Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still watiing for both of mine as well and I was released on 10/9

Thanks! That probably means it's normal to wait a few weeks (unless it's a silent rejection but let's hope not...)

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite today! :D I sent back my preferences as fast as humanly possible. Hope they get back quickly!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone verify whether or not there is a specific complete email sent other than the online application acknowledgement from apply admissions? I received this email before I emailed the secondary application and have not heard anything since. I submitted the online application on 10/05 and the email secondary on 10/07. Should I call admissions?

I'm still watiing for both of mine as well and I was released on 10/9

I was verified 10/9 too. Still haven't heard from this school either. Getting a little worried at this point.

Can anyone verify whether or not there is a specific complete email sent other than the online application acknowledgement from apply admissions? I received this email before I emailed the secondary application and have not heard anything since. I submitted the online application on 10/05 and the email secondary on 10/07. Should I call admissions?
i would like to know this also....is there a complete email that is sent out?

\
When I called them, they said that there is not "complete" e-mail that they send to you. As long as you have everything in and you didn't hear anything about things missing, then you should be fine....but thats what the admissions lady told me when I talked to her. I wish i remembered her name but it was really hard to hear since the metro kept going by

Reactions: 1 user
did they send emails when they received your primary app?

Last edited:
:(Submitted the $200 fee 12 days ago and never received the email with the secondary prompt. Seems like they don't answer emails either, guess I'll try my luck calling today!

:(Submitted the $200 fee 12 days ago and never received the email with the secondary prompt. Seems like they don't answer emails either, guess I'll try my luck calling today!

I hope you have better luck than I did. the same thing happened to me. it took 4 emails and 5 phone calls over a few weeks to eventually receive the materials. good luck!

There is a separate email sent out verifying that they received the email secondary. It also states that your application will be reviewed once your letters of recommendation are received and that no further action is necessary if you have already submitted your LORs. I just received this email today after emailing the secondary on 10/07 so it looks like they are a little behind this month (due to the holidays probably).

Hoping for an II at the Middletown campus! I'm really happy they have an option outside of the city

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, my primary was released to both touro-ca and touro-nyc two weeks ago and I haven't received a secondary from either school... Is it normal? Should I contact them?

I have an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution and already got rejected from one school purely because of that (even though my prereqs were done here) so I'm getting really worried...
I just received my secondaries for here.

I
Just received mine for touro nyc as well. Seems like almost all info from the primary has to be retyped...

I received mine as well, but I did not get the follow up email yet with the additional secondary parts.

I

I received mine as well, but I did not get the follow up email yet with the additional secondary parts.

I was about to post something similar but then I got an email with the additional parts. I'd wait a few more hours/until tomorrow, if I were you.

have an ii here...so pumped! can anyone describe the interview process here?

Last edited:
Just got an ii here...so pumped! can anyone describe the interview process here?
Congrats yanks! I'm rooting for your Touro-CA interview to go well an break the waitlist streak.
I also submitted my secondary to touro-ny last week, just in case my news at Western and marian don't go well haha.
#neuroticism

Anyone know what the interview to acceptance rate is here?

Reactions: 1 users
I was verified 10/9 too. Still haven't heard from this school either. Getting a little worried at this point.
I was verified two days ago and received the secondary today. Maybe you should call and see whats going on?

I think Touro sent out secondary in a whole batch. Also received my secondary today but was verified last week. If you haven't received a secondary but was verified before me, you should definitely give them a call.

Anyone know what the interview to acceptance rate is here?
No one can really say, this cycle is already vastly different.

Before Touro-com NY would heavily pre-screen, such that if you got a secondary you were pretty much gauranteed an ii. This cycle they seem to be giving secondaries to everyone, much like other schools.

II 10/23. Complete last month around the 24th. I was surprised it took that long. Anyone can offer me advice on where to stay in new york?

No one can really say, this cycle is already vastly different.

Before Touro-com NY would heavily pre-screen, such that if you got a secondary you were pretty much gauranteed an ii. This cycle they seem to be giving secondaries to everyone, much like other schools.

Seems like this wouldn't matter much to interviewees. Even if they're giving out more secondaries I doubt they're greatly increasing the number of interviewed applicants.

On another note...they're interviewing at Harlem for both ny campuses right? So 250ish seats in total?

Seems like this wouldn't matter much to interviewees. Even if they're giving out more secondaries I doubt they're greatly increasing the number of interviewed applicants.

On another note...they're interviewing at Harlem for both ny campuses right? So 250ish seats in total?

I actually had my interview at Middletown 4 days ago. Harlem was an option though if I were to choose November interview dates.

II today, supplemental received 8/29, supplemental submitted 9/30, complete email came 10/13
3.4/32 - thankfully staying with a current student.
how long did it take for people to get confirmation of their interview date?
also interview dates are available throughout November (my choices ranged from nov 3-nov 24)

II today, supplemental received 8/29, supplemental submitted 9/30, complete email came 10/13
3.4/32 - thankfully staying with a current student.
how long did it take for people to get confirmation of their interview date?
also interview dates are available throughout November (my choices ranged from nov 3-nov 24)

I also got an interview today! I'm about to send my email in for preferences. Hopefully they let us know early next week which date lol.

I actually had my interview at Middletown 4 days ago. Harlem was an option though if I were to choose November interview dates.
How was the middletown interview? I have my interview there on Nov 3rd!!

How was the middletown interview? I have my interview there on Nov 3rd!!
It was a 20 minute interview with 2 admissions people. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. But, still be prepared. It's open file so they're going to blast questions at you from your secondary plus the typical questions for DO schools.

It was a 20 minute interview with 2 admissions people. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. But, still be prepared. It's open file so they're going to blast questions at you from your secondary plus the typical questions for DO schools.
do you like the school? how many ppl were in your interview group?

I known I'm late in the cycle. Have 25 and 3.9. With the 200 fee idk if I should submit the Secondary

do you like the school? how many ppl were in your interview group?

I think there was 12-16 of us. Not too sure, I didn't count. I liked the school, personally. The school is a transformed old hospital, so pretty organized. A little creepy, but not that bad.

I think there was 12-16 of us. Not too sure, I didn't count. I liked the school, personally. The school is a transformed old hospital, so pretty organized. A little creepy, but not that bad.
How was the town in general? On my secondary I put "both, prefer Harlem" as a campus choice, and now have an interview at Middletown hah. Kinda worried it's a bit too isolated to maintain sanity, and if my boyfriend can find work up there.

How was the town in general? On my secondary I put "both, prefer Harlem" as a campus choice, and now have an interview at Middletown hah. Kinda worried it's a bit too isolated to maintain sanity, and if my boyfriend can find work up there.

Yeah..it's pretty boring of a town. I'm just happy there was a Starbucks, chipotle, panera bread and some other familiar stuff by the freeway about 5 miles away from the school.

Also, their traffic lights were on wires. ..wires! I was a little nervous about that when there were bouts of wind. Definitely an old town. Btw, I wouldn't worry too much about your bf finding a job. It's going off to a school for your career..loved ones will be left behind momentarily.

Yeah..it's pretty boring of a town. I'm just happy there was a Starbucks, chipotle, panera bread and some other familiar stuff by the freeway about 5 miles away from the school.

Also, their traffic lights were on wires. ..wires! I was a little nervous about that when there were bouts of wind. Definitely an old town. Btw, I wouldn't worry too much about your bf finding a job. It's going off to a school for your career..loved ones will be left behind momentarily.
Ah, Panera and Chipotle are definitely a necessity. Well I guess if I really love the school the area is just a slight annoyance for only 2 years hah. Although I was born and raised in Florida, so the weather will be a bit of a change for me lol.

Hey how do you know it's at Middletown? Did it say in the invitation or the conformation?

Hey how do you know it's at Middletown? Did it say in the invitation or the conformation?
Both. This is the first sentence from the invitation:
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we are pleased to invite you to interview at the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine campus in Middletown, NY to be considered for the Fall 2015 entering class."

Last edited:
Anyone who has successfully interviewed here - what do you think contributed towards your success? I should be interviewing in mid-November and would like to really do well here as I think they provide a lot of the underserved experiences I am looking for... any help is appreciated, thanks!

Just received an II. Can anyone who already interviewed comment on how their day was?

Just received an II. Can anyone who already interviewed comment on how their day was?

I interviewed at Harlem.

We started off with a financial workshop, followed by a short session with the dean of the school. Then we were given more information about the school, logistics of interviewing, timeline of getting accepted and deposit etc. If you were in the morning group, we then split up into about 3 or 4 groups (there were about 15 of us total) where each group was interviewed by a different pair of faculty/faculty and administrator. We took turns interviewing, so you wait while others are interviewed. If you were in the afternoon group, you were led to the clicker session, which didn't happen for us since I guess the technology wasn't set up, so they just had somebody talk about the curriculum and answer more questions. The morning group was then given a student-led tour and the afternoon group went off to their interviews.

All in all, it was a pretty relaxed day, albeit a little disorganized (the people leading us around didn't seem to know what we were supposed to do/go to next sometimes and there was a lot of down time). The interview was very conversational, and they just seemed interested in the particular details of my activities. Prepare the why Touro, why osteopathic medicine, why Harlem questions as always. The interview duration ranges from 20-40 minutes. The school is in one building, with a small library, a dining area, a fitness room, anatomy lab, OMT classroom, and many study rooms and classrooms. Some of the space is shared with the Touro pharmacy school. The outside of the building is nondescript and blends into the Harlem neighborhood, and the inside is fairly new and renovated. All people involved in the interview day were cheerful and welcoming. The student tour guides and the students we bumped into around the school seemed to like it a lot.

Something to note: If you're in the morning group, you get some breakfast, but if you're in the afternoon group, you don't get lunch until after everything is done. So eat something beforehand, and don't rely on having lunch at the school.

Transportation tips: The 3 takes you about a block away from the interview site. However, give yourself 10 minutes after exiting the subway for finding the place. If getting to LaGuardia afterwards, it's extremely convenient to take the M60 bus, which runs along 125th St, if you have a MTA card.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Received a II today. The dates they listed are next week so it was alarming to have such a short notice
29 (PS: 9 VR: 8 BS: 12), graduate GPA: 3.53, undergrad GPA: 3.59

Did my graduate work in NYC and have a lot of community service with the Harlem community. Really wanna get back up there! Good luck to everyone waiting!

oh and I was complete on 9/8

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
People who have interviewed or are interviewing at Harlem, do you know any good hotels that are close to the school? Has anyone been to the "Aloft Harlem" that's advertised at the end of the interview instructions pdf?

II!
Received a II today. The dates they listed are next week so it was alarming to have such a short notice
29 (PS: 9 VR: 8 BS: 12), graduate GPA: 3.53, undergrad GPA: 3.59

Did my graduate work in NYC and have a lot of community service with the Harlem community. Really wanna get back up there! Good luck to everyone waiting!

oh and I was complete on 9/8
Same here! Submitted on 9/12. 10/9/10 MCAT, 3.67 GPA.

People who have interviewed or are interviewing at Harlem, do you know any good hotels that are close to the school? Has anyone been to the "Aloft Harlem" that's advertised at the end of the interview instructions pdf?

The Aloft is a somewhat higher-end hotel whose only redeeming factor is that it's right next to the school; it's more expensive than a lot of hotels closer to downtown and there's not really any good food options IMO (unless you're fine with McDonald's and White Castle.) I'm somewhat familiar with NYC so I opted to stay closer to the Times Square area. Have nothing but good things to say about the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square near 50th St.

I have an interview in Middletown on Nov 17... can anyone suggest any hotels for me please?