Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 11/24 and I think we were told we would hear the decision today but can't remember if I heard this right. Can anyone confirm?

I interviewed the same day in Middletown and I believe they said this Friday. But it looks like previous acceptances have gone out on Wednesdays. It could vary by campus.

Members don't see this ad.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Middletown interviews from 11/10 got a bunch of their accpetances last Wednesday. Pattern suggests 11/17 (like me) is today and 11/24 should be next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I was complete mid October, but when I called early November (since I hadn't received an e-mail) they said they forgot to mark the file complete. Do you think that will hurt my chances? GPA 3.6, MCAT 30, decent ECs...

I interviewed the same day in Middletown and I believe they said this Friday. But it looks like previous acceptances have gone out on Wednesdays. It could vary by campus.
I bet it's because of Thanksgiving and we'll hear tomorrow.

Did anyone from the Nov 17th interview group at Middletown hear back ?

Did anyone from the Nov 17th interview group at Middletown hear back ?

Waiting with bated breath. Someone above said they said we'd hear back tomorrow though.

Reactions: 1 user
Any facebook group created for accepted to Harlem campus?

Just got accepted today at Middletown. Interviewed 11/24. Anyone else from the AM group hear back??

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted today at Middletown. Interviewed 11/24. Anyone else from the AM group hear back??
Received an acceptance email to Middletown just after 6pm!!! (Interviewed 11/24) A little nervous because the email said my name, but did not have an ID number... Did anyone else not get an ID number?

Received an acceptance email to Middletown just after 6pm!!! (Interviewed 11/24) A little nervous because the email said my name, but did not have an ID number... Did anyone else not get an ID number?

Yeah, it's just blank on mine..says my name at the top, though..so not worried at all. Whew first interview and first acceptance -- done!

Congrats btw!! :)

Acceptance as well! Interviewed on 11/24, AM session. Congrats everyone! Hope the others hear good news as well.

Accepted to Middletown. . Interviewed 11/17

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Middletown! Interviewed 11/17

Reactions: 1 users
Someone should suggest to the mod to change the name to to Touro-Harlem class of 2019 instead of NYC DO class of 2019. No one is going to search for that name.
I think I remember reading last years thread or some other years that the school doesn't allow a Facebook group with their official name or something..I'm pretty sure if the admins (who are current OMS1s) could they would name it Touro-Harlem c/o 2019

I think I remember reading last years thread or some other years that the school doesn't allow a Facebook group with their official name or something..I'm pretty sure if the admins (who are current OMS1s) could they would name it Touro-Harlem c/o 2019

Gotcha. Thank you for the explanation.

Got accepted to Touro-Middletown! Interviewed Nov. 24th

Edit: To those who got accepted today, did you guys receive an TouroCOM ID in the email? Mine is blank. I'm wondering if I should call the admissions or they will send an update email with the ID.

Last edited:
Got accepted to Touro-Middletown! Interviewed Nov. 24th

Edit: To those who got accepted today, did you guys receive an TouroCOM ID in the email? Mine is blank. I'm wondering if I should call the admissions or they will send an update email with the ID.

Mine's blank

Hi everyone,

I just got accepted to Touro-Middletown 2 hours ago! Interviewed December 1st and was in the AM session. Please let me know if you guys have any questions...be very glad to help out in any way.

I made one for middletown and hasnt been a problem. hoepfully wont be going forward

Got my acceptance email yesterday for Middletown! I interviewed on 11/24.

Hi everyone,

I just got accepted to Touro-Middletown 2 hours ago! Interviewed December 1st and was in the AM session. Please let me know if you guys have any questions...be very glad to help out in any way.

Me too!

Also accepted yesterday to Middletown! Not loving this $2000 deposit idea too much, but it feels great to know I'm going to be a doctor. first acceptance!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who interviewed 11/17 in the afternoon group gotten a decision yet?

Doctor lacrosse i actually read your "ongoing comeback story" like 5 months ago when i was submitting my app haha, im glad you got in bro, thats awesome

Doctor lacrosse i actually read your "ongoing comeback story" like 5 months ago when i was submitting my app haha, im glad you got in bro, thats awesome

haha thanks a lot man. happy to have one. hopefully more to come for us all

So got the email from Middletown admissions with the student ID, but can't login to the website for submitting deposit. Anyone having the same problem?

I am also experiencing the same problem =/

Tried resetting the password....and when I entered the student ID...it says that the student number is not found so I think Touro is having some technical problem again =/

Do you guys think that because Middletown is brand new, there will be any roadblocks ahead? It seemed like the administration knew what they were doing, especially since it's a branch campus and everything follows Harlem standards. But in terms of rotations, etc. - will that be a setback later on? Looking at the rotation site map, all of Middletown's rotations are in rural areas away from the city in stark contrast to Harlem rotations, which are not only more plentiful but more diverse than Middletown ones. I'm trying to decide between Touro Middletown and Touro Nevada and I'm having a really tough time! Thoughts?

Do you guys think that because Middletown is brand new, there will be any roadblocks ahead? It seemed like the administration knew what they were doing, especially since it's a branch campus and everything follows Harlem standards. But in terms of rotations, etc. - will that be a setback later on? Looking at the rotation site map, all of Middletown's rotations are in rural areas away from the city in stark contrast to Harlem rotations, which are not only more plentiful but more diverse than Middletown ones. I'm trying to decide between Touro Middletown and Touro Nevada and I'm having a really tough time! Thoughts?
I recently got accepted to Touro Middletown too so this is purely my opinions, but compared to more established schools, Touro Middletown may have two problems. The first is as you said, the rotation sites will primarily be the regional hospitals around the Middletown campus. On the interview day, my interviewers stated that they are in the process of setting up more rotation sites in the area, in addition to the Orange Regional Medical Centre. While I personally am okay with the rural/suburban locations of these hospitals, the quality of these rotations is uncertain. The second thing with Middletown is the faculty. Most of the faculty members are newly recruited, though it should be noted that some of them are experienced professors from other universities and the feedbacks from current students are also very positive. I personally also got a "minimalistic" feel from the facility at Middletown. Though by no means lacking, the entire building seems a bit "mechanistic" since everything is so new and much space remains unused. During the campus tour, I feel it's just white all over, from the ceilings to the floors to the walls. Could really use some interior designs to make the place more homely. But this is just a minor issue, as I endured worse (my undergrad's science building looks like dungeons.)

I should note that the tuition at Touro is one of the lower ones (at 45k per year) and the cost of living in Middletown is significantly less than in NYC, though there is pretty much nothing to do around the campus. I am still waiting for two other schools, and it will be a hard choice between the three.

yup right here, 28

Anyone below 28 get an ii?

I'm IS and got a secondary from Touro just over a month ago. I was too afraid to submit it because I thought my stats were too low... I think it's pointless to submit it now, but I'm wondering what y'all have to say about this.

Edit: It was not pointless to submit a month after the secondary invite. Had an ii in Apr!

Last edited:

I'm IS and got a secondary from Touro just over a month ago. I was too afraid to submit it because I thought my stats were too low... I think it's pointless to submit it now, but I'm wondering what y'all have to say about this.

I had a 27 and was accepted. it can't hurt to submit

Reactions: 2 users
I had a 27 and was accepted. it can't hurt to submit
I guess it can't hurt to submit but I'm wondering if I'll be auto-rejected because of how late the secondary is... Your words offer a *tiny* glimmer of hope, believe it or not.

Dare I ask -- has anyone gotten an ii below 27?

Last edited:
I guess it can't hurt to submit but I'm wondering if I'll be auto-rejected because of how late the secondary is... Your words offer a *tiny* glimmer of hope, believe it or not.

We had a guy in my group with a 26. I got accepted with a 28.

my friend submitted last year in feb and was accepted. late is better than never. your auto rejecting yourself if you dont send in the application

Reactions: 4 users

I think I'm in a similar situation. Lower Mcat, OK GPA, but a masters degree with a ton of research, clinical and patient care experience. It can't hurt to try!! I submitted my secondary first week in November. I know they accepted people last year to middletown with a 24 so I would def send it in! This is my number one choice so I'm still crossing my fingers. Good luck!!

I think I'm in a similar situation. Lower Mcat, OK GPA, but a masters degree with a ton of research, clinical and patient care experience. It can't hurt to try!! I submitted my secondary first week in November. I know they accepted people last year to middletown with a 24 so I would def send it in! This is my number one choice so I'm still crossing my fingers. Good luck!!

Hey!
If it makes you feel better, I got accepted with a 24. My first mcat I got a 27 and then the second round, it dropped to a 24. However, I think my extracurricular activities and research experience really helped me out. So I think you have nothing to worry about. Just give it your all and be honest on your essay! If you have any questions, please just ask =)

Any news from Harlem interviews from Nov 24th?

Hey, all. Little late to game. Did you get complete/file under review confirmations for Harlem? Only complete maybe 3 weeks here, so I don't know if I should start calling. Thanks.

I just placed my deposit and emailed them my completed acceptance form! See you guys in NYC next year! Coming from SoCal so I hope I get used to the climate !

Reactions: 3 users
I just placed my deposit and emailed them my completed acceptance form! See you guys in NYC next year! Coming from SoCal so I hope I get used to the climate !
I'm in the same boat. Snow hurts!

Is there a FB group for Harlem yet?