Touro NY vs UNT Med Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOisit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is better? Touro grantees acceptance into medical school with a 3.5. However, they have a curve. UNT--as I understand, they don't have a curve. So wouldn't that be better? However, they don't have a guarantee acceptance. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that a lot of smart people go into the UNT one. The Touro one, I think, has a lot weaker students. NY has a lot of SMP and the Touro one belongs to the lowest school. for example, a lot of people in the UNT go to Southwestern, A&M, Baylor, etc. By contrast, everyone in the Touro one goes to Touro. So, woulden't the Touro one be easier? Because they have weaker students? If I go to the UNT one, I'll have to get a really high GPA to have a chance. So if I get a 3.5 at UNT, I might not get into med school, and then I'll regret turning down Touro because I would have been a doctor. But if I screw up Touro, I suppose I can always got to UNT. I can just say, the cold weather made me sick, etc. and I think UNT will give me a chance, next year.

Is this correct?

Thank you so much