Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's the best way to contact to Touro? They don't seem to reply to their emails in a timely fashion.

Members don't see this ad.

Those who were considered for the latest interview cycle, I believe we are expected to hear back Wednesday (weather pending...) is anyone else checking their inbox obsessively in hopes that decisions will come out before we are stuck inside for two days?!!?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has been accepted recieved any follow-up information from Touro?
Still haven't received anything yet. Someone else stated that when they called, the admissions was waiting to give out more acceptances before giving out more information. Either way, I think I might try to give them a call tomorrow or later this week.

Reactions: 1 user
For Touro-Hatlem, how is everyone finding roommates? The Facebook page is completely dead. You think there will be more roommate activity once we get closer to spring? I'm starting to get a little nervous about how I'm going to find roommates.

Those who were considered for the latest interview cycle, I believe we are expected to hear back Wednesday (weather pending...) is anyone else checking their inbox obsessively in hopes that decisions will come out before we are stuck inside for two days?!!?

YES! And I've been checking this page every few hours to see if anyone else has any pertinent information :nailbiting:. How did you find out that we should know by Wednesday? I had my ii on 1/14 but I didn't hear anything about a decision timeline.

For Touro-Hatlem, how is everyone finding roommates? The Facebook page is completely dead. You think there will be more roommate activity once we get closer to spring? I'm starting to get a little nervous about how I'm going to find roommates.

Yeahhh I'm wondering when I need to start looking for roommates too.

YES! And I've been checking this page every few hours to see if anyone else has any pertinent information :nailbiting:. How did you find out that we should know by Wednesday? I had my ii on 1/14 but I didn't hear anything about a decision timeline.
The question was asked on our interview date (I was there the 14th, you might have been in an interview) they said they were meeting last friday and sending out replies Wednesday, I'm worried it will be delayed due to the weather. But hopefully we will at least know by this Friday!! (Middletown)

I heard 2-4 weeks on decisions for 1/21 interview date. Anybody hear anything else?

The question was asked on our interview date (I was there the 14th, you might have been in an interview) they said they were meeting last friday and sending out replies Wednesday, I'm worried it will be delayed due to the weather. But hopefully we will at least know by this Friday!! (Middletown)

Middletown received a whopping 2" of snow, so I don't think we need to worry about a delay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nov 5th here. But I also never got a complete email, so who knows. I figured it's a lost cause, unfortunately.
I would suggest calling/emailing them to ask about your application status. You should have received a complete email regardless of how competitive your application is. It is possible they had some clerical errors and never completed your application.

I would suggest calling/emailing them to ask about your application status. You should have received a complete email regardless of how competitive your application is. It is possible they had some clerical errors and never completed your application.
or letters of recommendation never made it to them

yeah i called them because i never received a complete email... they apparently never got my LOR

I just logged on to my portal randomly for the first time since i paid the deposit, just wondering if everyone gets the same thing?

You have been denied Add/Drop functions in the Academic Year 2014-2015 Spring term because of the following reasons:
Immunization Hold
Not Registered In Portal
Invalid time to register

I just logged on to my portal randomly for the first time since i paid the deposit, just wondering if everyone gets the same thing?

You have been denied Add/Drop functions in the Academic Year 2014-2015 Spring term because of the following reasons:
Immunization Hold
Not Registered In Portal
Invalid time to register
Yea mine looks pretty much identical to that. I have logged in a couple times, and its been the same for me since early January. But I mean we can't register for classes for a semester that has already started so I think it is fine.

What phone number do you guys call? I can't get a hold of them over the phone neither are they replying their emails.

What phone number do you guys call? I can't get a hold of them over the phone neither are they replying their emails.

That depends on if you're looking for Middletown or Harlem, as they each have their own admissions office. For Middletown, their number should be (845) 648-1000 ext. 60111. I am not familiar with the best number to reach Harlem.

I had called them a while ago about my deposit and I don't really remember what number it was (Back in November), but I do have this number for the Harlem campus. You can try it and see if you get anything.
(212) 851-1199 x 2588
Update: Just spoke to the admissions office on the phone and they said that they haven't sent out anything yet for those students that have been accepted and put down a deposit, but we would receive more information shortly

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Kinda of a dumb question, but where do we mail the LORs? I can't find an address on the website and I want to make sure to send it to the right place...

Can any current student at TouroCOM- Middletown tell me what the flip classroom curriculum exactly means? And what is a normal weekly schedule during the first and second year? Thanks a lot.

Flipped Classroom - instead of a professor teaching you, he/she will quiz you (after you watch the pre-recorded lecture at home).

Can anyone help me with how to get to the school if I'm flying in? And any hotel recommendations?

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with how to get to the school if I'm flying in? And any hotel recommendations?

Are you just visiting or do you have an interview? If you're interviewing, that info should be in your confirmation email. This is what I received:

"Student Services Suite 1st Floor
60 Prospect Avenue

Middletown, NY 10940

On the day of your visit you will receive an agenda. Following a brief orientation / question and answer session you will then proceed to your interview. Please arrive no more than ten minutes before your Check- in time.

Interviews are conducted in a panel format. The Admissions Panel will consist of two faculty members.

Please bring the email confirmation with you to the interview. If your plans change, please notify us at least three (3) business days prior to your interview appointment. Send direct communications to Mr. Sean Anderson ([email protected]). Upon arrival, all interviewees will be asked to show valid proof of identification. If for any reason you will not be on time please call the Admissions Office at (845) 648-1000 ext. 60111.

For Directions, Click on the Link Below:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zBGbCYSSz-Do.kXgWM2Z_CrXM

There are several parking lots adjacent to the TouroCOM Middletown Building – you may park in any of them. When you enter through the Main Lobby entrance, the student services office is to the left through the glass double doors.

We look forward to meeting you."

If you're looking for a nice hotel, just do a google search for hotel and pick one that you recognize the name of. You could stay in Middletown, Montgomery, or even Newburgh.

Super excited... I got an II for this week! I just hope there are actual spots left at Harlem. Anyone got any advice in terms of the interview?

Super excited... I got an II for this week! I just hope there are actual spots left at Harlem. Anyone got any advice in terms of the interview?
Know your application very well. They might play the roles of good cop bad cop so be ready for our and don't let it throw you off guard. Also know the big three, why medicine, why D.O., why Touro, especially Touro Harlem. Good luck!

Are you just visiting or do you have an interview? If you're interviewing, that info should be in your confirmation email. This is what I received:

"Student Services Suite 1st Floor
60 Prospect Avenue.

Middletown, NY 10940.

On the day of your visit you will receive an agenda. Following a brief orientation / question and answer session you will then proceed to your interview. Please arrive no more than ten minutes before your Check- in time.

Interviews are conducted in a panel format. The Admissions Panel will consist of two faculty members.

Please bring the email confirmation with you to the interview. If your plans change, please notify us at least three (3) business days prior to your interview appointment. Send direct communications to Mr. Sean Anderson ([email protected]). Upon arrival, all interviewees will be asked to show valid proof of identification. If for any reason you will not be on time please call the Admissions Office at (845) 648-1000 ext. 60111. .

For Directions, Click on the Link Below:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zBGbCYSSz-Do.kXgWM2Z_CrXM.

There are several parking lots adjacent to the TouroCOM Middletown Building – you may park in any of them. When you enter through the Main Lobby entrance, the student services office is to the left through the glass double doors.

We look forward to meeting you."

If you're looking for a nice hotel, just do a google search for hotel and pick one that you recognize the name of. You could stay in Middletown, Montgomery, or even Newburgh. .

Which airport is ideal? Do people taxi/bus/rent a car from airport to hotel?

Which airport is ideal? Do people taxi/bus/rent a car from airport to hotel?

The closest airport is Stewart airport in Newburgh or you could fly into the city or NJ to Newark, JFK, or Laguardia and drive up. All should have car rental available or you can take a taxi from Newburgh for around $30. Renting a car would most likely be your cheapest option.

Thanks! How about taking a train/bus because as a Canadian I might not get a rental.

Has anyone heard anything lately? I thought we were supposed to hear back by Wednesday, but I guess I was wrong :(

Thanks! How about taking a train/bus because as a Canadian I might not get a rental.

Short line has a hub in Middletown that you could get off at, but you'd still need to walk or take a cab after. Same with a train- you'd need a cab. Best bet is to rent a car or take a taxi.

If you are flying from Canada, it would be a lot more expensive to land at Stewart airport, and it would be even more expensive with the cab fare from Stewart airport to the hotel/campus (around 4o dollars). I would suggest flying to Newark airport in NJ and take the NJ transit to Middletown. The Port Jarvis line on the NJ transit has a train station near the Middletown campus (about 10 minutes drive), and the cab fare is 7 dollars (there was no metre for some reasons). You could also stay at the Super 8 hotel in Middletown which is only walking distance from the Middletown train station.

Interview invite on the 14th or interview on the 14th?

Oh, I probably shouldn't be using abbreviation unless I know what it means. I had an interview on 1/14 at TOURO- middletown. I am still waiting for their decision.

I was on TouroCOM's website and it says

http://tourocom.touro.edu/academics/innovations-in-medical-education/

"Fewer Lectures, Better Learning
Every student who commits to TouroCOM receives the full syllabus for the first year right away. Once accepted, you can plan ahead, watching pre-recorded lectures and reading assigned articles on your own time, whenever you work best. We dedicate class time to stimulating critical thinking approaches and solving challenges presented by the material. In-class “clicker sessions” help professors monitor your progress through the course."

I was wondering if that meant you can watch the lectures as soon as you submit the deposit. Can anyone who has already been accepted confirm this? Thank youu

I was on TouroCOM's website and it says

http://tourocom.touro.edu/academics/innovations-in-medical-education/

"Fewer Lectures, Better Learning
Every student who commits to TouroCOM receives the full syllabus for the first year right away. Once accepted, you can plan ahead, watching pre-recorded lectures and reading assigned articles on your own time, whenever you work best. We dedicate class time to stimulating critical thinking approaches and solving challenges presented by the material. In-class “clicker sessions” help professors monitor your progress through the course."

I was wondering if that meant you can watch the lectures as soon as you submit the deposit. Can anyone who has already been accepted confirm this? Thank youu
No, I submitted my deposit back in November. I don't think you will get to look at lectures until either the second deposit or your tuition is turned in. Don't take my word for it but I am still waiting for my email for more information that was supposed to come in January

No, I submitted my deposit back in November. I don't think you will get to look at lectures until either the second deposit or your tuition is turned in. Don't take my word for it but I am still waiting for my email for more information that was supposed to come in January
Still waiting on that email as well.

they havent even released the first day of classes for us either

I actually asked my interviewers about this and they said it was up to the professors to post the video and give access and that it prob won't be released until July. This was Middletown and a lot of them are recording new lectures instead of using borrowed lectures from NYC

Last edited:
hey guys do we have to send physician LOR in order to get ii??? Also does touro send an email suggesting a complete application???

Anyone have any hotel recommendations? I will most likely not have a car, so is there any that is walking distance or is there a good taxi agency to call?

Thank you/

Anyone have any hotel recommendations? I will most likely not have a car, so is there any that is walking distance or is there a good taxi agency to call?

Thank you/
I probably wouldn't walk there. Pretty sure there are taxi services. I drove so I wouldn't be able to give you any recommendations. Sorry.

Well, the last interview for this cycle is 2/4. I'm hoping that they at least send out emails regarding those who interviewed In January/February by next week. The suspense is killing me.