Touro COM - New York, Middletown Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Middletown) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think our stats for this years class range around an MCAT of 30, and a GPA of 3.5+, but thier is pretty great variability, especially in the MCAT's. You select which campus you prefer. If you do one thing before you interview, make sure you read thier mission statement, and research on thier learning style (flipped classroom).
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just wondering how the interview was like for Middletown? What were some of the questions the interviewers asked?

There isn't a website where we can check the status of our application for touro NY, correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Touro send out complete emails?

For Middletown regarding the interview format, is it 2 separate interviews with each science faculty member or 1 interview with both?

Just got an interview invite to Middletown

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Same here

And no they do not send complete emails

Last edited:
Just got an II. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer to Harlem pre/post acceptance? I chose more middletown but either. After some more reading and thinking I like the Harlem campus much better for location.

Should I just call them tomorrow morning before emailing them a preferred interview date?

II-Middletown just now. Already accepted at Western U (CA resident) and I lack a lot of knowledge about Middletown other than it being a new campus. -_- And I'm poor

Congrats all with II! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondaries?

Received a II today. Anyone know why there are only 3 interview dates to choose from that are less than 3 weeks from now? Will there be more? I'm coming from Cali so it's too expensive & soon to get a cheap flight plus getting time off of work

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a II today. Anyone know why there are only 3 interview dates to choose from that are less than 3 weeks from now? Will there be more? I'm coming from Cali so it's too expensive & soon to get a cheap flight plus getting time off of work
When did you submit your secondary and/or when were you complete?
This seems like a legitimate question that you'd have more luck calling admissions.

From Cali also and the cheapest possible tickets were about $500 from Burbank and LAX. Delaying beyond the 16th is a terrible idea because of Thanksgiving travel increases unless money isn't an issue for you (> $900 for a ticket). It really sucks.

When did you submit your secondary and/or when were you complete?
This seems like a legitimate question that you'd have more luck calling admissions.
I submitted my secondary on 9/20. I may try calling admissions to ask

From Cali also and the cheapest possible tickets were about $500 from Burbank and LAX. Delaying beyond the 16th is a terrible idea because of Thanksgiving travel increases unless money isn't an issue for you (> $900 for a ticket). It really sucks.
Ohhh noooo I didn't think of that, the tickets will probably just get more and more expensive. Are you going to fly into NYC and drive there then?

I submitted my secondary 10/12. I'm surprised the turnaround time was only 2 weeks

I submitted my secondary on 9/20. I may try calling admissions to ask

Ohhh noooo I didn't think of that, the tickets will probably just get more and more expensive. Are you going to fly into NYC and drive there then?

I'm living in Los Angeles on $2400 a month (married), so gotta withdraw lol

I'm coming from Cali as well, and I requested the 16th of November. Tickets out of Ontario that weekend are ~$400 which isn't bad.

I called admissions today and there will be dates in December too if we aren't able to make the Nov dates. They are just trying to fill up November first

I'm coming from Cali as well, and I requested the 16th of November. Tickets out of Ontario that weekend are ~$400 which isn't bad.
$400 round trip? I'm getting price range of 700$. which airline are you looking at?

Im from cali as well

When applying for residencies, does it matter if we attend Middletown instead of Harlem? Do Harlem kids get better residencies?

II this morning! Hopefully attending 11/9.

Has anybody received an email back confirming their interview date request? I emailed them Tuesday with my preferred date and haven't heard back yet.

Has anybody received an email back confirming their interview date request? I emailed them Tuesday with my preferred date and haven't heard back yet.
I did. I got an II yesterday and emailed about 2 hours later with my preferred date. I got confirmation a few hours later yesterday afternoon.

I emailed them last Tuesday and I STILL haven't heard back. I've tried calling many times since Friday but to no avail. Hopefully I hear back tomorrow.

Just got II. Submitted on 09/26

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on Monday and loved the school. I got mixed responses when I asked when we should expect to hear back, one person said two weeks one person said a month or a month and a half. If any current students could give us an idea of what it was like for them I'd appreciate it!

I interviewed on Monday and loved the school. I got mixed responses when I asked when we should expect to hear back, one person said two weeks one person said a month or a month and a half. If any current students could give us an idea of what it was like for them I'd appreciate it!

The thread from last year makes it seem like the first batch of acceptances went out 2 weeks + a day after the first interview date. So for those of us that interviewed on 10/26, it may be possible that we hear next Tuesday (omg!!).

People getting accepted already and all I want is an II :(. I submitted 10/15, hoping to hear back soon...

People getting accepted already and all I want is an II :(. I submitted 10/15, hoping to hear back soon...
Haha I don't think anyone has gotten accepted yet, their first interview date was apparently last week. But good luck!

Is anyone worried about Middletown's reputation because it's a new school? Or do you think residencies will see it in a similar league as Touro Harlem (which is pretty good)?

Is anyone worried about Middletown's reputation because it's a new school? Or do you think residencies will see it in a similar league as Touro Harlem (which is pretty good)?
Just do well on your board exams.

Reactions: 1 users
During my interview day someone asked the dean if he thinks the match rate will be similar to Harlem's and he said yeah he thinks it'll be pretty much the same since a lot of the faculty are former faculty from Harlem and the teaching style and everything is pretty much identical to the Harlem campus.

And this:
Just do well on your board exams.

Can I ask any current students how do you like the lecture style? From what I see online you watch prerecorded lectures first and then spend lecture time doing discussions and questions. I am worried that if you didn't have time to do the lecture first then class time would be a waste because you would have no clue what was going on and your time would be better spent studying the material. Maybe I am someone who learns best by having it taught to me? Does the Harlem campus have this same format? What about the other Touros? Thanks in advance!

I read a few post back that Touro does not send complete emails. I just wanted to confirm this with everyone who has received a II recently.
I submitted my secondary on Oct 6 and received a email that said "(w)hen all of your documents are received and your application is complete you will be notified. . ."

To date, I have not received this email and it has been over a month. Any insight would be appreciated :)

@ste_0 I haven't received a complete e-mail and I submitted ~9/20. I've contacted them twice via e-mail (once asking another question and about the 'complete' status, and another e-mail just about complete status) and I haven't received a response.

That's awesome! I'm excited to interview there in roughly a week and a half. Care to share any tips or what to expect of interview day?

Can anyone who's interviewed the past weeks shed light on what all happens during the day? When does the interview day end?

That's awesome! I'm excited to interview there in roughly a week and a half. Care to share any tips or what to expect of interview day?

Can anyone who's interviewed the past weeks shed light on what all happens during the day? When does the interview day end?

The interview is 2 on 1, it's pretty laid back but there may be some "good cop" "bad cop" going on so expect that. Interview day is like any other, there are presentations, tours etc. Not much to really say about it honestly you're better off just experiencing it on your own!