Touro University CA ---interview chance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tybidn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I turned in my suppl. application to them on Jan 5th ( deadline ) . Today-Jan 19th 2010- i got the mail of receipt postmarked Jan 14th 2010.
I wonder any chance they call me . I see Touro they work on admission process by mail only, no call and no emails.
Are they using rolling basis process, if so i think those people who turned in suppl.application will have the late chance to get the invitation if they are qualified.

I want to get any experience out there.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure you have a chance. the deadline was not Jan 5th. the deadline for the supplemental essay is in April.
I sent mine in Feb last year and got interviewed in May and got accepted 2 weeks later. don't worry

I turned in my suppl. application to them on Jan 5th ( deadline ) . Today-Jan 19th 2010- i got the mail of receipt postmarked Jan 14th 2010.
I wonder any chance they call me . I see Touro they work on admission process by mail only, no call and no emails.
Are they using rolling basis process, if so i think those people who turned in suppl.application will have the late chance to get the invitation if they are qualified.

I want to get any experience out there.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sure you have a chance. the deadline was not Jan 5th. the deadline for the supplemental essay is in April.
I sent mine in Feb last year and got interviewed in May and got accepted 2 weeks later. don't worry

Thank Buddy,

I got the invitation for interview on Sat Jan 23. So i need to call them to schedule.
Any advice to me on the interview like: review, attitude during the interview...i'm nervous cuz some body told me there is a group discussion and essay 45 mins

I have an interview coming up for Touro university. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to prepare for the interview...any books that were helpful. Strategy on how to prep for the essay question. Thanks

I was offered and declined admission because I decided I wanted to move back closer to home. If you have a question about the school or interview, I'll try to help.

Thank you so much !

I sent you prvt msg but i dont know if they reach you or not.
Anyway, could you advise me how to prepare for the interview effectively based on Toure requirements?

tybidb

What date do you interview??

How did the interviews go on Feb 4...anyone? How many spots are left??

Guys does any one know if the supplemental essay required by Touro University has to be different from the pharmcas essay submitted ??

Guys does any one know if the supplemental essay required by Touro University has to be different from the pharmcas essay submitted ??

Not Touro, but most others ,they require applications personalize their s.a
like how you stand out as an individual. or beside the academic background, what you have to be a good pharmacist student at their schools.
Dont worry they mostly give you questions when you get the invitation for s.a

i was rejected. sorry i can't help.good luck to u.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi tieungao35

I am sorry to hear this but try to keep your hope up. Even if the worst are to come, there is always some good news around the corner. I have a friend of mine who was rejected from pharmacy school for two years. Although this might be a sad story but to him, he was happy. In that two years after earning his degree, he was lucky to get a job as a pharmacy tech. In 1 year, he was promoted to project manager working at various hospital with various pharmacy directors and executives across California. Although the pay is not as high as a pharmacist, he earned a lifetime experience that no others can get. To him, he told me that this is an opportunity to work with various hospital pharmacy. He will be applying this year again and hopefully luck can be with him. I hope you the best of luck too.

So far...no school has accept me yet but no matter what the outcome might be, I will always choose pharmacy as a career. :)

Hi tieungao35

I am sorry to hear this but try to keep your hope up. Even if the worst are to come, there is always some good news around the corner. I have a friend of mine who was rejected from pharmacy school for two years. Although this might be a sad story but to him, he was happy. In that two years after earning his degree, he was lucky to get a job as a pharmacy tech. In 1 year, he was promoted to project manager working at various hospital with various pharmacy directors and executives across California. Although the pay is not as high as a pharmacist, he earned a lifetime experience that no others can get. To him, he told me that this is an opportunity to work with various hospital pharmacy. He will be applying this year again and hopefully luck can be with him. I hope you the best of luck too.

So far...no school has accept me yet but no matter what the outcome might be, I will always choose pharmacy as a career. :)

Soo Im guessing maybe there are no spots left...any idea anyone?

I am so sorry tieungao35! Don't worry... APPLY AGAIN! And make sure you contact the schools you applied to to ask what you can do to strengthen your app for next cycle!

To everyone else- why do you think there aren't any spots left open? Did someone post something about this that I missed? Eek!

I am so sorry tieungao35! Don't worry... APPLY AGAIN! And make sure you contact the schools you applied to to ask what you can do to strengthen your app for next cycle!

To everyone else- why do you think there aren't any spots left open? Did someone post something about this that I missed? Eek!

If Touro is accepting interviews then there should be spots still left open. The website mentions they don't interview for just waitlist spots.

I'm pretty sure there are still open spots. I'm a High Alternate. According to the letter they sent me, the interviews will end late May or early June. It is then when they will start pulling people off the waitlist.

I'm pretty sure there are still open spots. I'm a High Alternate. According to the letter they sent me, the interviews will end late May or early June. It is then when they will start pulling people off the waitlist.

Hey lakersfanpharmd! Did you mean interviews or decision letters will end in late May or early June? I'm only asking because on Touro's website it says that interviews are held through April. If you don't mind, could you please check your letter again? I would LOVE it if you are right though! :love:

Hey lakersfanpharmd! Did you mean interviews or decision letters will end in late May or early June? I'm only asking because on Touro's website it says that interviews are held through April. If you don't mind, could you please check your letter again? I would LOVE it if you are right though! :love:
Yeah, I believe the interviews end around April, then they start pulling people from the waitlist starting in late May. The letter says they will send updates to waitlist people in "late May to early June" after the interviews are over. Best of luck to you!

Yeah, I believe the interviews end around April, then they start pulling people from the waitlist starting in late May. The letter says they will send updates to waitlist people in "late May to early June" after the interviews are over. Best of luck to you!

I scheduled my interview today for 03/02! Hooray! Thanks for clarifying that for me! The good news for you is that I have heard numerous times that high alternates have a great chance of being accepted over the summer, so you'll most likely get in... Is Touro your first choice school?

I scheduled my interview today for 03/02! Hooray! Thanks for clarifying that for me! The good news for you is that I have heard numerous times that high alternates have a great chance of being accepted over the summer, so you'll most likely get in... Is Touro your first choice school?
You know, I really hope you and everyone else is right about the High Alternates. I have been waitlisted or hold for all my CA schools, and it's been killing me that I haven't been accepted yet...at this point, every school is my top choice. Anyways, congratulations to you, and make sure you read the Touro interview feedback on this site, and practice mock interviews.

You know, I really hope you and everyone else is right about the High Alternates. I have been waitlisted or hold for all my CA schools, and it's been killing me that I haven't been accepted yet...at this point, every school is my top choice. Anyways, congratulations to you, and make sure you read the Touro interview feedback on this site, and practice mock interviews.

OMG, every CA school? Well, the good way to look at it is that at least none rejected you! I'm sure you'll get in to at least one of them. That way, you can say that you got in to your top choice school! :) Thanks for the tips! I'm going to re-review the feedback now, but as for mock interviews... Do you mean have friends/family ask the questions to me from the feedback? Haha, sorry, it's my first interview!

Last edited:
OMG, every CA school? Well, the good way to look at it is that at least none rejected you! I'm sure you'll get in to at least one of them. That way, you can say that you go in to your top choice school! :) Thanks for the tips! I'm going to re-review the feedback now, but as for mock interviews... Do you mean have friends/family ask the questions to me from the feedback? Haha, sorry, it's my first interview!
Thanks for your encouraging words. For the mock interviews, friends and families is ok, but you will already feel comfortable with them. You should also try your school counselors, and pharmacists who may act more "professional" (I did a mock with my friend, and he just made me laugh the whole time). I asked a pharmacist from my local CVS. I did not even know him. It was good experience. I'm sure any local pharmacist or pharm student will be willing to help you out.

this is kinda silly question: is it too late to submit my supplemental application? I have everything (LOR, update transcript) done except for this supp. part.
Thank you

Thanks for your encouraging words. For the mock interviews, friends and families is ok, but you will already feel comfortable with them. You should also try your school counselors, and pharmacists who may act more "professional" (I did a mock with my friend, and he just made me laugh the whole time). I asked a pharmacist from my local CVS. I did not even know him. It was good experience. I'm sure any local pharmacist or pharm student will be willing to help you out.

Gotcha. Thanks lakersfan! I work at Walgreens right now and I know that my pharmacists want me to succeed so I'll probably ask one of them for help. You're right though... If I have my husband read me the questions, I know for a fact I'm going to crack up at him. He's just silly/funny all the time. Anyhow, thanks for all of your advice/help and I wish you the best of luck! Keep me (and everyone else posted) as the news develops!

this is kinda silly question: is it too late to submit my supplemental application? I have everything (LOR, update transcript) done except for this supp. part.
Thank you

Hey nng! Did Touro already send you their supplemental application? (They send theirs out by invite only.) But if you already have it, I'd say SEND IT IN! One of my coworkers just sent his in yesterday, so I don't think it's too late! Good luck!

wow really, so I will send it in. I got the invite 2 months ago, but still don't know how to answer the "what is the future challenges of pharmacist" and I had several things going on lately, so I really regret fot delaying the process. But thanks a lot for encouraging.
do you know how long their interview will last?
Thanks

Hey, congrats on getting your interview invite. Did you get the notification via e-mail or US mail? I submitted my supplemental at beginning of Jan and I am still waiting...

Hey, congrats on getting your interview invite. Did you get the notification via e-mail or US mail? I submitted my supplemental at beginning of Jan and I am still waiting...

Hey checkerbeary! I read on the other Touro thread that you just scheduled your interview too, so good luck! My interview was yesterday and it was overall a very pleasant experience and you will do well I'm sure!

Hello my friends,

Is there anyone know about interview questions and essay for touro school? I have invited for interview. I don't know how to prepare and so exciting.

help me
Myat