Touro Nevada (TUNCOM) or Pacific Northwest Univeristy (PNWU)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpole

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some opinions on these two schools. If you could attend one of these two, which would you pick and why? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Touro for me, mainly because I have a family. Good public schools (I'll have 2 in elementary next year, and #3 going in the year after), cheap cost of living, nicer climate (in my opinion), Henderson is ranked one of the safest communities in the US, AND.....probably the most important for me, is that clinical rotations can all be done in the Henderson/Vegas area, meaning we wouldn't have to move again. I was offered an interview at PNWU and ended up canceling it because I had an acceptance to somewhere I wouldn't have to move around for 3rd/4th year. I was just offered an interview at Touro NV, and am JUMPING at the chance! In reality, it'll all depend on what your goals are and what you like/don't like!

Thanks! Nevada definitely seems like an excellent choice!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would pick Nevada simply because I wouldn't want to hassle myself with moving in the middle of med school and Vegas is probably closer to the school than Seattle and with tons of things to do.