Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite for the Middletown campus today! Complete 10/23, only applied to Middletown. 28 MCAT, 3.72 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA. I'm really excited about this school!

Edit: will be interviewing on November 24th in the second session

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to interview at one campus and be offered a seat at another?

also just got an interview for Middletown!

I selected both campuses, with preference for Harlem. does anyone know if this means I could only go to the Middletown campus if accepted? idk how I feel about that. any insight?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday for Harlem, and also the dates were only for next week on Monday or Wednesday. Will be part of the first interview session for Monday. I think I also got the last room in the Da Vinci Hotel. Wish I had more time to figure out how to get there and what not instead of trying to scramble to find out how to get there and where to stay at

II for Middletown!!! I will be flying there from CA. Does anyone know if there are hotels nearby and what airport is closest?

Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete? Thanks!!
My stats are maybe the worst of anyone I've seen on here lol. 3.66 cGPA, 3.49sGPA 26MCAT. I have a lot of research though. Been complete for about two weeks. Let me know about hotels people!

Are standards lower for those who indicate middletown is their preference? I know Touro Harlem has highest MCAT of all DO schools...but does that include middletown students as well?

Interview invite for the Middletown campus today! Complete 10/23, only applied to Middletown. 28 MCAT, 3.72 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA. I'm really excited about this school!
Congrats on the ii!! I'm interviewing at middletown next week as well, but I can't find much info online about this campus since its relatively new (just opened last yr), just curious... what you like about it? Are you excited b/c its close to NYC? or sth else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm part of the Middletown morning interview group on Monday Nov. 3rd. Was wondering when people were getting there (day before?) and if anyone wants to meet up, maybe grab a bite and check out the town before/after the interview date? Also flying from So Cal, gonna be a long flight.

Can anyone who interviewed at Middletown give an overview of how the interview was like please?

Hey, a couple of people posted their interview experience earlier in the thread. This is from the AACOM site:

TouroCOM interview days have the following agenda: Review and presentation, Interview (open file, two science faculty, 30 min.), Financial Aid and Admission/Tour of Facility.

Can any students at Harlem comment on their experience so far or what led you here? :)

Does anyone know how long it takes for the admissions to confirm your applications? I've sent my LOR, supplementary and paid the fee on Oct. 23rd and haven't gotten any reply yet. Nervously waiting...

II: harlem campus, 11/10

Hit me up for living accommodations. Coming from Southern California.

Hey has anyone here received a secondary with a c&s GPA < 3.0? I'm currently at a 2.94 cGPA, 2.99 sGPA, 35 MCAT (13/9/13).

Does anyone know how long it takes for the admissions to confirm your applications? I've sent my LOR, supplementary and paid the fee on Oct. 23rd and haven't gotten any reply yet. Nervously waiting...

Takes a while longer than a week based off what other's have said. And also there's been people who get II's before even getting the complete e-mail so don't stress! Enjoy your Halloween!

Monday is going to be 2 weeks post-interview for me...any idea how long it takes to hear back about decisions?

Withdrawing my interview on Nov 10th...hopefully it goes to someone who really needs it!

Pros: You watch most lectures through Itunes U (professors from our school will prerecord them) so you are able to pace yourself each week and decide when you want to watch them, also you are able to rewatch them as often as you'd like. So no 8-5 lecture days. My schedule is like this:
Monday: test days (can have up to 2), some weeks none so you have no class
Tuesday: Clicker session for 4 hours (quizzes you on Anatomy, Biochem, Histo, Physio)
Wednesday: Physical Diagnosis 8-12
Thursday: OMM, Ethic, Anatomy Lab 8-5
Friday: Another anatomy clicker and Histology Lab 8-12:30

So the schedule is light for the most part which gives you a lot of time to study on your own.

Also, the school is completely new inside (new cadaver lab, 3D digital lab, and plastination lab, new OMM lab, PD mock rooms). If you want to live on campus you can, if you don't want to there are plenty of apartment complexes very close by, but I must say living on campus your first year is a great way to meet people and its very convenient. The small class size (135) is great because professors know you personally and work with you if you're having problems.

I can't really think of any unique cons to this school. It's medical school so its hell because you are studying from the time you wake up until you go to sleep at night and your expected to know A LOT week after week, but hey thats medical school. The cafeteria here could improve with food selection and prices, but I think our student government is working on that.

No problem base/case based learning? And for lectures, are they using system approach? as in learn everything we need about cardio system before moving down to other organ system,?

Anatomy is regional anatomy (learning everything about the arm, then everything about the thorax, then everything about the head), but every other class is system based.

I'm interviewing tomorrow, morning session!

Anyone hear back from the interview on 10/20?

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Anyone hear back from the interview on 10/20?

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

I called admissions and they told me it would be at least three weeks (i.e. hopefully by next week.) So I guess we should sit tight for now.

Can anyone who interviewed at Middletown give an overview of how the interview was like please?
Just interviewed at Middletown today. It's a pretty small town, lots of parking around. All the interviewees gather in the lobby and wait until the admission people showed up and opened/swiped the door open to get into the suite, sign in with the front desk, get name tag and folder with financial aid/interview packet. Then we were led into a room, Dean and CEO came in to talk briefly about what the school is like, answers questions that we have, pretty informal (no slides or anything like that)
Then a financial aid lady came in to basically "read" us the financial aid pocket that we have in the folder...,
light breakfast with bagel and bananas
After the financial aid talk, we were led back to the suite and wait for interview. I believe there were 4 interview rooms with either a pair or three faculty members, interview lasted 20-30 minutes, very conversational, just be yourself =)
after the interview, we went down to ground level and were given a speech about Touro's curriculum by an Immuno Professor. We ended the day with student-led tour.

I think there's too much waiting... since we go on tour in small groups anyway, they could have let those who interview later tour the building first instead of waiting the entire group to be finished.. (I think we waited for like 2-3 hours for the entire group to be done with interviews, maybe its shorter, but it felt longggggggggg)

Reactions: 2 users
Btw, if anybody from TouroCOM is reading this... Props for the site revamp! Much more accessible, much more information on community involvement, and much more aesthetically pleasing overall.

Reactions: 2 users

Took just over 2 weeks after submitting the email secondary for me. I had submitted the online secondary and fee a few days earlier than the email secondary

Congrats on the ii!! I'm interviewing at middletown next week as well, but I can't find much info online about this campus since its relatively new (just opened last yr), just curious... what you like about it? Are you excited b/c its close to NYC? or sth else?

I'm actually really happy that there's a campus outside of NYC (just not a fan of the city). It seems to me that Touro has a great reputation and the Middletown curriculum is heavily based off or the Harlem curriculum

I'm actually really happy that there's a campus outside of NYC (just not a fan of the city). It seems to me that Touro has a great reputation and the Middletown curriculum is heavily based off or the Harlem curriculum
lol, in the interview, the interviewer asked me why I prefer middletown over harlem, and I told them exactly why I did not want to live in nyc, and they all laugh and said that's why they moved up to middletown

Interview 10/20, just got acceptance email. I know some people I interviewed with said you had to accept/decline by January, however my email says 2 weeks...that seems pretty soon especially because I'm still waiting on other schools. Any current students have any suggestions, or anyone know if the school makes exceptions to this 2 week time frame? I'd appreciate the input. Thanks !

Is anyone else interviewing here in the morning on the 24th of November? PM me

Interview 10/20, just got acceptance email. I know some people I interviewed with said you had to accept/decline by January, however my email says 2 weeks...that seems pretty soon especially because I'm still waiting on other schools. Any current students have any suggestions, or anyone know if the school makes exceptions to this 2 week time frame? I'd appreciate the input. Thanks !
Congrats on your acceptance! Was this at the Harlem campus? I interviewed on 10/20 too but when I called they just said it would take 2-3 weeks.

I also heard the 2 week timeframe, and they told us that they are pretty strict with that deadline =\

Congrats on your acceptance! Was this at the Harlem campus? I interviewed on 10/20 too but when I called they just said it would take 2-3 weeks.

I also heard the 2 week timeframe, and they told us that they are pretty strict with that deadline =\

Congrats! I interviewed at the Harlem campus 10/20 as well and seeing your message makes me refresh my email obsessively! *crossing my fingers*

Congrats! I interviewed at the Harlem campus 10/20 as well and seeing your message makes me refresh my email obsessively! *crossing my fingers*
I'm wondering if this is for the Harlem campus or not, though? The admissions office keeps saying over the phone that it'll take 2-3 weeks so I'm also obsessively refreshing my email, while thinking it might be too early? Haha

I'm wondering if this is for the Harlem campus or not, though? The admissions office keeps saying over the phone that it'll take 2-3 weeks so I'm also obsessively refreshing my email, while thinking it might be too early? Haha

I feel like the 3-week talk they gave you maybe the deadline to give out ALL of the results. But I think the acceptances/wait list/rejection are rolling out a few at a time? Hopefully they don't give out the rejections last!

Sorry all! I should have specified. I interviewed at Middletown. Thanks for the feedback thus far.