Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my II! Anyone know of anywhere to stay around the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, first Middletown interview is October 20 I believe. I go to Touro Middletown so if you have any questions at all about the school or app cycle feel free to ask away.
do you happen to know how interview days are like? when are interviews held on interview days, right after we arrive or do we end with the actual interviews?

II
complete the day they gave out the Secondary. I believe 8/26ish
31 MCAT 12/6/13
OOS
3.6 cGPA
3.7sGPA

II
complete the day they gave out the Secondary. I believe 8/26ish
31 MCAT 12/6/13
OOS
3.6 cGPA
3.7sGPA
unfortunately, I cannot make any of the dates they have :( so I emailed asking for additional dates

Hey all- I'm also a first year here at Touro Middletown. Feel free to message me with any thoughts/ questions!

Hey all- I'm also a first year here at Touro Middletown. Feel free to message me with any thoughts/ questions!
hey thanks for the help! do you remember how the interview day went? interview first then tour campus?

II received. But I think I'm gonna chose the nov. 3 date to interview.
OOS
3.3cgpA/3.3sgpa

hey thanks for the help! do you remember how the interview day went? interview first then tour campus?
Hi! I found the interview to be pretty low key. First we all gathered in like a conference room and had a couple presentations about the school, financial aid, etc, and also sort of pep-talk for the actual interview part (which was quite nice and comforting). Then we were divided into groups for the interview- each person was interviewed by 2 faculty members. The last part of the day, was a mock lecture by a professor and a tour of the school.

Anyone who got an II and sent in their preferred date get a confirmation email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Choices were 10/20 and 10/22. Exciting! :)

Edit: LM: 66. Complete: 9/8
Hey what date and session did you pick? I p got 20/10 session
Anyone who got an II and sent in their preferred date get a confirmation email yet?

I sent it last night, but I haven't received confirmation yet.

I chose session 2 on 10/20 as first choice and 10/22 as second but have yet to receive a confirmation. Has anyone else out of state received confirmation?

I chose session 2 on 10/20 as first choice and 10/22 as second but have yet to receive a confirmation. Has anyone else out of state received confirmation?
sent at 1am PT havent gotten confirmation yet. OOS

I sent yesterday around 5 pm EST and still haven't received a confirmation

Any <30 MCAT people with interviews?

II! - 10/1

completed 9/5
heard nothing ever since
interview invite 10/1
interview dates available 10/20 (2 sessions) 10/22 (1 session)
stats: 3.5s 3.67c 31MCAT (12P 7V 12B)
OOS. CA resident
good ECs
Was 9/5 the day that you received the "supplemental application received" email?

I sent yesterday around 5 pm EST and still haven't received a confirmation
I chose 10/20 first session. I emailed them on Wednesday around 9pm. I have not received confirmation yet.

Any idea how many interviews are given related secondaries?

Submitted my secondary sept 2. Should I be worried others are getting ii and I haven't heard from them yet?

are the interviews for middletown actually at middletown or do you have to interview at the harlem campus? any of the people that got II have masters degrees or higher education?

are the interviews for middletown actually at middletown or do you have to interview at the harlem campus? any of the people that got II have masters degrees or higher education?

No idea about interview location yet (although my II said Harlem), and I do have a master's.

Does anyone know how rigid/strict they are with the LOR requirements, would it be ok to have two letters from DO and 1 science prof, as opposed to 2 science profs and 1 DO/MD?

How are they notifying of II? email?

Anyone also know if this school will silent reject if ii isn't offered?

If anyone is traveling from NYC to Middletown for interviews on the 20th please let me know!!

I sent my scheduling email to them on the 2nd (last thursday), then recieved an email friday about a database issue thier having and that they would start sending out confirmations this monday.... but i have yet to recieve any sort of confirmation

Scratch that... just got confirmation a couple minutes ago!

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't received an ii yet...complete 9/2. I'm seeing people with complete dates after me....am I dead in the water?

Anyone know how to add a university where you studied abroad? My course hours and GPA are all calculated along with my home university and are recorded on those transcripts. What do I put for my study abroad university in those sections?

Hi guys! i got my II, but I want to make sure this school is good before I confirm it. What have you heard about this campus that makes it good or bad?

Anyone on the number of LORs. I emailed the office and tried calling but no luck. What is the max number of LORs ?

Has anyone been rejected post secondary pre interview yet? If so how did they notify you?

Pretty unhappy right now. I received an email inviting me to complete the secondary, which I did and submitted the hefty $200 fee, but never received an email with any supplemental materials to submit (like the initial email said I would). Call the office and they basically told me no one there could help me and to try calling another time lol. Plus I'm pretty sure they're closed for holidays for basically the rest of this week. great

Pretty unhappy right now. I received an email inviting me to complete the secondary, which I did and submitted the hefty $200 fee, but never received an email with any supplemental materials to submit (like the initial email said I would). Call the office and they basically told me no one there could help me and to try calling another time lol. Plus I'm pretty sure they're closed for holidays for basically the rest of this week. great
Sorry to hear about that buddy. If its any consolation, it took me about 4 hours to get the second email with the secondary essay question. In case you don't receive your essay, here is the prompt so you can start working on it: "Please discuss how your background, experience, or academic program has prepared for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine's Mission, Goals or Objectives. Consider addressing a few areas: Why Osteopathic Medicine? Have your been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How have you academic background and personal experience sprepared you for medical school? How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?

Anyone on the number of LORs. I emailed the office and tried calling but no luck. What is the max number of LORs ?
I believe they only have min but no max. I submitted 7 and still got an ii. I know it is excessive but it was hard for me to decide which one not to send.

Sorry to hear about that buddy. If its any consolation, it took me about 4 hours to get the second email with the secondary essay question. In case you don't receive your essay, here is the prompt so you can start working on it: "Please discuss how your background, experience, or academic program has prepared for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine's Mission, Goals or Objectives. Consider addressing a few areas: Why Osteopathic Medicine? Have your been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How have you academic background and personal experience sprepared you for medical school? How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?

I appreciate this, thanks bud. is there a word/character limit?

and yeah I would take a 4 hour wait... 2+ weeks not so much lol.

I appreciate this, thanks bud. is there a word/character limit?

and yeah I would take a 4 hour wait... 2+ weeks not so much lol.

To answer your question, it does not explicitly tell you the limit but just this: "Please limit your responses to the space provided below."
They give you one page in the document they send you. My essay took up the whole page, and I counted 750 words or ~4800-5k characters. I'd probably use the character count because it's more objective. gl!

Has anyone else not received confirmation for scheduling an interview yet? I called yesterday but was told that the database was still down.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am so frustated here. My file was completed three weeks ago and I heard nothing ever since. It is annoying really since I already recieved invites from other schools that I sent later.