Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they call u?

Members don't see this ad.

Would any accepted students be willing to share (via private message) the requirements for immunizations and titers (if applicable)...waitlisted and getting my ducks in a row for the other school i'm accepted at, but would rather not have to go back for more labwork if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: found it http://studentservices.tu.edu/studenthealth/Immunization COM revised 01.27.14.pdf

Last edited:
First update for those on the waitlist sent today...they will start pulling in 7-10 days...

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone here gets accepted to Touro and plans to attend, you are more than welcome to connect with me for useful incoming student information (I am an incoming student as well).

Uhm, sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a TUCOM-CA Faisbuuk page for the class of 2018? Or even a thread? Can't seem to find one. o:

Have those that have been accepted and gone through the financial aid steps received a reward letter yet? I still haven't received mine.

TUCOM 2018s facebook group is currently hidden. If you want to join PM me!

I'm also in the Class of 2018! I just sent a request for the Facebook group!
Ohsmash Did you just get admitted from the waitlist or earlier? The silence is killing me!

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted off the waitlist today!! I was a high alternate. 3.4 overall GPA 3.2 science 32 mcat California resident. They tried calling me first and then sent an email. I'm super excited!! Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted off the waitlist today!! I was a high alternate. 3.4 overall GPA 3.2 science 32 mcat California resident. They tried calling me first and then sent an email. I'm super excited!! Good luck to everyone else waiting!
Congrats!!!!! Guess there may still be hope for the rest of us!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the good news!

Reactions: 1 user
So I received an offer to get off the waitlist at Touro Vallejo today and I have very little time left to accept it. Thing is, I already have an acceptance at Touro Nevada.

Hence, the big question: What school is more likely to help me achieve my goal of matching into a psychiatry residency in Bay Area?

I know it seems like this should be a no-brainer "duh, TUCOM" because of location (especially since my family is already in Norcal), but I'm not wild about the lottery system and some of the sdn rumors about the questionable quality of these rotation sites. Based on interview days, I think I might be happier at TUN but am willing to overlook that if TUCOM will take me where I want to go.

Are there any TUCOM students that can offer me advice or insight? I'd really appreciate it; I can't make up my mind right now. :help:

Last edited:
So I received an offer to get off the waitlist at Touro Vallejo today and I have very little time left to accept it. Thing is, I already have an acceptance at Touro Nevada.

Hence, the big question: What school is more likely to help me achieve my goal of matching into a psychiatry residency in Bay Area?

I know it seems like this should be a no-brainer "duh, TUCOM" because of location (especially since my family is already in Norcal), but I'm not wild about the lottery system and some of the sdn rumors about the questionable quality of these rotation sites. Based on interview days, I think I might be happier at TUN but am willing to overlook that if TUCOM will take me where I want to go.

Are there any TUCOM students that can offer me advice or insight? I'd really appreciate it; I can't make up my mind right now. :help:

How long did they give you to decide?

Hey guys I just got accepted into this years class and now I need to find a place to live/roommate. Anyone still looking? Let me know! Thanks

Reactions: 1 users

Check your PM!

I was also accepted yesterday off the high alternate list!! Good luck to those on the WL! GPA: 3.5 sGPA:3.2 MCAT: 30.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received the update regarding early acceptance?