Touro Univeristy - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+5 getting an invite anywhere is a serious accomplishment in itself. Congrats to everyone with IIs. Anyone who hasn't already mind sharing their stats?

Members don't see this ad.

+5 getting an invite anywhere is a serious accomplishment in itself. Congrats to everyone with IIs. Anyone who hasn't already mind sharing their stats?
I was complete on July 20 and didn't get an II until last week. Best of luck to all of u! I

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/10. Today marks 5 weeks. Crossing my fingers for an II this week!

When you guys scheduled your interview, how long did it take to get an email confirmation?

Complete 8/17, II this morning. They ask that you call to schedule and it seems they have tons of dates left so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Just decided to add this school on my AACOMAS application. Am I still considered early or in the middle of the pack right now?

Does anyone know if the admissions committee for CA also sees the NY supplemental and vis versa? Some of the language I am using is the same ...but only because well, it's the truth.

"This confirms receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the faculty review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision."

Anyone know how true they stay to the 4-6 week deadline? It's been 6 weeks exactly, but still no II/rejection.

"This confirms receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the faculty review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision."

Anyone know how true they stay to the 4-6 week deadline? It's been 6 weeks exactly, but still no II/rejection.
I've been complete here since 7/20 and have heard nothing since. There was not a mention of 4-6 weeks in my completion email though. I am assuming either silent rejection or I have been stuck on the "review again later" pile

Members don't see this ad :)

Are you referring to the correct school? My completion emails says,

"All required materials for your TUCOM CA applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review. We operate on a rolling admissions cycle, which means candidates with complete files are continuously reviewed and invited to interview as needed. Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview you will be notified via email. Please note that invitations to interview may be sent at any time up until the end of the interview process, anticipated for the middle or end of May."

This looks like the complete email for Touro-NV, not CA.

Are you referring to the correct school? My completion emails says,

"All required materials for your TUCOM CA applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review. We operate on a rolling admissions cycle, which means candidates with complete files are continuously reviewed and invited to interview as needed. Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview you will be notified via email. Please note that invitations to interview may be sent at any time up until the end of the interview process, anticipated for the middle or end of May."

I had the same as this ^, which is definitely more disconcerting haha.

This looks like the complete email for Touro-NV, not CA.

I had the same as this ^, which is definitely more disconcerting haha.

I assumed the "Please anticipate four to six weeks" complete email from [email protected] was actually from Touro-CA since I also received a different complete email explicitly addressed from Touro-NV stating "Please anticipate four weeks for review...we will contact you within a month from this email."

Either way, my app is probably still under review. Sigh.

How did ya'll refer to this school in your secondaries? Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine? or Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California ?

How big will the 2016 entering class size be?

Is the curriculum still systems based?

Lastly, how much anatomy can I take at the school. I heard there is 1 year of mandatory anatomy and then another year of anatomy that I can take as an elective?

How are the matching rates of your choice?

How are the match rates in staying in California?

Last edited:
How did ya'll refer to this school in your secondaries? Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine? or Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California ?

TUC-COM. Saves space!

For the question "Have you previously applied to a Touro program?*", if I've applied to Touro NY but not Touro CA (or Touro NV), do I still indicate "yes"?
I'm assuming this question doesn't mean that it's school specific.

Does anyone know if this state is friendly to OSS applicants?

Can anyone post the instructions to the secondary please?

Going on my tenth week since being marked complete and still haven't heard anything, while others who were complete after me are getting interviews. Should I consider this a rejection?

Going on my tenth week since being marked complete and still haven't heard anything, while others who were complete after me are getting interviews. Should I consider this a rejection?

At the very least they put you in the low priority pile but it isn't over till they actually reject you.

II today! A rejection at RVU-COM and II's for both CA schools...its been an eventful week.

The email is timestamped 3:51 pm

So it took about 12 weeks to hear back? That's pretty reassuring. I was complete July 28th so should I take this to mean that I should hear within the next week or so? (assuming anything about med school admissions was consistent)

So it took about 12 weeks to hear back? That's pretty reassuring. I was complete July 28th so should I take this to mean that I should hear within the next week or so? (assuming anything about med school admissions was consistent)

Ugh, that means I should expect a response in November? That's pretty long.

I'm not sure you can say that. This is a totally different phase of the cycle. It might be a comparable amount of time, it might not.

lol, it may even be worst if the late July people have just started getting IIs. Maybe I'll hear something next year.

Complete 10/7
Sitting here like ....:whistle:
I'm going to guess I'll hear back by Jan. It'll either be a very happy new year or a very dismal one..

Just cancelled my interview on the 12th, so if anyone's looking for an earlier date there might be a spot open!

Hi guys, did you choose "first-year professional student" or "new graduate student" on your secondary on your "academic plan" session, the part they write "entering as"? (For DO program of course)

Hi guys, did you choose "first-year professional student" or "new graduate student" on your secondary on your "academic plan" session, the part they write "entering as"? (For DO program of course)
I do not remember. Seems like first year professional student

II on October 19th (Monday). I chose a cheaper room and ended up getting an extra queen bed; I'm open to sharing my room with another interviewee!

How big will the 2016 entering class size be?

Class size is ~135 every year.

Is the curriculum still systems based?

Yes, this is how the systems were broken up when I was at Touro:
1st semester: Basic Science (Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology), Hematology/Oncology
2nd semester: Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Renal
3rd semester: Neurology, Psychiatry, Musculoskeletal
4th semester: GI, Endocrine, Reproductive, Dermatology, Pediatrics

Lastly, how much anatomy can I take at the school. I heard there is 1 year of mandatory anatomy and then another year of anatomy that I can take as an elective?

Anatomy is systems based like all of the curriculum, so you actually have anatomy throughout the entire first two years of school. You can also take an advanced anatomy elective if you so wish but it's not required and it's held after hours.

How are the matching rates of your choice?

I'm assuming you mean matching rates to the specialty of your choice. Touro doesn't publish this data but from my experience most everyone gets the specialty they want unless they of course apply for something they're not competitive enough/borderline for.

How are the match rates in staying in California?

44% of our graduates stay in California for residency.

Just as a side note, the actual official name of the school is Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California.

Reactions: 2 users