Touro COM - New York, Middletown Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Middletown) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the date of orientation?

Members don't see this ad.

Too early to ask if there's been any waitlist movement yet?

anyone know when the white coat ceremony is for the incoming class?
I think they said the day of orientation.
I think they said they were moving the white coat ceremony to be earlier this year, like right at the end of parents' weekend, to get it out of the way so we would dive right into classes after. (I think classes start July 27th?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Interviewed 2/8

Reactions: 3 users
Hey there everyone, I had an interview at Touro Middletown on 2/1, heard a few days later that, while they were unable to offer me a spot in the class, I was offered "acceptance into the Touro College Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies in Biological and Physical Sciences Program at Middletown, NY for Fall 2016." I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who had similar results from the interview and if there was anyone who had any advice regarding this choice. I loved my time interviewing in Middletown and would love to go to Touro later on. One of the most attractive things I am finding is that Touro offers conditional acceptance to the DO program if you maintain a 3.5/4.0 GPA and will enter the next year to repeat most of the same classes.

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding!

The adcom mentioned something about offering two seats to MS students because two OMS1 dropped out of the program last year.

The adcom mentioned something about offering two seats to MS students because two OMS1 dropped out of the program last year.

I remember reading something similar to this on sdn. The MS students take their classes side by side with the OSM students, and there have been instances when within the few months of classes, MS students were pulled into the OSM class after a couple OSM students dropped out. It looks like the OSM1 and MS students are grouped together in terms of the academic schedule too (https://tourocom.touro.edu/academics/academic-calendar/) so it seems like it'd be an easy/comfortable transition :)

@pullhard I would take the offer if you're set on going to Touro/haven't heard back from anywhere else. The MS program is a pipeline into their DO program (at least, according to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/tourocom-masters-program.517554/) so as long as you maintain your gpa next year, then you should be set the year after :nod:

Last edited:
Hey there everyone, I had an interview at Touro Middletown on 2/1, heard a few days later that, while they were unable to offer me a spot in the class, I was offered "acceptance into the Touro College Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies in Biological and Physical Sciences Program at Middletown, NY for Fall 2016." I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who had similar results from the interview and if there was anyone who had any advice regarding this choice. I loved my time interviewing in Middletown and would love to go to Touro later on. One of the most attractive things I am finding is that Touro offers conditional acceptance to the DO program if you maintain a 3.5/4.0 GPA and will enter the next year to repeat most of the same classes.

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding!

The exact thing happened to me and though it wasn't the ideal outcome I was expecting, it was still good news. I don't mind going through the MS program and I know it'll be hard to maintain a 3.5/4, but it's still pretty doable. On the off chance you don't, you still get your MS as long as you maintain at least a 3.0 and you can apply the next cycle with better chances of getting accepted. I myself accepted the offer, do let me know if you did as well since it would be nice to know people in the same boat as I am. Thanks

Is there a background check for accepted students? I didn't see any info in the accepted e-mail.

Interview invite today! Do you guys think I should book the march 7th date? I am waiting on a response from Western in California (I am from Cali). I interviewed there last week.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my secondary early January and haven't heard anything. I'm not even sure if my app is complete. I've sent 3 emails and have gotten no responses and every time I call the admissions office I get the voicemail that doesn't seem to checked. Super frustrating considering the secondary cost 200 dollars. How long did it take you guys to hear back?

Submitted my secondary early January and haven't heard anything. I'm not even sure if my app is complete. I've sent 3 emails and have gotten no responses and every time I call the admissions office I get the voicemail that doesn't seem to checked. Super frustrating considering the secondary cost 200 dollars. How long did it take you guys to hear back?

it took a little over 2 months from when I submitted my secondary to when I got an II (it wasn't until I sent in a grade update in January that they told me they never got my committee packet so I had to resend it)

it took a little over 2 months from when I submitted my secondary to when I got an II (it wasn't until I sent in a grade update in January that they told me they never got my committee packet so I had to resend it)
Thanks for the response, was there any one in particular in the admissions dept that you could recommend I talk to? Thanks

I didn't hear back either so I called on Friday and left Frank in admissions a voicemail about the status of my application. Monday morning he emailed me saying he would look at it and an hour later I received the interview invite from admissions.

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? Or how late into the spring the interviews go?

Reactions: 1 user
II just now! Complete at the end of January!

I was completed at the end of January too. What are your stats if you don't mind

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

cGPA 3.05 | sGPA 3.44 | MCAT 504
Psych major, non-trad, 200+ hours shadowing

Whoops thought u replied to me. Those are mine nontheless lol

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? Or how late into the spring the interviews go?
Yes. Frank Rose emailed me today saying they are roughly 2/3 full. They said they won't be done for another month or two

I was completed at the end of January too. What are your stats if you don't mind

cGPA 3.05 | sGPA 3.44 | MCAT 504
Psych major, non-trad, 200+ hours shadowing

Whoops thought u replied to me. Those are mine nontheless lol

lol, my stats are more or less the same for mcat, cGPA higher, sGPA lower but i have a 3.5 masters gpa at a new program at UAB

If you have to contact the admission office, contact frank. He was nice and replied quick, got me set up for an interview too!

Hey guys, I have an interview at Middletown on the 14th. I'm planning to rent a car and drive from LaGuardia to Middletown, but I'm wondering how difficult it is to drive in NYC. The largest city I've driven in is Atlanta. How bad is driving there?

Who else is interviewing tomorrow on 3/7?I'm really excited. It's the last school that offered me an interview so far....keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have an interview at Middletown on the 14th. I'm planning to rent a car and drive from LaGuardia to Middletown, but I'm wondering how difficult it is to drive in NYC. The largest city I've driven in is Atlanta. How bad is driving there?

It's not too bad at all. I had an interview in November and I also rented a car at LaGuardia and drove to Middletown. There was barely any traffic and it took me a little bit less than 90 mins. This was on a Sunday night around 5pm or so.

Yea I agree it wasn't bad for me at at all. I got my rental car from JFK, drove to the Statue of Liberty for the day, then to Middletown and back to drop it off the next day with no problem. Just be aware that you'll have to pay expensive tolls on the bridges. I also drove up on a Sunday and drove back in Monday traffic but it wasn't too bad.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/22 or 2/29 heard back yet? On my interview day they said they would get back to us within a week. I know Touro is known for sending out decisions on Fridays and I was really hoping to hear back today.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/22 or 2/29 heard back yet? On my interview day they said they would get back to us within a week. I know Touro is known for sending out decisions on Fridays and I was really hoping to hear back today.
....and here I was hoping I'd hear back (interviewed this monday) lol

still no word of waitlist activity?? or is it too early still?

Hey All!

I was curious if anyone has heard word of an accepted student's day (or something of the sort) so that incoming students can meet their classmates and look for roommates. Congratulations to any accepted students and good luck to those awaiting their interviews!

Hey All!

I was curious if anyone has heard word of an accepted student's day (or something of the sort) so that incoming students can meet their classmates and look for roommates. Congratulations to any accepted students and good luck to those awaiting their interviews!
we're u accepted? If so when was your interview/how long after did you hear back?

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm sorry if this was asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to switch your preference for a particular campus? I have an interview coming up at Middletown however I listed both campuses for preference on my application. I am now starting to lean towards Harlem, and I was wondering if there was a possibility of switching over. Does anyone know if this could be done or has had any experience with this?

Hey all, I'm sorry if this was asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to switch your preference for a particular campus? I have an interview coming up at Middletown however I listed both campuses for preference on my application. I am now starting to lean towards Harlem, and I was wondering if there was a possibility of switching over. Does anyone know if this could be done or has had any experience with this?

I would like to know the same. I interviewed at Middletown, not knowing you can only interview at one of the campus not both is that true?

I would like to know the same. I interviewed at Middletown, not knowing you can only interview at one of the campus not both is that true?

From what I understand you don't interview at both campuses because it's under the same administration since Middletown is just a branch of the Harlem campus. So I imagine that they have your application and review it in the same place, but I could be wrong. However I don't know anything about switching between campuses.

From what I understand you don't interview at both campuses because it's under the same administration since Middletown is just a branch of the Harlem campus. So I imagine that they have your application and review it in the same place, but I could be wrong. However I don't know anything about switching between campuses.

Yeah that what I was told too. But Harlem requirements or average mcat score is slightly higher than Middletown.

Yeah that what I was told too. But Harlem requirements or average mcat score is slightly higher than Middletown.

They said that basically no one has done that. Maybe 1 person ever has for some legit reason but that's it.

Just received an acceptance email. Interviewed 3/7.

Just received an acceptance email. Interviewed 3/7.
Congratulations! Thats weird, I emailed Frank Rose this morning and he said that the comitee hasn't met to go over the applicants from the 3/7 interview date (which was my date as well). I guess they must have gone over them after?

Anxiety 10/10 right now....

Last edited:
Congratulations! Thats weird, I emailed Frank Rose this morning and he said that the comitee hasn't met to go over the applicants from the 3/7 interview date (which was my date as well). I guess they must have gone over them after?

Anxiety 10/10 right now....

They might have just squeezed me in. I actually wish they would have held off so I could hear back from one other place at the same time before I have to make a deposit here. In any case, difficult decisions abound...

They might have just squeezed me in. I actually wish they would have held off so I could hear back from one other place at the same time before I have to make a deposit here. In any case, difficult decisions abound...
Here's hoping, for the both of us, that the other school accepts you ;)