Touro COM - New York, Middletown Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Middletown) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II-Middletown just now. Already accepted at Western U (CA resident) and I lack a lot of knowledge about Middletown other than it being a new campus. -_- And I'm poor

Go to Western, you're going to freeze your ass off. Some additional info gathered from interview day:
- the dean and administration were very nice, basically selling the school the whole time it seemed (almost to the point of being desperate for students to come)
-at the same time, the dean and faculty were all extremely nice and pleasant people who clearly loved their jobs and seemed to have the support of the students. I was told the best faculty from Harlem left when Middletown opened
-interviews are conducted in a first or second year faculty member's office by (1-2 professors). They are extremely informal; there was not even a desk in between us, just three chairs in a circle, making the entire interaction very relaxing.
-after interviews they even served catered lunch... Havent heard of this elsewhere.
-their anatomy and patient simulation technologies are top class including 3D virtual dissection and plasticized bodies in addition to cadavers
-the local town seemed more interesting online, but it is actually fairly run down with decently high poverty rates. That being said, it is in a very beautiful region with plenty of available outdoor activities
-students have year long memberships to the local YMCA (<5 minute drive)
-$20 round trip bus ride to NYC (~1.5hrs each way)
-on campus dorms reminded me of freshman housing (mealplan required) $700-750/month

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have a sense of whether the post-interview acceptance rate this year will be much lower than last year's? Did they have spots reserved for the Masters students like they do this year? Hoping the acceptance rate is still higher than average.

Anyone have a sense of whether the post-interview acceptance rate this year will be much lower than last year's? Did they have spots reserved for the Masters students like they do this year? Hoping the acceptance rate is still higher than average.

Well, they'll definitely will have seats reserved for the Masters students, so there's actually around a 100 seats available not 135.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like the 10/26 and 11/2 interviewees both heard back on 11/11.

Guess the 11/9 ones will have to wait until 11/25 :(

Just got waitlisted. Anyone know how much it moves?

Secondary submitted - Oct 15th
Interview - Nov 9th
Accepted - today!! :)

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary submitted: 9/30,
Interview invite: 11/3,
Interview: 11/9

also accepted today!

Accepted just now as well!!!!

Submitted secondary 10/8, interviewed 11/9.

Anyone interviewing this Monday?

Anyone brave enough to start a Facebook page or share admin duties? :help:. I want to, but I am in class all day during the week so I would only be able to update it at the most maybe every other weekend.

Last edited:
Anyone brave enough to start a Facebook page or share admin duties? :help:. I want to, but I am in class all day during the week so I would only be able to update it at the most maybe every other weekend.

I think we should get some help from the accepted students of prior years. I think info about housing, facilities, places to eat, etc. would be extremely beneficial.

I think we should get some help from the accepted students of prior years. I think info about housing, facilities, places to eat, etc. would be extremely beneficial.

I agree. It most definitely would. I'll try and ask my friend, but this individual may be busy with preparing for Step 1's ( :nailbiting: <-- Couldn't find the right emoticon, but I figured this is close to enough.). PM me and we can start the group page at least and add admins as we go along.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was just wondering how filled is class roughly at this stage? Like 50% filled? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people do they invite per interview session?

I called them and they said that they had just started accepting people. So I'm guessing probably much less than half.

Do you need a vehicle to get around at Middletown NY for M1 and M2?

Interviewed 11/16. Accepted today!
29 MCAT
3.4 cGPA undergrad
3.3 sGPA undergrad
3.3 cGPA post-bac

Accepted today! Submitted in mid September, Interviewed 11/23.

Anyone who was accepted having trouble accessing QuikPAY and the TouroShop?

Is there a facebook page for Middletown touro?

Just respectfully declined my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!

Are the seats almost all filled?

According to previous answers it was roughly 50% filled a little more than a week ago. So probably 65-70% currently? Not sure.

anyone know how to access quikpay? I cant find it

II 2 days ago. Interview on Dec 7. See you guys there. Good luck to us all. :)

According to previous answers it was roughly 50% filled a little more than a week ago. So probably 65-70% currently? Not sure.
Are the seats almost all filled?

They only started interviewing at the end of October. There is no way the class is 50% full

They only started interviewing at the end of October. There is no way the class is 50% full
Even better then! I'm still waiting for II, but I submitted secondary very late (just a few days ago). Not sure if it's not too late. hopefully there is still a chance.

anyone know how to access quikpay? I cant find it

The link in the acceptance email should take you right there. It did for me, otherwise through the "Mytouro" link on the Touro webpage and then on the right click "Payment Center" and the rest will make sense.

I am having a tough decision deciding between this school and CUSOM ..

Have you decided?
I have a couple of more days to decide :X ... For current students do you guys know how rotations will work at Middletown? Will the rotational sites just be at Orange County Medical?

When were you complete and stats?
That is a fast interview date from II.
Could you please share how much time passed (roughly) between sending in secondaries and IIs that you've got? Thank you.

Could you please share how much time passed (roughly) between sending in secondaries and IIs that you've got? Thank you.
I don't think TouroNY sends out complete emails. My notes tells me it's about a 4-6 week wait after submitting your secondary.
I submitted mine 10/23. No II from here.

I submitted my secondary on Oct 01. NO complete email.
II on Dec 02.
Confirmation on Dec 03.
Interview on Dec 07.
3.69 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA, MCAT 27
When were you complete and stats?
That is a fast interview date from II.

Last edited:
ACCEPTED 30 mins ago. Yay. See you all there, class of 2020. :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Does anyone know much about how the waitlist at Middletown works? I was waitlisted post-interview a few weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone could shine some light on if Touro is pretty active with waitlist movement or not until April/May/June?