Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First deposit of 2k is due within 2 weeks of your acceptance.

Second deposit of 1k is due May 15.

Is it common for people to pay the first deposit and then withdraw before the second deposit is due or not submit the second deposit at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it common for people to pay the first deposit and then withdraw before the second deposit is due or not submit the second deposit at all?

Yep! I talked to Sean and he said last year 25 people paid the first deposit but failed to pay the second deposit, so they ended up taking another 25 people off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else interviewing on may 4? I'll be in middletown around 8 pm on Sunday if anyone is down to kick it

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! Middletown!
Interviewed 4/27, just got the email now! Honestly, I'm still in shock...I thought I blew this interview!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email also. Interviewed 4/27. Got wait-listed . Hopefully hear something in the future. Have my fingers crossed

Anyone else interviewing on may 4? I'll be in middletown around 8 pm on Sunday if anyone is down to kick it

May the fourth be with you! Definitely reference something Star Wars in your interview haha

Last edited:
Interviewed 3/25, has anyone gotten a response yet? It seems that the majority of ii heard back within a month.

Interviewed 3/25, has anyone gotten a response yet? It seems that the majority of ii heard back within a month.
You should absolutely make contact with admissions. That is a long time to be waiting for a response post interview. GL

You should absolutely make contact with admissions. That is a long time to be waiting for a response post interview. GL

To anyone interested, just spoke to Touro Harlem admissions and they stated that they would be sending responses sometime this week for people that interviewed in late march.

Declined my acceptance offer today, good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone not received the health forms after getting a confirmation that the second deposit was received? Haven't heard anything since the confirmation.

Anyone know what Harlems system is for waitlisters? Is there a list? And how long does it take for there to be movement?

Any info on the wait list process would be appreciated.

Thanks and goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
II May 4th. Waiting for decision and in emotional paralyses given an acceptance could mean never having to study for the MCAT and reapplying ever again!

I have a few questions for current Middletown students, please message me!!!

Anyone know what Harlems system is for waitlisters? Is there a list? And how long does it take for there to be movement?

Any info on the wait list process would be appreciated.

Thanks and goodluck

Hopefully it's the same as last year where everyone on the Harlem waitlist got in.

Looks like I'll be attending touro Middletown!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey does anyone know when the admin of the Facebook page is gonna make the page private? I don't really want anyone on my Facebook knowing I got accepted...

Hey does anyone know when the admin of the Facebook page is gonna make the page private? I don't really want anyone on my Facebook knowing I got accepted...

It's currently a closed group so I don't think they can see it. It'll probably go private right before classes start. @bee-jey26?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the effectiveness of the two summer programs TOUROCOM offers? Was considering the Anatomy one

It's currently a closed group so I don't think they can see it. It'll probably go private right before classes start. @bee-jey26?

Really? If I go to the group's page I can see everyone who's a member... I mean let me check it from my laptop again? My friend's a part of it too

Really? If I go to the group's page I can see everyone who's a member... I mean let me check it from my laptop again? My friend's a part of it too

As a closed group, anyone can search the group and see who is in it, but no one can see the posts. Someone would have to look through the whole list to find that you're in it. Why would you be concerned about people knowing? There are dozens of people on here that would kill to be accepted; I would hope you'd be proud of it.

Reactions: 2 users
As a closed group, anyone can search the group and see who is in it, but no one can see the posts. Someone would have to look through the whole list to find that you're in it. Why would you be concerned about people knowing? There are dozens of people on here that would kill to be accepted; I would hope you'd be proud of it.

Haha I am! I just... come from a very nosy community lol. I'd rather them know after I've confirmed everything with the school via payments. Call it superstition haha. I also have friends who have yet to get in anywhere and don't want to tell them yet bc I feel really bad :(

At the same time idk if I'm dorming or finding a place to live so I do want to look for possible roommates.

And thanks for that info! It does make me feel better. :)

Hey guys, I'm still waiting to hear back from another school before i make my decision at Touro, I know the deadline for the 2nd deposit is May 15th but does it take time for the payment to process? Do I need to pay a couple days in advance or anything like that?

Hey guys, I'm still waiting to hear back from another school before i make my decision at Touro, I know the deadline for the 2nd deposit is May 15th but does it take time for the payment to process? Do I need to pay a couple days in advance or anything like that?
That's what I was worried about. But I believe the 2nd deposit is refundable just in case u change your mind. The 1st deposit of 2k is not

Second deposit of $1k is refundable. You can make the payment online with a credit card via the quikpay system, which is immediate. Therefore, you could do it the day of without any problem. I think there was a second deposit response form as well, which you would then want to email rather than snail mail to admissions.

Just to second that for your peace of mind, QuikPay was immediate and even if you choose to do an "electronic check" they cash it the next day, although I'm pretty sure the time stamp counts for when it is sent.

Hoping I did this correctly - I chose "Spring 2015 tuition deposit" even though I won't be starting until Fall 2016... there was no option for that.

Also, I asked admissions if there would be any further payments and they confirmed that these are the last two for 2015, for anyone else wondering.
Damn does it matter what u put it under? I put both under acceptance deposit, not tuition deposit

Hopefully they can see that your account has put down the expected sum (3K by now) but if either of you do call, I'd appreciate hearing the answer based on my question too (choosing spring 15 tuition).
I'll give bursar a call first thing in the morning

hey question for any international students at Touro Harlem- does Touro have any requirement for the tuition to be put into a escrow account?

Not sure if anyone's called already, but I submitted my second deposit more than a week ago under "acceptance deposit" on Quikpay and called the office, and they confirmed they had received it. So y'all should be fine.

I paid my second deposit a few months ago and just received this email:

"Dear TouroCOM Middletown Class of 2019,

This email is to confirm that your second deposit has been received by our office and your seat in the TouroCOM Middletown Class of 2019 is secured. Thank you very much.

In the next two weeks we will begin notifying all applicants of any missing documentation required for their registration. In the meantime, I wanted to personally congratulate you and welcome you to our incoming class."

Anyone know if the wait list is ranked and if admissions will share this info if I called? Also, I sent in a letter of intent a while ago and still haven't gotten any confirmation for it. Also tried emailing and calling Sean various times but no response. Anyone else experiencing this?? Oh and this is for Middletown lol

Anyone know if the wait list is ranked and if admissions will share this info if I called? Also, I sent in a letter of intent a while ago and still haven't gotten any confirmation for it. Also tried emailing and calling Sean various times but no response. Anyone else experiencing this?? Oh and this is for Middletown lol

They rank it after May 15, because that gives time for anyone to send in their updates and after they have all the info from everyone, they rank the waitlist.

I sent in a letter of interest, and also did not get a confirmation. I emailed them but they never responded, so yesterday, I finally called and talked to the Director of Admissions and she said that they had received it. They also said that 90% of the waitlist usually moves (Harlem) so keep your fingers crossed!

Sean said last week's interviewees were supposed to hear back today. Still no response, getting very nervous :nailbiting:

I was wondering if anyone know the Middletown area well and in terms of living area... I got accepted, paid the 3k, but now it is more of where to look for housing.

I like the on-campus housing but prefer not to live on campus as there is no cooking on-campus allowed...

I was wondering if anyone know the Middletown area well and in terms of living area... I got accepted, paid the 3k, but now it is more of where to look for housing.

I like the on-campus housing but prefer not to live on campus as there is no cooking on-campus allowed...

Join the Facebook group. This has been a topic of discussion many times. https://www.facebook.com/groups/383881318447m567/