Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite today scheduled march 25! I was complete in November.

Members don't see this ad.

oof...was just reading last years thread and people still hadn't heard in early MAY! what have I gotten myself into..... o_O

Hi everyone! Just wanted to shed some light on my application process here. I applied pretty late...submitted my AACOMAS application mid-January, got my secondary invite late-January, submitted my secondary mid-late-February, invited to interview last week (03/05/14), and attended the interview earlier this week. Whew. Steve (director of admissions) said that the class was "more than half-filled," and they are starting to ration out acceptances. He said that they will be mailing out the acceptances, thus far, TODAY. Good luck to everyone! I fell in love with Touro when I interviewed there, and I think I think it's a great school with great staff.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Just wanted to shed some light on my application process here. I applied pretty late...submitted my AACOMAS application mid-January, got my secondary invite late-January, submitted my secondary mid-late-February, invited to interview last week (03/05/14), and attended the interview earlier this week. Whew. Steve (director of admissions) said that the class was "more than half-filled," and they are starting to ration out acceptances. He said that they will be mailing out the acceptances, thus far, TODAY. Good luck to everyone! I fell in love with Touro when I interviewed there, and I think I think it's a great school with great staff.

Good luck to you as well! I'm hoping to hear good news!

I just received the unofficial email of my decision. I am so thrilled to have been accepted. This is my number one choice. Wow, what a relief.

Reactions: 2 users
Aww, congrats!!!! I'm pretty bummed. High alternative : \ still a few more interviews to go, but I'm so tired!

I just received the unofficial email of my decision. I am so thrilled to have been accepted. This is my number one choice. Wow, what a relief.

Aww, congrats!!!! I'm pretty bummed. High alternative : \ still a few more interviews to go, but I'm so tired!
You are right, this whole process is pretty tiring, so keep that head up :) high alternate is good as there may be movement. I wish you the best with the rest of this journey. Thanks for the kind words.

If u r high alternative there is high chance (90%) of getting in.

That's really comforting to know, but how are you so sure? I have a feeling that many other applicants get placed on the high alt list.

That's really comforting to know, but how are you so sure? I have a feeling that many other applicants get placed on the high alt list.
From my friends experience. The class size is large. High alt waitlist have a high chance of getting in. Some people (like my friend) changed their mind and they are attending other do schools. So there is still hope especially high alt

From my friends experience. The class size is large. High alt waitlist have a high chance of getting in. Some people (like my friend) changed their mind and they are attending other do schools. So there is still hope especially high alt

Thank you! Let's hope for the best! I'm still waiting on a response from 2 schools, and I have 4 more interviews. I just hope Touro works out for me. Good luck to everyone else, too!

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone who received an interview invite recently mind sharing their stats please? I have been complete since september but has yet to hear back.

Does anyone know how many people that are on the wait list that don't get offers are accepted into next year's class?

Members don't see this ad :)
consensus from the posts are that 3.3-3.6 and 29-31

II today!!!! Ahhhhhhh I am super excited!!!! I am about to read all your posts now regarding the interview. So excited!!!!!!!

II today!!!! Ahhhhhhh I am super excited!!!! I am about to read all your posts now regarding the interview. So excited!!!!!!!
Haha nice! Was it between the time you posted previously and now? They must have figured your name from this thread jk jk

Hi! Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!!! :)

II today that I will be declining as I got my first choice.

Received receipt of my acceptance deposit. I see health forms are due 30 days within acceptance. Is that 30 days from the initial letter of acceptance or from when the deposit is put down. I know I could ask the school, but figured I would see what others have done

Received receipt of my acceptance deposit. I see health forms are due 30 days within acceptance. Is that 30 days from the initial letter of acceptance or from when the deposit is put down. I know I could ask the school, but figured I would see what others have done

**** I didn't see that! :/ I was accepted in December and definitely missed that, didn't get any notifications from them though..

**** I didn't see that! :/ I was accepted in December and definitely missed that, didn't get any notifications from them though..

No worries, it's due June 1st if you're accepted before May 1st.

From the receipt email:
Health history and immunization documentation is due by June 1st (for students accepted prior to May 1st) or within 30 days of acceptance (for students accepted after May 1st).

Hope that helps.

No worries, it's due June 1st if you're accepted before May 1st.

From the receipt email:
Health history and immunization documentation is due by June 1st (for students accepted prior to May 1st) or within 30 days of acceptance (for students accepted after May 1st).

Hope that helps.
Oh interesting, my receipt email merely says "Please note that health history and immunization documentation is due within 30 days of acceptance". But, the above case makes the most sense to me. Well that is good news, thanks for the info. I was stressing a bit.

Edit: on the actual forms, I see within 30 days too. I went ahead and emailed student health just to be clear

Last edited:
Any word on the clarification for the 30 day deadline for the health forms?

I thought we have time till june. However, accepted student are required to submit medical forms except TB test. Everyone should do the TB test in June. All of the titrations should be quantitative. I went through all of these processes

Just withdrew, Good luck to everyone in the runnning!

I was extremely nervous about the group interview format, but it wasn't bad at all! They do a good job of making you feel comfortable. I was even psyched out when I found out my group consisted of the current masters students who already knew the interviewers. I thought my interview went horribly but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It's a great school and the students are the NICEST!

Selected for high alternate today. Pretty bummed. I was ready to get this process over with as this is my first choice. As of now I'm still off to SOMA..

Selected for high alternate today. Pretty bummed. I was ready to get this process over with as this is my first choice. As of now I'm still off to SOMA..
Also, high alternate result received on 3/31. Really want to go here. Someone else I spoke to on interview day also is high alt. Seems doubtful many of us can get in if the group is large. I really didn't feel any one in my group stood out from the others. Everyone spoke well. No gaffes.

Last edited:
does anyone have ANY idea what interview dates are open? I just want to have a sense before I call (II today! after about 5 months of no news!)

Email or Phone ii?

oh and le stats please, just seeing where I am at...

and one last edit, I am about to apply for the one year masters thing as a back up...

Last edited:
I interviewed last week and it was such an amazing day.
I really loved the faculty members and students. They looked so happy to be there.
After the interview, Mr. Davis told us to expect the result by Monday.
It's already Thursday and still haven't received any sort of notifications...

I interviewed last week and it was such an amazing day.
I really loved the faculty members and students. They looked so happy to be there.
After the interview, Mr. Davis told us to expect the result by Monday.
It's already Thursday and still haven't received any sort of notifications...
Did you request notification by email? Results were sent out by Monday evening.

does anyone have ANY idea what interview dates are open? I just want to have a sense before I call (II today! after about 5 months of no news!)

I got a II a few days ago, and there was May 5th and 6th open. I don't know if they've opened up any more since then though.

I got a II a few days ago, and there was May 5th and 6th open. I don't know if they've opened up any more since then though.
wow thats so late! thanks for the heads up! I'm OOS, 28-30, 3.3ish sgpa and 3.7cumulative. Strong ties to CA though and wrote an update letter a few weeks ago. was truly not expecting anything so I am very excited. would love to be on the west coast

Medium Alternate in the mail today.
Pretty bummed out. I really loved this school.
But again, POSITIVE!!!
Let's wait for available seats!!!

just scheduled, 5/5 and 5/6 were first available, unfortunately I have a conflict so I'm scheduled for the 12th...hoping for a cancellation!

I'm just saying, last year I was high alt, I waited all through summer and sent all the last bits of interest ammo I had and did not get off the list.

Does anyone happen to know how long it takes for decisions to be released? I'm interviewing next week, but have a deadline of May 5th to make a seat deposit for another school. Other schools have gotten back to me with their decisions, but Touro operates on a different schedule than the other schools, so I'm not sure if there's the same sense of urgency to get decisions released to applicants.

Does anyone happen to know how long it takes for decisions to be released? I'm interviewing next week, but have a deadline of May 5th to make a seat deposit for another school. Other schools have gotten back to me with their decisions, but Touro operates on a different schedule than the other schools, so I'm not sure if there's the same sense of urgency to get decisions released to applicants.
Probably after the adcom meeting on 4/28.

same question...I'm on 4/28
Looks like they meet every Monday for the next four weeks. They have 9 more interview dates scheduled. That means 90 more people will be considered. They must compile a massive alternate list. Bummers. Good luck to those who haven't had their chance though.

Last edited:
Don't worry, they will tell you whether or not you got accepted a couple days after your interview. Just make sure you let them know that you want an unofficial notice sent to your email, otherwise you'll have to wait for it in the mail. I interviewed on a tuesday and was accepted the following friday.

Don't worry, they will tell you whether or not you got accepted a couple days after your interview. Just make sure you let them know that you want an unofficial notice sent to your email, otherwise you'll have to wait for it in the mail. I interviewed on a tuesday and was accepted the following friday.
Oh wow! That's awesome! Thanks for the info :) especially this late in the cycle, I'm sure I'll just be anxious to know!

Reactions: 1 users