Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS! II's are finally starting to come out for TUCOMCA

His/her stats are competitive for most MD schools, so I'm not too surprised that no else (at least here on SDN) has been invited.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite. Bay Area looks like an awesome place, can't wait to schedule an interview.

Stats, please? I know people say you have good stats, but I don't know where to look. Thanks :).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there too, brownbag. Will you be wearing the same brown hat?

Are you guys having any other correspondence with admissions at tucom-ca other than just submitting your secondary?

I really want an II here but my MCAT isn't very good :( ....though I have amazing ECs and a near-perfect GPA

Sent from my SPH-L720

Are you guys having any other correspondence with admissions at tucom-ca other than just submitting your secondary?

I really want an II here but my MCAT isn't very good :( ....though I have amazing ECs and a near-perfect GPA

Sent from my SPH-L720
I didn't hear anything from them except notification that my file was complete 7/15. They emailed the II and I called to schedule. I beleive they interview each week of the cycle, but only Mondays and Tuesdays.

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't hear anything from them except notification that my file was complete 7/15. They emailed the ii and i called to schedule. I beleive they interview each week of the cycle, but only mondays and tuesdays.

+1

Hmm like 7/19? I was complete 7/19. Hopefully they didn't pass me by

I got the complete email from the admissions office on 7/15 so I'm sure they didn't pass you over!

I got a call today and the area code indicated "San Francisco/North Bay Area" and I freaked out that THIS IS IT!! YAY TUCOM!! but then it was just someone trying to sign me up for a credit card. wah waaahh.

I received a "Your Touro College electronic billing statement (e-bill) is now available" email...

..Anyone else receive this? What's it about?

I feel like it's meant for current students and is being accidentally sent to applicants.

I received a "Your Touro College electronic billing statement (e-bill) is now available" email...

Same here. A previous post in the same thread said it was sent in error.

Hello everyone,
I'm struggling to answer this question since i have been shadowing MD mostly but i have interact with a DO, who is my primary physician. I was wondering how you guys approached this question?

Describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine's uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine

Thanks in advance

ii :D I tried calling admissions to schedule, but no one picked up :(

ii :D I tried calling admissions to schedule, but no one picked up :(

II also. I haven't called yet because I want to see if anyone posts the interview dates. I want the latest date because I am going to be missing too much work

Damn CA where is my interview no love for instate :mad:

It would be much helpful and so appreciated if those that get interview invites would post when they were complete :)))

Thanks for sharing
Congrats to you all

II also. I haven't called yet because I want to see if anyone posts the interview dates. I want the latest date because I am going to be missing too much work

They offered me 10/8 or 10/14 or 10/15. I chose 10/14

I know I'm going to be missing so much work too, my supervisor is literally about to fire me. jk but you get what i mean.

It would be much helpful and so appreciated if those that get interview invites would post when they were complete :)))

Thanks for sharing
Congrats to you all

I was complete 7/08

MCAT 27
undergrad: sGPA 3.92 & 3.95 cGPA
total: 3.73 sGPA & 3.81 cGPA

They offered me 10/8 or 10/14 or 10/15. I chose 10/14

I know I'm going to be missing so much work too, my supervisor is literally about to fire me. jk but you get what i mean.

haha i feel you bro, my manager told me that she is "not going to be able to do that" for an interview in early october.. i always got to giggle at the sdn'ers that get II's like today and and schedule for the first weekend of september.. my boss would assasinate me

II today. I chose October 8th. I was complete back in the Middle Ages...actually I don't remember, so it was long ago enough that I don't remember, which means it was a while back.

Just got an ii via email.
Congrats on the big news!

I've been following your progress with interview invites since we basically have the same stats, so hearing your good news gives me a dose of hope as well. How long did it take Touro CA to get back with an invite after you turned in your secondary? I am working on mine right now and hoping to send it in the next few days.

I submitted my secondary 8/13 and haven't receive a complete email yet. How long did it take for y'all to be complete?

Congrats! When were you complete? What are your stats? And are you OOS?

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:
I never received a complete email, but I submitted my secondary on July 8. I am OOS, 3.32c 3.54s 9/9/9 MCAT. I haven't scheduled the interview yet, but I plan to on the drive home after my Nova interview tomorrow!

So I just mailed out my secondary. Realized that I submitted my rough draft copy of my answers page. Should I contact Ms. Huckle about this and see if I can just email her my final draft page?

So I just mailed out my secondary. Realized that I submitted my rough draft copy of my answers page. Should I contact Ms. Huckle about this and see if I can just email her my final draft page?

:(
You should

Also to save some time
Try to email it to her

Declining my II here. Hope one of you guys gets picked up in my place!! Good luck!!

Choosing to attend lecom-b?

I cannot say absolutely, but definitely over moving to Cali, lol! I still have some interviews to go, including a few MD programs, and now have the luxury of being selective. There are a few DO programs I could potentially choose over Bradenton, but not many!

Haven't got a secondary yet and AACOMAS verified on 7/30....not really sure what is going on....

3.8/32 MCAT, CA resident.

Should I call them? Really disappointed.

Haven't got a secondary yet and AACOMAS verified on 7/30....not really sure what is going on....

3.8/32 MCAT, CA resident.

Should I call them? Really disappointed.

Yea I would give them a call, those stats of yours might make you "overqualified".

Does anyone know how many interviewees are typically accepted here?

Does Touro release info on board scores or residency placements? Or does anyone have any info on them?