Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at Middletown!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to both of you! Do you think you are going to accept?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to both of you! Do you think you are going to accept?
I think so. I still have 3 more interviews, but so far, I'm not against what this school has to offer and would be happy to accept the class seat.

accepted today interviewed 10/20 middletown campus. so happy i dont have to live in the city

Would you mind sharing when you emailed your supplemental materials and how long it took to get a complete email?

I submitted on 9/5. But they Had just started sending out secondaries a week before that. So that's probably why I got confirmed so quickly.

Just gave up my interview for Nov 10 morning session, if anyone wants to see if they can move up. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
A few questions for those of you who've interviewed here already (or current students):
1.) What is the best way to prepare for this interview?
2.) What are safe/cheap hotels nearby?

A few questions for those of you who've interviewed here already (or current students):

Definitely know your application and be prepared to answer questions about some of the weaknesses on your app if you have anything that sticks out.

Definitely know your application and be prepared to answer questions about some of the weaknesses on your app if you have anything that sticks out.
I interviewed at Harlem this Monday. Definitely agree with @doapplicant2015, KNOW YOUR APPLICATION and be prepared to elaborate on any hiccups. Know answers to the big three:
1. Why DO?
2. Why Touro?
3. Why Harlem?
For every answer, make sure to give an example, but at the same time, dont beat around the bush and tell stories. Be very clear, concise and answer the questions well. My interview was fairly conversational, but from others that interviewed that day, I heard some pretty crazy stories. If you are asked ethical questions, come up with a good answer, but also be prepared to show that you understand the repercussions of the opposing side. Finally, be yourself, and cheerful. Nothing looks worst than being negative and fake. As for good hotels, I understand that the Aloft right across the street is good, but really overpriced. I stayed at the Da Vinci hotel, and it was $187 a night. Its not cheap, but it is cheaper than many other options, and the hotel room was pretty cozy and comfortable. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Harlem this Monday. Definitely agree with @doapplicant2015, KNOW YOUR APPLICATION and be prepared to elaborate on any hiccups. Know answers to the big three:
1. Why DO?
2. Why Touro?
3. Why Harlem?
For every answer, make sure to give an example, but at the same time, dont beat around the bush and tell stories. Be very clear, concise and answer the questions well. My interview was fairly conversational, but from others that interviewed that day, I heard some pretty crazy stories. If you are asked ethical questions, come up with a good answer, but also be prepared to show that you understand the repercussions of the opposing side. Finally, be yourself, and cheerful. Nothing looks worst than being negative and fake. As for good hotels, I understand that the Aloft right across the street is good, but really overpriced. I stayed at the Da Vinci hotel, and it was $187 a night. Its not cheap, but it is cheaper than many other options, and the hotel room was pretty cozy and comfortable. Good luck!

I completely agree- from my own experience I felt as if the interviewers could pretty much sense the bull **** from a mile away. They were really cut and dry and "tell me how it is" mentality. As monotonous as this sounds: be honest, be yourself and know your application very well. If you do those things you will be in great shape.

II - about an hour ago! Super excited!!

Are the interviews at Middletown done in groups or just one interviewee with the panel?

Does anyone know how clinical rotation sites get chosen?

anyone who interviewed 10/20 in Harlem hear anything back yet?

Interviewed Monday in Harlem and was just accepted. OOS, 3.65/35. Honestly, this is my first acceptance and I expected to be elated, but this 2k minimum deposit in two weeks is destroying me. I literally don't have the money right now after paying for all this, but know if I don't take this offer and get shut out everywhere else, I'm royally ******.

Interviewed Monday in Harlem and was just accepted. OOS, 3.65/35. Honestly, this is my first acceptance and I expected to be elated, but this 2k minimum deposit in two weeks is destroying me. I literally don't have the money right now after paying for all this, but know if I don't take this offer and get shut out everywhere else, I'm royally ******.

I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 10/22 and just accepted but waiting to get off a hold at Western Pomona which is much closer to home =/

Interviewed this Monday at Harlem as well and got accepted...jeez super fast turn around OOS as well

Just got accepted! So excited! Although that deposit is pretty hefty...

Can someone tell me the credit cards they accept? It won't let me access the payment portal, and the school is closed. If anyone could help me out here, that'd be great because if they don't take Amex, I'm going to apply for a card ASAP to cover this deposit.

Last edited:
Interviewed this past Monday and accepted. Very quick turn around and very happy

Joining the club! Interviewed this past Monday at Harlem and was just accepted!

I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 10/22 and just accepted but waiting to get off a hold at Western Pomona which is much closer to home =/
I'm on hold for them too... however, I heard from open house that they're switching to pbl.... which isn't really my cup of tea. Just incase this helps your decision to keep your seat in NY

I'm on hold for them too... however, I heard from open house that they're switching to pbl.... which isn't really my cup of tea. Just incase this helps your decision to keep your seat in NY
Oh wow I wonder why they would do that? That certainly makes Touro NY more attractive. I'm not sure if it's enough to move out of CA for though considering I could live at home if I got into Western. But it seems like getting off a hold there is pretty rare.

Oh wow I wonder why they would do that? That certainly makes Touro NY more attractive. I'm not sure if it's enough to move out of CA for though considering I could live at home if I got into Western. But it seems like getting off a hold there is pretty rare.

I guess it buys more time for the professors to do other things. Not sure. Western made pbl sound interesting, but after seeing it in person at lecom...yeah idk... I've yet to see some sort of structure behind it.

Hi guys, I m deciding between Touro NY and WesternU Pomonoa as well. What are the pros and cons of each that you guys are weighing? Also, when Touro says 2 weeks deadline for deposit, do they mean business days or do weekends count as well?

Does anyone know the demographics from the past matriculated class, such as the average GPA, MCAT, and admission statistics?

anyone else having trouble with the website they sent us to make the deposit?

Has anyone has any luck trying to speak to this school? I have emailed them a couple times, the first e-mail was two weeks ago, second email was a week ago and have been calling 212-851-1199 number for a while. Finally got someone on the phone at that number but she didn't know the answers to any questions and she took my number down and told me she will get someone to call me back, but it has been 5 days and no call back.

Does anyone has a different number or has any tips to communicate with this school?

Has anyone has any luck trying to speak to this school? I have emailed them a couple times, the first e-mail was two weeks ago, second email was a week ago and have been calling 212-851-1199 number for a while. Finally got someone on the phone at that number but she didn't know the answers to any questions and she took my number down and told me she will get someone to call me back, but it has been 5 days and no call back.

Does anyone has a different number or has any tips to communicate with this school?

when I had trouble receiving my secondary app materials, it took me nearly two weeks, 4 phone calls, and 3 emails to get it corrected. all I can say is good luck lol, you'll probably have to keep calling over different days until u reach someone that can help. they gave me that same answer a few times until I got help

I have been able to reach the school by calling the 646-981-4500 number and then dialing 2 to speak to admissions - then following the prompts to speak to admissions.

when I had trouble receiving my secondary app materials, it took me nearly two weeks, 4 phone calls, and 3 emails to get it corrected. all I can say is good luck lol, you'll probably have to keep calling over different days until u reach someone that can help. they gave me that same answer a few times until I got help

Yikes! That sounds terrible! I'm glad you got it taken care of

anyone else having trouble with the website they sent us to make the deposit?
I am having issues.
I am getting this error"NET.DATA DTW_DIRECTCALL Error: FUNCTION CheckPIN(): Parameter 1 not passed correctly. Scalar data cannot be changed to type required by instruction.".

I contacted them, they said they have fixed it but it is still not working.

I am having issues.
I am getting this error"NET.DATA DTW_DIRECTCALL Error: FUNCTION CheckPIN(): Parameter 1 not passed correctly. Scalar data cannot be changed to type required by instruction.".

I contacted them, they said they have fixed it but it is still not working.

I had the same issue. dont copy and paste your touro ID number. when you do that there is a space at the end of the number or it just doesn't read the full number. just type the number in and it does the trick fine.

has anyone received a confirmation email after you send in the acceptance form?
I sent it in a few days ago and nothing. Probably going to call tomorrow

I had the same issue. dont copy and paste your touro ID number. when you do that there is a space at the end of the number or it just doesn't read the full number. just type the number in and it does the trick fine.

has anyone received a confirmation email after you send in the acceptance form?
I sent it in a few days ago and nothing. Probably going to call tomorrow
No... I didn't think about that... good call.

I made the deposit for Middletown too and have not heard back from the school yet.