Touro-NY Middletown vs. Harlem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtremewishes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Seeing as we can only select one campus location on the secondary, I was wondering if anyone has any input on the pros/cons of each campus location. The website has barely any information on the differences between the two. Is it really just a matter of where you want to be located? Any current students have feedback? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year at Middletown. The truth is that in med school you don't have a lot of free time so the location and all that doesn't matter all that much. Honestly I really like Middletown. It's a kind of middle of nowhere sort of city but there are many restaurants, stores, apartment complexes, malls, bars, gyms, etc. and all kinds of things to do if you are looking for that. It's obviously not as busy as Harlem, but I prefer that. It's also upstate NY so it's not too far from hiking trails, bike paths, and so on. The school itself is brand new (just became a school 3 years ago) and it's very nice! I don't know about Harlem, but Middletown faculty is wonderful! The entire community at the school here is really great overall. Everyone is nice and willing to help. Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a first year at Middletown. The truth is that in med school you don't have a lot of free time so the location and all that doesn't matter all that much. Honestly I really like Middletown. It's a kind of middle of nowhere sort of city but there are many restaurants, stores, apartment complexes, malls, bars, gyms, etc. and all kinds of things to do if you are looking for that. It's obviously not as busy as Harlem, but I prefer that. It's also upstate NY so it's not too far from hiking trails, bike paths, and so on. The school itself is brand new (just became a school 3 years ago) and it's very nice! I don't know about Harlem, but Middletown faculty is wonderful! The entire community at the school here is really great overall. Everyone is nice and willing to help. Let me know if you have any more questions :)
Thanks so much! That's very helpful, I ended up preferencing Middletown. Seems like it's easier in terms of rotations too, as I've read that commuting at the Harlem campus can be time consuming. Also glad to hear that the town offers a robust amount of activities for students :)