, CA. Can anyone share their experience. How was the essay question and interview questions?

hi everyone!

i has the first interview in October & was accepted. i was wondering if anyone attending is from CA.

goodluck on those who have interviews!!! :]

i got accepted at the end of december, and i know it might still be a little early, but im looking for a possible roommate. i want to get a place preferably in the Manhattan area :] i'm from so cal, so it would be nice if someone else was from so cal too :] PM me! :]

Hi everyone,
My interview is on Jan 26th at Touro, CA. Can anyone share their experience. How was the essay question and interview questions?
Hi , I was interviewed in early January. I thought the interview question was easy, you work in a team that is assigned to you. You guys discuss your topic and argue whether it is right or not. Then, you have 15 mins to write that up on a computer. Trust me, this is easy. don't sweat it. My question was about bicyclists. haha it was interesting.

I had a hard interview..i had 2 professors instead of 1 student and 1 faculty or something like that. So they rate you on paper and ask you questions. sometimes, they will ask you questions for sure that you should practice are : Why Pharmacy. Tell me about yourself. What is your strength and weakness. define public health . what is health disparity. I used Touro CA 's interview quetions to practice. I thought they were fairly similar. My interviewers were nice, but not very talkative, or one o them wasn't. I thought i did bad because i was the first to finish. I think i finished in 15 minutes. =x SO, my tip is to talk slow and be confident. They are going to rate you in front of your face, so don't be alarmed. Mine was closed file, but you should be ready if they ask you about your grades. One question that I struggeled was the whol "tell me about a time you had a stressful situation and how you overcame it" because the previous question was totally about pharmacy. so change of topic is gonna be fast.

Overall, the pharm students there are really nice and want to help you. you get free lunch and meet the faculty and students. mingle and ask as much questions as you can. i thought the faculty were extremely nice and the students were sincere.

Honestly, my tip is to study Touro CA's interview questions and odo alot alot of mock interviews. read some pharmacy literature too it will help.

Thank you sooo much, your answer is really perfect and helpful.

Hi , I was interviewed in early January. I thought the interview question was easy, you work in a team that is assigned to you. You guys discuss your topic and argue whether it is right or not. Then, you have 15 mins to write that up on a computer. Trust me, this is easy. don't sweat it. My question was about bicyclists. haha it was interesting.

I had a hard interview..i had 2 professors instead of 1 student and 1 faculty or something like that. So they rate you on paper and ask you questions. sometimes, they will ask you questions for sure that you should practice are : Why Pharmacy. Tell me about yourself. What is your strength and weakness. define public health . what is health disparity. I used Touro CA 's interview quetions to practice. I thought they were fairly similar. My interviewers were nice, but not very talkative, or one o them wasn't. I thought i did bad because i was the first to finish. I think i finished in 15 minutes. =x SO, my tip is to talk slow and be confident. They are going to rate you in front of your face, so don't be alarmed. Mine was closed file, but you should be ready if they ask you about your grades. One question that I struggeled was the whol "tell me about a time you had a stressful situation and how you overcame it" because the previous question was totally about pharmacy. so change of topic is gonna be fast.

Overall, the pharm students there are really nice and want to help you. you get free lunch and meet the faculty and students. mingle and ask as much questions as you can. i thought the faculty were extremely nice and the students were sincere.

Honestly, my tip is to study Touro CA's interview questions and odo alot alot of mock interviews. read some pharmacy literature too it will help.
Thank you sooo much, your answer is really perfect and helpful. Do you remember how long interview took? I mean what time you were done to go?

Last edited:
Max loan is 75k a year.

Hi onehot, was it a private loan from a bank?

Decisions will be send out next week. Reserve pool applicants will receive an email update of their current status ( either accepted or RP again). If you are on the RP please share your stats here so we could take an idea of how the process is going and how many RP applicants are starting to get off the lost every month.

Decisions will be send out next week. Reserve pool applicants will receive an email update of their current status ( either accepted or RP again). If you are on the RP please share your stats here so we could take an idea of how the process is going and how many RP applicants are starting to get off the lost every month.
Fall 2010 Semester
Microeco - A
Biology 1 - A
Anatomy 1 - A
Calculus - A
Speech - B+
Full time Job
Spring 2011 Semester
Biology 2 - A-
Anatomy 2 - A
Chemistry 1 - A
Full time Job
Summer 2011
Chemistry 2 - B+
Microbiology 1 - B+
Full time Job
Fall 2011 Semester
Biochemistry - W:(
Organic 1 - A
Physics 1 - A
Full time job
Spring 2012 Semester
Organic 2 - Pending
Biochem - Pending
Pharmacy Experience - 4 years
Bachelors degree - Graduated in 2007
Reserved pool - October 201:(
Still in reserved pool:(
PCAT - None but planning in July!
I thought interview was alright since I couldn't come up with a solid answer on "What was the most difficult decision you had to make in your life?"
Thanks and goodluck to all!!

Thank you sooo much, your answer is really perfect and helpful. Do you remember how long interview took? I mean what time you were done to go?

hi,
yes i remember getting there around 9..and it started at 10am. It lasted until 2pm. The problem is that I had my flight back to CA at 4pm. So be sure to time correctly, and maybe let the admins know so they will watch out the time for you. =) other than that, the admins, faculty and students are very sweet. it's a good campus. =)

Last edited:
Thanks Marscole!! I'm super excited but nervous for the inteview this week. Congrats on getting in!!!!! Hope to be in the same position by the 31st when I get the results!!

Thanks Marscole!! I'm super excited but nervous for the inteview this week. Congrats on getting in!!!!! Hope to be in the same position by the 31st when I get the results!!

You're welcome!!! Just be yourself and don't be nervous!!! Have fun after interview~~~

Hi everyone,

Check Touro University, CA. This is Touro College of Pharmacy in NY ;)

Hi RX2020,
your grades are really impressing. Touro College has just gotten state funds to help students conduct research. I did research for 3 years and have published some papers. If you did some research and volunteer with these grades, then i guess they have no reason to reject you. People with gpa lower than 3.0 are getting interviews to touro, so we know its not all academics that they're looking at. good luck.
Anybody else on the RP?

Hi RX2020,
your grades are really impressing. Touro College has just gotten state funds to help students conduct research. I did research for 3 years and have published some papers. If you did some research and volunteer with these grades, then i guess they have no reason to reject you. People with gpa lower than 3.0 are getting interviews to touro, so we know its not all academics that they're looking at. good luck.
Anybody else on the RP?

Totally agree!!!

I'm just curious as to why many people are applying to this pharmacy school. I'm from new york city and I don't see much positives about this school. First, it requires a bachelor degree while a lot of other pharmacy schools don't require it. Second, it's private and expensive and just got accredited recently. Maybe you guys see something I don't see ?

to all current students:

is anyone currently working as an intern pharmacist? if so, which site? how difficult is it to find a position as one? i'm really curious because i want to start working as a first year.

thank you all in advance :)

I'm just curious as to why many people are applying to this pharmacy school. I'm from new york city and I don't see much positives about this school. First, it requires a bachelor degree while a lot of other pharmacy schools don't require it. Second, it's private and expensive and just got accredited recently. Maybe you guys see something I don't see ?

I already have a bachelor's degree and I like the 2+2 program. Also, they don't require PCAT which I have yet to take!

Fall 2010 Semester
Microeco - A
Biology 1 - A
Anatomy 1 - A
Calculus - A
Speech - B+
Full time Job
Spring 2011 Semester
Biology 2 - A-
Anatomy 2 - A
Chemistry 1 - A
Full time Job
Summer 2011
Chemistry 2 - B+
Microbiology 1 - B+
Full time Job
Fall 2011 Semester
Biochemistry - W:(
Organic 1 - A
Physics 1 - A
Full time job
Spring 2012 Semester
Organic 2 - Pending
Biochem - Pending
Pharmacy Experience - 4 years
Bachelors degree - Graduated in 2007
Reserved pool - October 201:(
Still in reserved pool:(
PCAT - None but planning in July!
I thought interview was alright since I couldn't come up with a solid answer on "What was the most difficult decision you had to make in your life?"
Thanks and goodluck to all!!
wow, nice stats..i would think you would get into their program! interesting...but from what i heard..most people who are on RP, usually get pulled off towards the end. like >80% of the RP do get in! i think you have amazing stats! wowww ...

I think a lot of people like the idea of being in NYC which has some of the best hospitals in the country. I also think if you already have a bachelors and are applying to a program like this (4 years) most of them are very expensive? I didn't hear many negative opinions about the school when I interviewed and when I talked about the school to students at other programs....

I think a lot of people like the idea of being in NYC which has some of the best hospitals in the country. I also think if you already have a bachelors and are applying to a program like this (4 years) most of them are very expensive? I didn't hear many negative opinions about the school when I interviewed and when I talked about the school to students at other programs....

I agree and also being in NYC is a very unique experience. Much convenient!!!

wow, nice stats..i would think you would get into their program! interesting...but from what i heard..most people who are on RP, usually get pulled off towards the end. like >80% of the RP do get in! i think you have amazing stats! wowww ...

Can you share where you heard your information about the reserve pool?

I heard that too but not sure how true is that?

I already have a bachelor's degree and I like the 2+2 program. Also, they don't require PCAT which I have yet to take!

Well the 2+2 program is a nice thing but PCAT isn't something to worry about really....you have taken much harder classes to finish your degree than just a PCAT exam. I just didn't think a lot of people would have a degree already knowing that pharmacy schools mostly require just pre-requisites and therefore, nobody would bother finishing a degree. Any ways, best of luck to you !

Well the 2+2 program is a nice thing but PCAT isn't something to worry about really....you have taken much harder classes to finish your degree than just a PCAT exam. I just didn't think a lot of people would have a degree already knowing that pharmacy schools mostly require just pre-requisites and therefore, nobody would bother finishing a degree. Any ways, best of luck to you !

I agree and for this reason studying to take PCAT this year unless I get in before July.

I think some people, maybe like myself, finished their degree thinking they wanted to do something else and then turned to pharmacy. However, its definitely not a bad thing to have your bachelors completed I think.

Can you share where you heard your information about the reserve pool?
I just heard from some of the students that many were on RP and got pulled off after the interview stages. So possibly May..or APril. Also, lots of people will probably be interviewed at other schools so it seems logical if some ppl deny or don't go at the end. I've met this guy at my interview who applied 2 years ago at touro and got in but didn't go. he told me his story and how the candidates in his interview were RP , but they ended up getting in. Plus, if you look at the class 2015 class list, ppl were on RP were eventually pulled off. not saying all RP were pulled off, but i would say majority.

I think some people, maybe like myself, finished their degree thinking they wanted to do something else and then turned to pharmacy. However, its definitely not a bad thing to have your bachelors completed I think.

I actually think that finishing a degree can always serve as a back up. Maybe you would graduate as a pharmacist and hate your job for some other reason....then you can always go back to your degree and work with it until you decide what to do. And hey, the more degrees the better right ?

IS that really true? Does anyone know anything? We really have a decent chance or what?

I just heard from some of the students that many were on RP and got pulled off after the interview stages. So possibly May..or APril. Also, lots of people will probably be interviewed at other schools so it seems logical if some ppl deny or don't go at the end. I've met this guy at my interview who applied 2 years ago at touro and got in but didn't go. he told me his story and how the candidates in his interview were RP , but they ended up getting in. Plus, if you look at the class 2015 class list, ppl were on RP were eventually pulled off. not saying all RP were pulled off, but i would say majority.

ok thanks for that info. I have looked at the 2015 thread b4 and i did notice that. I guess i was just hoping I wouldn't have to wait that long. especially since some got transferred so wait list an didn't get accepted until july!

I would look at Interview questions from Touro CA on the interview feedback site, and look at some health reform news especially PUBLIC HEALTH. they are BIG on public health. if you can say some things about it, it will really attract them. i would also read and know their news/events on their site. you have to have a good reason why you want to be there (not just the 2+2) . good luck!