Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For some, this is the 6th and final week since the interview and should be hearing back soon with a decision....good luck everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What's everyone going to do this they get in? Me - possibly a glass of wine or a nice steak dinner!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone received the secondary lately? Been waiting for over a month now...

What is r MCAT? Last year they told me the automatic computer rejection was 24, I also have low MCAT but received an II
My MCAT is a 24 as well...P10V6B8...I took it twice so my best on each section (which I doubt they look at) is P10V6B10. GPA 3.6
You recieved a II with similar stats?

They told me that they have a ranking based on MCAT and of course I'm at the bottom of the pile...

Thanks for the response!

Last edited:
accepted by email just a second ago!
interviewed 10/28, cgpa 3.5, sgpa 3.2, 33 mcat

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Reactions: 3 users
People who recently received IIs, when did you complete your secondary? I finished mine like 10/18 wondering if they already passed me over.

Just accepted via email! Interviewed 11/11/15, LizzyM 61.

So humble and grateful for the opportunity to attend this school, I truly enjoyed my interview day and thought that the school had a lot to offer. :) The interview group I was with was certainly my favorite out of all the interview groups I attended. However, I will be declining my acceptance here for a school closer to home. Best of luck to all those still applying and congratulations for those accepted!

So humble and grateful for the opportunity to attend this school, I truly enjoyed my interview day and thought that the school had a lot to offer. :) The interview group I was with was certainly my favorite out of all the interview groups I attended. However, I will be declining my acceptance here for a school closer to home. Best of luck to all those still applying and congratulations for those accepted!
Congratulations! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations and thank you for giving up your spot so someone else gets a chance!

I have heard that this school gives out "provisional acceptances" where your acceptance can be revoked if they "find someone better" so to speak. Is this true?

I have heard that this school gives out "provisional acceptances" where your acceptance can be revoked if they "find someone better" so to speak. Is this true?

This can't be true...

I called the admissions office today and they said that decisions have been made but they are moving a bit slowly due to the holiday. Hopefully emails will continue to trickle out over the next few days.

I interviewed at the end of October. She did not give any specifics about when to expect to hear back but decisions have been made so I assume it is just a matter of them getting the emails put together and sent out. I am working really hard to not go crazy

That would be an absolute disaster....

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely false. They even say that if you pay in your $2000 deposit within 2 weeks after your acceptance notification, you are guaranteed a seat for the upcoming class.

What you may be thinking about is Touro's M.S. program not its D.O. program.

Interviewed first day and recently accepted via email!

Have any accepted students tried to login to the Portal and pay their deposit? When I click "First Time User" and enter the Student ID they gave us, it says that my account is not found

What to do to not go crazy for the next hour while I obsessively check my email.....

This can't be true...

That would be an absolute disaster....

Absolutely false. They even say that if you pay in your $2000 deposit within 2 weeks after your acceptance notification, you are guaranteed a seat for the upcoming class.

What you may be thinking about is Touro's M.S. program not its D.O. program.

Yea, I was doubting that this could be true as that would be ridiculous. The source I got it from is usually pretty credible, which is why I was at a loss and figured you guys might know something about it.

I heard that jet fuel can't melt steel beams so idk

Hopping on the acceptance train! Excited to meet you all next year

Accepted! Got the e-mail around 7pm this evening.

I assume there isn't a FB group yet?

Interview invite on Monday. Their available dates are pretty scattered, but I'll be interviewing 12/14!
3 DO interviews in one week... here we go!

Any medical students elaborate on the life as a medical student in Harlem??