Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyway to buy school apparel/spirit stuff before summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at 3-14 and hope they will favor me...Any others there at the same time?

Reactions: 1 user
I was looking at TouroCom's academic calendar and there's only 1 month of summer???? Students end in June and start school again in July. Other medical schools seem to start in September and end in June giving them almost 3 months of summer....

TouroCom's Academic Calendar: https://tourocom.touro.edu/academics/academic-calendar/
It's a jewish school and they follow all the jewish holidays. You have less summer but a lot of days off during the school year because of all the holidays. You can take a look on the website at all the holidays. There is a ton of them throughout the year especially fall.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was looking at TouroCom's academic calendar and there's only 1 month of summer???? Students end in June and start school again in July. Other medical schools seem to start in September and end in June giving them almost 3 months of summer....

TouroCom's Academic Calendar: https://tourocom.touro.edu/academics/academic-calendar/

Looks like last day of finals is May 27 and if first day of classes is July 26 then isn't that two months???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I didn't get one either...
If you follow the link that was provided and request to join the student admins of the group will approve you to join. I am not sure an email was ever sent out about the FB group

If you follow the link that was provided and request to join the student admins of the group will approve you to join. I am not sure an email was ever sent out about the FB group
Where can I find the link that you mentioned?

Members don't see this ad :)
so Im filling out the health forms now ( accepted last Friday!!) and I only see 3 forms ? Am I missing something, I saw someone post that there were like 15 forms ?

Yea I only saw the 3 healthforms in the 1 pdf file.

Registration start date is June 1st for first years

I interviewed 2/17 I believe and was accepted

So anxious..Hope they have enough positions for people in March or later..

Got an interview invite here out of the blue. Turned it down as I've already placed me deposit, arranged housing etc. to another school. But man I would love to live in Harlem. Anyways interviews are still going out

Got an interview invite here out of the blue. Turned it down as I've already placed me deposit, arranged housing etc. to another school. But man I would love to live in Harlem. Anyways interviews are still going out

If you applied then I doubt it was out of the blue!

Has anyone received a rejection after an interview? I interviewed a little more than two months ago and haven't heard anything- is anyone in the same boat?

Does anyone know what address we send transcripts to for matriculation

Does anyone know what address we send transcripts to for matriculation

They told me to send them to the campus you are going to. So for Harlem:

230 West 125th Street
New York, NY 10027

I would have the registrar put: Attention admissions department (or something like that)

Anyone who interviewed on 3/7 hear back yet? Anxiously awaiting a decision. I have put my deposit down elsewhere, but being from NY, and loving the interview day, this is #1 choice and worth losing my deposit.

Anyone who interviewed on 3/7 hear back yet? Anxiously awaiting a decision. I have put my deposit down elsewhere, but being from NY, and loving the interview day, this is #1 choice and worth losing my deposit.

I interviewed on 3/7 and just got accepted this morning :) Fingers crossed for you!

Interviewed 3/16, rejected this morning. They must really not have liked me LOL

Why they make decisions at Thursday? Not as usual as Fridays.

Interviewed the 14th. Got chopped this morning.

They told me to send them to the campus you are going to. So for Harlem:

230 West 125th Street
New York, NY 10027

I would have the registrar put: Attention admissions department (or something like that)

I never we had to send transcripts anywhere ?

Interviewed 3/16, rejected this morning. They must really not have liked me LOL
Did you climb the table and started jumping around during the interview ? Lol. (Just joking). Usually they would at least put you on the alternate list but not reject you like that.

Did you climb the table and started jumping around during the interview ? Lol. (Just joking). Usually they would at least put you on the alternate list but not reject you like that.

I didn't even do that! Ha. I had pretty much already decided on another school and didn't have my head in the game, which I think was the problem. Also in the interview they kind of grilled me about why I wasn't doing a Masters first since I only have the bare minimum science classes. I basically said I'd already been accepted and wasn't going to shell out 50K for an extra year of school. Maybe not the best answer? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't even do that! Ha. I had pretty much already decided on another school and didn't have my head in the game, which I think was the problem. Also in the interview they kind of grilled me about why I wasn't doing a Masters first since I only have the bare minimum science classes. I basically said I'd already been accepted and wasn't going to shell out 50K for an extra year of school. Maybe not the best answer? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah probably not the best answer... Good thing you have another school to fall back on though. That's all that matters.

Interviewed 3/9, and accepted yesterday morning. I'm Canadian - are any other Canadians presently planning on starting in Fall 2016? Im deciding between TouroCOM and UNECOM, so now comes the time to figure things out. Anyone have any input between UNECOM and touro?? Would greatly appreciate it!

Hope I can get some good news these two days, at least put me on waiting list:(. Interviewed 3/14. They are really friendly. Just the casual-chatting style. I was talking and talking for pretty long, although not preparing that much. Doesn't know whether this is a good sign or the opposite..

Good luck for other anxious guys! Looking forward to seeing you, everyone, soon.

Hope I can get some good news these two days, at least put me on waiting list:(. Interviewed 3/14. They are really friendly. Just the casual-chatting style. I was talking and talking for pretty long, although not preparing that much. Doesn't know whether this is a good sign or the opposite..

Good luck for other anxious guys! Looking forward to seeing you, everyone, soon.
Wait at least 4 weeks before starting to stress out. 03/14 was only 10 days ago...

Interviewed 3/9, and accepted yesterday morning. I'm Canadian - are any other Canadians presently planning on starting in Fall 2016? Im deciding between TouroCOM and UNECOM, so now comes the time to figure things out. Anyone have any input between UNECOM and touro?? Would greatly appreciate it!

Both are very good, but they have very different things about them. One of the big ones being the location of course. Touro is obviously much more urban! I also do not think UNE does the flipped curriculum either--which is something to consider. Rotation quality is similar I am sure, though touro has a focus on more underserved areas. Congrats on the acceptance!