Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you sure touro gives you the 1500 to sit for the naplex? My sister emailed admissions about this and Steve davis said touro did not. students would need to fill those hours independently because schools are only allowed 600 hours. Maybe the new curriculum is different ? but he hasn't updated me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the process goes, but don't give up hope! Send the admission office your updated transcripts, letters of intent, or maybe even additional recommendation letters to let them know you're still interested. I spoke with a couple of Touro students who said they weren't accepted until June/July. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your encouraging words. I absolutely positively want to go to Touro and will do the above following. Just haven't had the time yet. Would be awesome to see you in person if I do get accepted and see who really is the person behind the alias hehe.

Are you sure touro gives you the 1500 to sit for the naplex? My sister emailed admissions about this and Steve davis said touro did not. students would need to fill those hours independently because schools are only allowed 600 hours. Maybe the new curriculum is different ? but he hasn't updated me.

I am sure Touro gives 1500 hours. My sister is a p4 there. ;) It was implemented a year ago, or something to that extent.

I am told Northstate allows you to get 1600 hours total by the time you graduate, which is 100 hours more than needed. o.o

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your encouraging words. I absolutely positively want to go to Touro and will do the above following. Just haven't had the time yet. Would be awesome to see you in person if I do get accepted and see who really is the person behind the alias hehe.

i read from a few pages back that you were from the 3/29 interview? i was too! any way, i remember they said that they don't look into the waitlist until june, so hang in there!

I finally got my interview scheduled today!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my Choice was either Thursday April 26 or Thursday May 3! I am set for April 26! I rather take the earlier spot , I think I will have more chances since they will most likely make decisions before the next interview date in may!!!
And I found out that May 3rd is the last available day they have for interview.
Anyone for April 26 here?

I am sure Touro gives 1500 hours. My sister is a p4 there. ;) It was implemented a year ago, or something to that extent.

I am told Northstate allows you to get 1600 hours total by the time you graduate, which is 100 hours more than needed. o.o

Thanks for clearing that up. It was making me nervous about attending touro. I also looked to see if there was an official doc to make me feel even better lol. I found the handbook updated in oct 2011. Look on the bottom of page 11! Yay!

http://cop.tu.edu/_resources/documents/TUCOP_STUDENT_HANDBOOK_2011_v6.pdf

i read from a few pages back that you were from the 3/29 interview? i was too! any way, i remember they said that they don't look into the waitlist until june, so hang in there!

:eek: I might know you! I also recognized 2 people during our Touro interview at Northstate too. Were you one of those accepted? if so congratulations! Now u got me curious as to who u are haha. (Are u from Oregon?). We can talk in private if u want to remain anon.

:eek: I might know you! I also recognized 2 people during our Touro interview at Northstate too. Were you one of those accepted? if so congratulations! Now u got me curious as to who u are haha. (Are u from Oregon?). We can talk in private if u want to remain anon.

yeah me and the girl from hawaii was at the northstate 4/6 interview. i was the girl in a green blouse! we both got accepted to touro but i will be declining :)

Small world we live in. I still don't remember your appearance but I did see the girl from Hawaii at CNCP during lunch. You wore a green blouse during Touro? Maybe different interview group.
What school have u decided to go to?

Small world we live in. I still don't remember your appearance but I did see the girl from Hawaii at CNCP during lunch. You wore a green blouse during Touro? Maybe different interview group.
What school have u decided to go to?

yeah i'm pretty sure i was in the other interview group. i interviewed at usc in october and didn't get in until today, so i had to go to the touro interview.

yeah i'm pretty sure i was in the other interview group. i interviewed at usc in october and didn't get in until today, so i had to go to the touro interview.
Your stats must be amazing, USC is one of the best schools in California. Big congrats to you! Now that I think about it, I think I asked you your major and u said biochemistry.

Anyone on the High Alternate list? does anyone know what are the chances of getting in from the high alternate list??

My interview is on May 3rd...anyone here for that date? freaking out...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your interviews. I was just now offered an interview. I have two weeks to respond. Here's my dilemma. I've already been accepted to MCPHS which is a 3 year program that I really like and it has a long long history. I'm excited about Touro Cali too but with interviewing their so late in the process.....I wonder how seats they have available. Does anyone know how many seats are still open? Touro seems like a nice school and I've read good things about it. Does anyone have any thoughts about which school is better. I'm not sure about the extra year at Touro either... Any thoughts?

Im surprised you like MCPHS. Now I only can tell u what I heard, but the area around the school is quote "ghetto" and "feels unsafe." I also heard there are many drop outs.

I would go to Touro's interview. They dont tell you seats open but if your from california.. and want to work in california, then take the opportunity and see what unfolds.

Im surprised you like MCPHS. Now I only can tell u what I heard, but the area around the school is quote "ghetto" and "feels unsafe." I also heard there are many drop outs.

I would go to Touro's interview. They dont tell you seats open but if your from california.. and want to work in california, then take the opportunity and see what unfolds.
Yeah. I really like MCPHS. Everyone their including existing students were great! Thanks for the advice. I have some time to figure it out. I'm not planning on living in California but I would enjoy the weather. The ghetto area advice is a real problem. I'll have to look into the crime, etc. Thanks for the advice.

I just got an email asking me to schedule for an interview. How long did you wait before calling them to schedule:thumbup:
I finally got my interview scheduled today!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my Choice was either Thursday April 26 or Thursday May 3! I am set for April 26! I rather take the earlier spot , I think I will have more chances since they will most likely make decisions before the next interview date in may!!!
And I found out that May 3rd is the last available day they have for interview.
Anyone for April 26 here?

I just got an email asking me to schedule for an interview. How long did you wait before calling them to schedule:thumbup:

I actually had to change it to May 3rd. I called them few days after the email but had to call few times until i spoke with someone. I think the school was closed. I didn't wait that long...you have 2 weeks to respond anyway.

Me too! I got an email yesterday and called today to set my interview date for May 2nd. Sooooo nervous:eek::eek:

Question.. so the last day of interview for this cycle is the May 3rd date?
Also, any tips? Anything helps~~ :D

hiii!

i found a gorgeous furnished 3 bedroom house that would be 500/person about and need 2 female roomies. please pm me if youre interested.

I scheduled my interview date on May 9th. Anyone else's coming on that day :)?

My interview is may the 16th, is anyone scheduled the same day as me.
I wonder how many seats still up for grabs

I received an interview invite today. Touro's Admission is planning to do interviews throughout May. So, for those who are waiting don't give up!

Unofficially Accepted!

yeah me and the girl from hawaii was at the northstate 4/6 interview. i was the girl in a green blouse! we both got accepted to touro but i will be declining :)

sorry for budding in, i was also at both those interviews touro and northstate on 6th and 5th dont remember a green blouse. anyways i'm Pavel and I got accepted to Touro:smuggrin: waitlisted in Cali northstate. Im really thrilled to be going to Touro, my choice of preference. my question is, is there a facebook account set up tor Touro 2016 where we all can meet? i'm looking for roomates and would like to get to know the class.

sorry for budding in, i was also at both those interviews touro and northstate on 6th and 5th dont remember a green blouse. anyways i'm Pavel and I got accepted to Touro:smuggrin: waitlisted in Cali northstate. Im really thrilled to be going to Touro, my choice of preference. my question is, is there a facebook account set up tor Touro 2016 where we all can meet? i'm looking for roomates and would like to get to know the class.

Hi, congrats on your acceptance! :) this is the page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/399964380019149/

Sorry for the confusion. I was at Touro on 3/29, not the 5th. But I was at Northstate on 4/6. Lucky that you went to both in the same week! I had to travel twice :(. And congrats on your acceptance! I definitely liked Touro more than Northstate and would have been more than happy to go there. However, I got accepted to another school near home and preferred to save on loans. Some people on Northstate's forum stated that their first year loans would be 99k; that's just too insane.

If my memory is correct, I think someone posted a site commonly used by Touro students for housing.

Thank you. My interview date was on April 25.

It's official! I got the acceptance letter. :D

Congrats! I was at the April 25th interview as well and received my official acceptance yesterday. I wonder if we were in the same interview group. Anyhow, I am so excited to be attending in the fall.

Good luck to all who are still waiting/interviewing! :)

Congrats! I was at the April 25th interview as well and received my official acceptance yesterday. I wonder if we were in the same interview group. Anyhow, I am so excited to be attending in the fall.

Good luck to all who are still waiting/interviewing! :)

Thank you and congrats to you! :highfive: My interviewers were Dr. Banares and Dr. Evans and I'm the Touro MPH student. There were only 2 male students that day and I'm the big one. :nod:

Which questions did you think were the hardest for your interview group? Most of the questions I thought were to be easy; however, some of the interviewees had trouble with what is leadership, what do you think about pharma-genetics state a pro or a con, and what is your biggest failure and what did you do to overcome.

Anyways, those who are still waiting and interviewing good luck and don't give up. I applied to Touro three times: 1st no interview invite, 2nd low alternative (accepted to Touro MPH), and 3rd accepted. :soexcited:

So don't go :bang: or :boom: please. I love these similes.

Last edited:
hey so i was on Facebook trying to see whether touro had a site yet for the class of 2016. i dunno if this helps much but it shows 89 students already in the group!! which means, what? around 10 spots available or left. or possibly even less than that, considering not everyone knows about the site. eek!

I just joined the group and the count is not reliable. There are prospective students who have not joined, students who denied their acceptance to Touro who have joined, and current Touro pharm students who have joined to give information about college life and housing. So there maybe less or more than 89 students.

Thank you and congrats to you! :highfive: My interviews were Dr. Banares and Dr. Evans and I'm the Touro MPH student. There were only 2 male students that day and I'm the big one. :nod:

Which questions did you think were the hardest for your interview group? Most of the questions I thought were to be easy; however, some of the interviewees had trouble with what is leadership, what do you think about pharma-genetics state a pro or a con, and what is your biggest failure and what did you do to overcome.

Anyways, those who are still waiting and interviewing good luck and don't give up. I applied to Touro three times: 1st no interview invite, 2nd low alternative (accepted to Touro MPH), and 3rd accepted. :soexcited:

So don't go :bang: or :boom: please. I love these similes.
Thanks! I was surprised at quickly they made a decision-I remember Mr.Davis mentioning that the committee would be making a decision on May 9th..but it was a pleasant surprise cause the wait was killing me lol!

I was in the other interview group with Dr. Keplar(?) and Dr. Madden, along with a 4th year pharmacy student. I was a bit nervous going into it but I think the interviewers were extremely nice and the group setting helped calm my nerves. I don't feel like the questions were that difficult-there were many that showed up from the interview feedback section. So those of you who have an interview this week should definitely have an idea of how to respond to some of those. The questions our group were asked were why pharmacy, describe a time that you used creativity to solve a problem, what other roles does a pharmacist have, and where do you see pharmacy in 2025? Pretty basic stuff. My advice to those yet to interview-keep your answers concise and to the point. Just be yourself and let your personality shine. As long as you're genuine and show that you're passionate and knowledgeable about the profession you'll be fine. Have faith in your abilities..they clearly saw something in your app that is special, so just relax! And don't forget to smile!

I love hearing stories like yours-persistence really does pay off! Way to hang in there!:)

Best of luck to all of you still waiting! And good luck to those interviewing this week!

Btw..I was the girl you met when you first walked into the admissions area..the one with the ponytail. I know exactly who you are-MPH was a dead giveaway! Lol..the little emoticons (is that what they're called??) are so cute!

I just joined the group and the count is not reliable. There are prospective students who have not joined, students who denied their acceptance to Touro who have joined, and current Touro pharm students who have joined to give information about college life and housing. So there maybe less or more than 89 students.

oh isee. okay thanks for pointing that out!

Btw..I was the girl you met when you first walked into the admissions area..the one with the ponytail. I know exactly who you are-MPH was a dead giveaway! Lol..the little emoticons (is that what they're called??) are so cute!

Susie right?

Thanks! I was surprised at quickly they made a decision-I remember Mr.Davis mentioning that the committee would be making a decision on May 9th..but it was a pleasant surprise cause the wait was killing me lol!

I was in the other interview group with Dr. Keplar(?) and Dr. Madden, along with a 4th year pharmacy student. I was a bit nervous going into it but I think the interviewers were extremely nice and the group setting helped calm my nerves. I don't feel like the questions were that difficult-there were many that showed up from the interview feedback section. So those of you who have an interview this week should definitely have an idea of how to respond to some of those. The questions our group were asked were why pharmacy, describe a time that you used creativity to solve a problem, what other roles does a pharmacist have, and where do you see pharmacy in 2025? Pretty basic stuff. My advice to those yet to interview-keep your answers concise and to the point. Just be yourself and let your personality shine. As long as you're genuine and show that you're passionate and knowledgeable about the profession you'll be fine. Have faith in your abilities..they clearly saw something in your app that is special, so just relax! And don't forget to smile!

I love hearing stories like yours-persistence really does pay off! Way to hang in there!:)

Best of luck to all of you still waiting! And good luck to those interviewing this week!

wish i would have came on here sooner... where is this list of questions?

wish i would have came on here sooner... where is this list of questions?

Here you go :D.
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tu-ca-cop/survey/26

Even though you know how to answer these questions, I recommend practicing verbally. It helps you know if you can answer fluidly and concisely without seeming like you memorized your responses and regurgitating them, which is hard in my opinion.

Also, if a question is given out to everyone and the answer seems to be the same don't just restate it, build upon it. Show an example of how you relate to it. Showing is better than telling and it's your time to shine among the rest. However, don't take too much time; be considerate of the interviews and the interviewees time.

I hope this helps a bit. I can answer more questions if you message me. Good Luck.:luck:

P.S. The good thing about being a Touro MPH student is that you don't have to pay the acceptance fee. $2k ouch!

Last edited:
Here you go :D.
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tu-ca-cop/survey/26

Even though you know how to answer these questions, I recommend practicing verbally. It helps you know if you can answer fluidly and concisely without seeming like you memorized your responses and regurgitating them, which is hard in my opinion.

Also, if a question is given out to everyone and the answer seems to be the same don't just restate it, build upon it. Show an example of how you relate to it. Showing is better than telling and it's your time to shine among the rest. However, don't take too much time; be considerate of the interviews and the interviewees time.

I hope this helps a bit. I can answer more questions if you message me. Good Luck.:luck:

P.S. The good thing about being a Touro MPH student is that you don't have to pay the acceptance fee. $2k ouch!

^^ thanks a bunch!! and im not worried about 2k thats nothing compared the bill you'll see after 4 years hahaha. good luck to everyone and i'll see you tomorrow if you're interviewing :)

Susie right?

That would be me!:)

Question-do you know when the calendar for the 2012-2013 will be available? I suppose I should send Mr.Davis an email. Based on the current calendar classes start the first week of August..I am assuming that will be the case this year.

^^ thanks a bunch!! and im not worried about 2k thats nothing compared the bill you'll see after 4 years hahaha. good luck to everyone and i'll see you tomorrow if you're interviewing :)
Good luck on your interview tomorrow! I agree with Ankor-it definitely helps to practice your answers verbally. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me. I'd be happy to help in any way that I can.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

That would be me!:)

Question-do you know when the calendar for the 2012-2013 will be available? I suppose I should send Mr.Davis an email. Based on the current calendar classes start the first week of August..I am assuming that will be the case this year.

I thought you might get in. I was like Wowwwww! She can communicate clearly during the associate dean's presentation;she could get in from the other group. I guess i was right.:D

Anyways, I have no idea. I have a meeting with a professor tomorrow to plan out my MPH unit requirements so, I might stop by admissions or ask a current P1 if they might have it; otherwise, we have to wait until they send it by email. Also, this is important. Get your forms done by June: http://studentservices.tu.edu/studenthealth/Immunization..etc.pdf Forms:http://studentservices.tu.edu/studenthealth/forms.html

I thought you might get in. I was like Wowwwww! She can communicate clearly during the associate dean's presentation;she could get in from the other group. I guess i was right.:D

Anyways, I have no idea. I have a meeting with a professor tomorrow to plan out my MPH unit requirements so, I might stop by admissions or ask a current P1 if they might have it; otherwise, we have to wait until they send it by email. Also, this is important. Get your forms done by June: http://studentservices.tu.edu/studenthealth/Immunization..etc.pdf Forms:http://studentservices.tu.edu/studenthealth/forms.html
Awwwww..thanks!:) I had a hunch that you would get in as well. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and am looking forward to meeting everyone and starting classes this August. The faculty and other students I've met are amazing and I'm excited to be a part of it!

Thanks for links-will be sure to get started on it asap!

Last edited:
For those who have been accepted and already paid the $2k deposit, was that it or I thought I read somewhere that we had to pay another $1000 sometime in may?

I got accepted, but will be declining. Goodluck to everyone else still waiting!