Touro Univeristy - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted! Hopeful because I was raised not too far from Vallejo.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure how long the responses should be to the question "Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine?" Like a full blown essay, or a paragraph or two???? theres no limit. I'm leaning to the paragraph or two.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure how long the responses should be to the question "Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine?" Like a full blown essay, or a paragraph or two???? theres no limit. I'm leaning to the paragraph or two.
There is a limit. 250 words or less for that prompt.

I just got my secondary this morning.

Received an email just now saying application complete

Secondary question:

For the Academic Record section, did you separate the GPA for each school? And did you go off your transcript GPA/units or the information calculated by AACOMAS? Also, did you actually upload transcripts? I am thinking not, since it is optional, but it seems like this section is more geared towards those not applying through CAS - like other programs.

Has anyone else not received their secondary? I got an email on June 25th saying touro received my primary, but it's been quiet ever since. I wonder if they're just swamped or if I'm gonna get rejected.
I received an e-mail June 26th and I'm nearing my 14th day with still no word of a secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary question:

For the Academic Record section, did you separate the GPA for each school? And did you go off your transcript GPA/units or the information calculated by AACOMAS? Also, did you actually upload transcripts? I am thinking not, since it is optional, but it seems like this section is more geared towards those not applying through CAS - like other programs.
I separated them out. Yeah this application was annoying. I just filled out everything possible but so much of it was repetitive from AACOMAS.

When were you verified? And how many days after the first e-mail did you wait?

I was verified back in mid-May and received the first email on 6/25. Secondary received 14 days after the first email, but there was a holiday thrown in there.

I had spoken to admissions about it, and they do screen for secondaries.

I was verified back in mid-May and received the first email on 6/25. Secondary received 14 days after the first email, but there was a holiday thrown in there.

I had spoken to admissions about it, and they do screen for secondaries.
Yeah I've heard that they screen. I was verified 6/17 and received the first e-mail 6/26. I also forgot to take into account the holiday weekend. Hopefully next week then.

I thought they dont have secondary essay until I opened the word document ahhhhhhh.....................

Yea I got it this morning. Oh man.. I am going to be sooooooo busy this weekend doing secondaries.... like this is insane.

Spent a lot of time on this today - but submitted!

lol Post-Secondary Academic Institutions means college right?

i've never seen college referred to as this

I've never understood why secondaries ask you what colleges you have attended. It says in our primary!

Although I dont think many secondaries ask this question. How many have you guys seen that ask which colleges you have attended?

I think RVU does. That might be the only other DO secondary I've done that has asked this.

are you guys just typing your answers under the questions you downloaded? I find it way easier to read if I change all the answers to a red font and type my responses in black. Would it be a bad idea to upload the final thing like that?

are you guys just typing your answers under the questions you downloaded? I find it way easier to read if I change all the answers to a red font and type my responses in black. Would it be a bad idea to upload the final thing like that?

I did it like that, but bolded the prompts.

I separated them out. Yeah this application was annoying. I just filled out everything possible but so much of it was repetitive from AACOMAS.

By "separated them out" do you mean that you listed the cGPA for just the classes of each individual school? Or your overall cGPA for all schools while your were at each institution? I think I'm overthinking this :oops:

Also--what do we put for "degree expected date" if we aren't seeking a degree for the university? I tried 00/0000 and it gave me an error.

By "separated them out" do you mean that you listed the cGPA for just the classes of each individual school? Or your overall cGPA for all schools while your were at each institution? I think I'm overthinking this :oops:
I put the GPA I obtained from each school. School 1 31 credits 3.67 GPA School 2 79 credits 3.72 GPA

Reactions: 1 users
How are you handling the letters of recommendation? Are you giving Touro the writers' info so they can get email them to Touro or sending them through interfolio?

There doesnt seem to be an option to do it through AACOMAS directly...

Sigh... i've been hearing bad things about this school. Would be nice if a current med school student could come in here and talk to us.

How are you handling the letters of recommendation? Are you giving Touro the writers' info so they can get email them to Touro or sending them through interfolio?

There doesnt seem to be an option to do it through AACOMAS directly...

Mine were attached to my aacomas app and my secondary is complete.

The secondary invite email showed that they had received all of my letters and accounted for my prereqs.

I applied here last year. Was accepted and will be starting in August. If I can be of any assistance feel to direct a question towards me in this thread.

For those probably wondering...I was complete early july, submitted completed secondary mid/late july, and was offered ii mid september.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I applied here last year. Was accepted and will be starting in August. If I can be of any assistance feel to direct a question towards me in this thread.

For those probably wondering...I was complete early july, submitted completed secondary mid/late july, and was offered ii early september.
What is the tuition for Touro? And about how much would you say living expenses cost in this area per year?

I just received the e-mail invite for the secondary application and on the e-mail it says I'm missing the required courses and that they have not received my LoRs. However, when they list the requirements and letters, they are followed by Yes. In this format:

• Biology Lab and Lecture (8 semester units): Yes
  • General Chemistry Lab and Lecture (8 semester units): Yes
  • Organic Chemistry Lab and Lecture (8 semester units): Yes
  • Physics Lab and Lecture (8 semester units): Yes
And for LoRs:
  • Letter of Recommendation from a Physician (DO or MD): Yes
  • Science Letter #1: Yes
  • Science Letter #2: Yes
Does this mean I did fulfill the requirements or should I contact them? I have completed all the class requirements and my letters are on AACOMAS.

I just received the e-mail invite for the secondary application and on the e-mail it says I'm missing the required courses and that they have not received my LoRs. However, when they list the requirements and letters, they are followed by Yes. In this format:

And for LoRs:
Does this mean I did fulfill the requirements or should I contact them? I have completed all the class requirements and my letters are on AACOMAS.

Email Lynn huckle...she's pretty prompt in getting back.

And for LoRs:

Re read it- are you sure it doesn't say have/have not?

Hi all-

Do they wait to send supplemental application until all letters are received?

Thank you

I got the secondary but where the heck are the essays? I'm having trouble finding them?!

Application complete email this afternoon.

I got the secondary but where the heck are the essays? I'm having trouble finding them?!

Look under "TUC Supplemental Questions."

You download two word docs, fill them in, and upload.

Application complete email this afternoon.

Look under "TUC Supplemental Questions."

You download two word docs, fill them in, and upload.

Does this appear after we pay and submit? Because i have nothing on my application page that sys TUC Supplemental Questions. I only filled out the PDF asking about post-secondary info. Kinda freaking out heree...

I created a new account just to see if this "TUC Supplemental Questions" label popped up on the side but it hasn't. arrrghhh this is frustrating. I have the email from Touro-CA saying I was invited to complete a secondary but wth man.