Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's the last day of the month. Did anyone received an email about acceptance or reserve pool status?

not yet..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm graduating this year. Planning on getting a pharmacist job in the city, and want to live in the city too but rent is still a killer so I'll probably be looking for a roommate around August.

Congrats on completing the program

Did you take the board exam and were you prepared for it by the school. what suggestions can you give to students who are starting as first years. I am sure your experiences were different but any advise would help

Again, congrats and goodluck with your job hunt:)

Members don't see this ad :)
So, if we're in the reserve pool, do we just wait till the end of each month to see if we get an email of acceptance?

So, if we're in the reserve pool, do we just wait till the end of each month to see if we get an email of acceptance?

From what I read from the past threads...yes. You get an update of your status in the reserve pool at the end of each month. I also read that they accept most of the students from the reserve pool at the end of the application cycle, so don't give up hope yet. I just hope I am one of those students :xf:

HI! To who ever created the facebook group, I just got accepted yesterday. Can you add me to the group please? I requested to join yesterday

HI! To who ever created the facebook group, I just got accepted yesterday. Can you add me to the group please? I requested to join yesterday

The admin will approve it. Be patient!!!

From what I read from the past threads...yes. You get an update of your status in the reserve pool at the end of each month. I also read that they accept most of the students from the reserve pool at the end of the application cycle, so don't give up hope yet. I just hope I am one of those students :xf:

Yeah, I hope so too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive background check email from certphi? I received one and I have paid a $15 processing fee and per the instructions provided, I will get to see the full report in 3-5 business days

Thanks

Got placed on reserve pool :(

Don't lose hope!

I was placed on reserve pool initially but was then taken off after 2 months. You should perhaps ask Hilda to see where does the class size stand at this point. Because the deadline to apply has been passed already. My assumption is that they are focusing on apps received already rather than dealing with new applicants

Also, don't forget people who get accepted also reject offers as well so you have room there.

Lastly, if God forbid, you get placed on the waiting list, you will have until the first day of class because people will still drop out

Goodluck:)

Yes.

You will receive an email from Hilda stating your current staus. I was in your situation and received two emails before I finally got the acceptance email

Don't lose hope if your interview went well and your stats are decent, you will get in:)

Hey - Not to discourage anyone but it is not necessarily true that everyone who gets placed in reserved pool gets accepted at the end of the month. I was not accepted until I submitted my in progress grades as I was initially placed on reserve pool.

However, if your grades are pending and they get submitted, then yes you have something that shows improvement on your app and gives them a solid reason to get back to you that particular month.

Also, it all depends what student files they get each month. However, since the deadline has been passed for admission, your stat from reserve to acceptance should be fast

Goodluck and I wish all on RP best of luck:)

still waiting....going insane:confused:. I know that received everything and are reviewing it....how long does that take???:idea:

Did anyone receive background check email from certphi? I received one and I have paid a $15 processing fee and per the instructions provided, I will get to see the full report in 3-5 business days

Thanks
yeah i got that email too, i did it as well. i called admissions the other day and they said that we should be getting a packet in the mail this month (for people who are accepted). and then it has all the immunization req'd and stuff. good luck!

I got accepted YAY! I can't wait to meet all of you is there a fb page? If any1 needs any info on how I got in and what my stat were like plz feel free to ask.

i realy want to go to the interview... i've already rescheuled for march 13 but I think I will be declining the interview ... I have a strong feel for acceptance to this school but NY is too far for my family's preference... GOOD LUCK to everyone else!

I got accepted YAY! I can't wait to meet all of you is there a fb page? If any1 needs any info on how I got in and what my stat were like plz feel free to ask.

what are your stats?

My overall GPA was 3.45 and science GPA 3.3 majored in Bio

Hi, I submitted my supplemental app in the end of the February. Is any one know that when do Touro call for interview after submitting supp app? and what is the interview process? I have overall GPA 3.66 and science GPA 3.57, with 3 years of pharm tech experience, volunteer work and some extracurricular activities, with BS in pharmacy (Bpharm). What are the chances?

Hi, I submitted my supplemental app in the end of the February. Is any one know that when do Touro call for interview after submitting supp app? and what is the interview process? I have overall GPA 3.66 and science GPA 3.57, with 3 years of pharm tech experience, volunteer work and some extracurricular activities, with BS in pharmacy (Bpharm). What are the chances?

pretty decent stats if you ask me, though it is late when you applied, I don't know how many seats are left.

Hi there,

so Touro is not fully accredited yet, I heard they will be when their first class of 2013 graduates. I don't really know how to measure the certainty of that considering that these programs go through regular evaluations by the ACPE. Which means in 2013, Touro will be evaluated to be considered for full accreditation, I'm I correct in making this statement? What I'm not keen on is the reality of it, I mean, are we expecting that it will most likely gain full accreditation by 2013? I really REALLY want to go to this school.
Another issue: when you take the license examination, you must've graduated from a fully accredited college, otherwise they won't let you take it, correct?

Hi there,

so Touro is not fully accredited yet, I heard they will be when their first class of 2013 graduates. I don't really know how to measure the certainty of that considering that these programs go through regular evaluations by the ACPE. Which means in 2013, Touro will be evaluated to be considered for full accreditation, I'm I correct in making this statement? What I'm not keen on is the reality of it, I mean, are we expecting that it will most likely gain full accreditation by 2013? I really REALLY want to go to this school.
Another issue: when you take the license examination, you must've graduated from a fully accredited college, otherwise they won't let you take it, correct?

They will be accredited when their 2012 class enters...i dont know who told u that....even if something is pending which probably isnt u still can sit in on the naplex - as a candidate status

Hi there,

Check the school's academic calendar:
http://www1.touro.edu/pharmacy/?page_id=182
ACPE on-site visit will be held on March 20-22, 2012

Check the statement posted by ACPE website:
https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/spring2012_programsupforreview.pdf

"...Professional Programs of Colleges and Schools of Pharmacy Scheduled for On-Site Evaluations, Academic Year 2011-2012 The programs of the colleges and schools of pharmacy listed below are to be considered for accreditation during the coming academic year..."

Spring 2012 #20 Touro New York College of Pharmacy

Check the school's academic calendar again:
May 17, 2012 GRADUATION! Class of 2012

So, I think you should update the year!!! 2012

Btw, Good luck in your applications!!! ;)

It took them like 2 months to tell me I had an interview. I submitted my supp at the end of november and got an interview invite around beginning of January for February interviews. You should read other thread posts about the interview, but essentially its a group interactive part, writing part, and faculty interview. It was all right, nothing too stressful, but it really depends on your interviewers and how they "rate" your answers.

Check the school's academic calendar:
http://www1.touro.edu/pharmacy/?page_id=182
ACPE on-site visit will be held on March 20-22, 2012

Check the statement posted by ACPE website:
https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/spring2012_programsupforreview.pdf

"...Professional Programs of Colleges and Schools of Pharmacy Scheduled for On-Site Evaluations, Academic Year 2011-2012 The programs of the colleges and schools of pharmacy listed below are to be considered for accreditation during the coming academic year..."

Spring 2012 #20 Touro New York College of Pharmacy

Check the school's academic calendar again:
May 17, 2012 GRADUATION! Class of 2012

So, I think you should update the year!!! 2012

Btw, Good luck in your applications!!! ;)

thanks so much for the info.

I sent my supplementary application right before March1st. I know its kinda late but they haven't emailed me yet. I never received an email when they got my pharmcas app in January either. How are they in emailing ? I am kind of concerned. I emailed again and asked few days ago and still no answer. I call and no one picks up and goes to answering machine and it says its full! I am so frustrated! Can someone say what is going on with not emailing and no phone pick ups? how long do you think they will answer after receiving my supplementary?

I sent my supplementary application right before March1st. I know its kinda late but they haven't emailed me yet. I never received an email when they got my pharmcas app in January either. How are they in emailing ? I am kind of concerned. I emailed again and asked few days ago and still no answer. I call and no one picks up and goes to answering machine and it says its full! I am so frustrated! Can someone say what is going on with not emailing and no phone pick ups? how long do you think they will answer after receiving my supplementary?

Don't worry as long as you submitted everything on time you will hear back even if its just that they received your pharmcas app. Because March 1st was the deadline the school is probably sorting through all last minute applications. Last year i called and emailed around this time to inquire about the school and experienced the same thing (mailbox full). I don't think they answer the phones after March 1st so i wouldn't bother calling. I would wait until the end of the month and if you haven't got anything that says they received your app i would call pharmcas.

I emailed touro last week, for a different reason thou, and haven't heard back. I don't think i will until the end of the month at least because that's when they send out emails for interviews and acceptance.

I am on reserve pool from last novmber!:( They just cashed in my application fee on march/13. dont know why they cash in that check really slow~~~:confused:

i have an interview scheduled for march 27. anyone from ca have an interview close to that date?

Didn't have this question but there was questions about public health......

hopefully a good news come to you next week. I was placed on Reserved Pool and not sure if I will make it for class of 2016 but GOODLUCK!!!!

Please explain to me about the question for public health...
thanks alot!
Best of luck to you!!!

I don't think so.. Or they aren't on SDN. I was wondering how many people are currently on the reserve pool right now?

I remember e-mailing Hilda the same exact question..but no answer. Oh and looking at the
Fb page for 2016.. there are at least 40 people planning on attending (kind of worried).
Why can't March 31 come by quicker? :mad:

I remember e-mailing Hilda the same exact question..but no answer. Oh and looking at the
Fb page for 2016.. there are at least 40 people planning on attending (kind of worried).

When did you email her? ...i don't know if she will answer that question becuz i don't think she can tell use that info. i'm kinda worried too:mad: which is why i've been MIA on sdn and not looking to see how many members are on 2016 fb page...i was psyching myself out doing that.

i think there are a lot of ppl on reserve becuz they only make a few offers a month and everyone else gets put on reserve. Just hope ur ranked high on that list.:xf:

When did you email her? ...i don't know if she will answer that question becuz i don't think she can tell use that info. i'm kinda worried too:mad: which is why i've been MIA on sdn and not looking to see how many members are on 2016 fb page...i was psyching myself out doing that.

i think there are a lot of ppl on reserve becuz they only make a few offers a month and everyone else gets put on reserve. Just hope ur ranked high on that list.:xf:

The administrative people are preparing packets for financial aids, orientation, immunizations... etc. So, when they mail out certain x amount of packets, and they will receive y amount of responds. There's some probabilities that people didn't respond to the packets and the amount of seats left behind is z = (x - y) + a.

So, the school's tradition is, normally most Fridays are off. And, ACPE site visit is next week. I presume they are pretty busy right now.

For those who are in reserve pool, don't lose any hope!!! Keep calling or emailing them since what I heard from some students' testimonies from Touro, some people even got accepted in June. And other said that even before the school starts. So, never ever lose hope.

I e-mailed her on march 1st, the day I got that dreaded e-mail..and my interview group was pretty large and I think I saw only two people from my group get accepted on FB. I thought my interview went really well..even though I was the first one out. Hopefully I am ranked high on the list too :)

Please explain to me about the question for public health...
thanks alot!
Best of luck to you!!!

How do you define public health? Also, when you are sort of presenting in front of the dean (Introductory speech) and other fellow interviewees, you should mention one of the reasons for attending touro is because of school's focus on public health and health disparities not just 2+2 program
Goodluck:)

Goodluck Pharmboy - I am confident you will get in:)

the administrative people are preparing packets for financial aids, orientation, immunizations... Etc. So, when they mail out certain x amount of packets, and they will receive y amount of responds. There's some probabilities that people didn't respond to the packets and the amount of seats left behind is z = (x - y) + a.

So, the school's tradition is, normally most fridays are off. And, acpe site visit is next week. I presume they are pretty busy right now.

For those who are in reserve pool, don't lose any hope!!! Keep calling or emailing

i would recommend emailing once towards the end of the month:)

them since what i heard from some students' testimonies from touro, some people even got accepted in june. And other said that even before the school starts. So, never ever lose hope.

goodluck to all:)

I e-mailed her on march 1st, the day I got that dreaded e-mail..and my interview group was pretty large and I think I saw only two people from my group get accepted on FB. I thought my interview went really well..even though I was the first one out. Hopefully I am ranked high on the list too :)

How many people you had in your group if you dont mind sharing:)

How many people you had in your group if you dont mind sharing:)

Thanks...around 11. I can't remember the exact number. My interview was in the afternoon and there was also interviews in the morning that day.

Don't worry as long as you submitted everything on time you will hear back even if its just that they received your pharmcas app. Because March 1st was the deadline the school is probably sorting through all last minute applications. Last year i called and emailed around this time to inquire about the school and experienced the same thing (mailbox full). I don't think they answer the phones after March 1st so i wouldn't bother calling. I would wait until the end of the month and if you haven't got anything that says they received your app i would call pharmcas.

I emailed touro last week, for a different reason thou, and haven't heard back. I don't think i will until the end of the month at least because that's when they send out emails for interviews and acceptance.

Thank you! I was really freaking out! I actually heard back today saying they got my supplementary application and I have to watch for their update on my "under Review" process in Pharmacas and expect something in next 2 or 3 weeks after this email!
So can someone tell me how long they will take really? 3 weeks? and how would they let me know if I get invited for an interview? through Pharmcas? or by email?