Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement at all on interviews for folks?

I submitted my secondary on 8/16 but didn't receive a confirmation that it was complete. Pending processing of letters, I suspect.

...of course, it's high holidays so we probably won't hear anything until after 9/14 (Yom Kippur)...

Members don't see this ad.

Does Touro release info on board scores or residency placements? Or does anyone have any info on them?

Yes, they do release residency placements. I don't think they release board scores... In my four years at Touro they have only mentioned COMLEX pass rates for individual classes. I have yet to hear of them releasing avg USMLE/COMLEX scores.

Here is the match list compilation posted on the website:

http://admissions.tu.edu/_resources/TUCOM_California_Match_Results.xls

Here's the [post=13962095]c/o 2013's incomplete match list[/post] as self-reported by students.

hello everyone,
i was wondering if our essay can be less than a page (single-spaced) for the last two essay questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! First one! Submitted July 29, complete August 13

Woohoo! II! Very first one! Submitted mid August, complete 2 weeks later. 3.5/29. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!!!

I guess they just aren't interested. I was complete on 7/23.

I know I have been complete since July 19th and I live only hr away. I soooo sad and mad :mad:

I spoke to Ms. Huckle earlier today, she has mentioned there has been a delay due to the large amount of summer/Jewish holidays.

Got an II. I'm so happy!

I will call them tomorrow to schedule.

I spoke to Ms. Huckle earlier today, she has mentioned there has been a delay due to the large amount of summer/Jewish holidays.

Did she say anything about the order in which they were looking at apps? I'm wondering if complete date isn't a strict order or if I got passed over for the time being.

Members don't see this ad :)
People who have received interviews within the past few days, did they email you an invitation?

Yes, they do release residency placements. I don't think they release board scores... In my four years at Touro they have only mentioned COMLEX pass rates for individual classes. I have yet to hear of them releasing avg USMLE/COMLEX scores.

Here is the match list compilation posted on the website:

http://admissions.tu.edu/_resources/TUCOM_California_Match_Results.xls

Here's the [post=13962095]c/o 2013's incomplete match list[/post] as self-reported by students.

Thanks for this!

II sched for 11/4, but dates were still available in october

OOS 3.8+/26+

II today. Complete early August

I just got the ii email today! Looks like all my whining on SDN finally paid off!

Moral of the story, don't be worried about people with later complete dates getting ii's when you don't have one yet.

i just got the ii email today! Looks like all my whining on sdn finally paid off!

Moral of the story, don't be worried about people with later complete dates getting ii's when you don't have one yet.

+1

F***...I emailed Ms. Huckle with my completed application on August 21. Before that, I received an email saying I was missing the supplemental and the organic chemistry prereq (because it was in progress over summer school). It has been updated in AACOMAS by now, and Ms. Huckle acknowledged that my supplemental was received, but I still haven't gotten a complete email...does that mean I'm missing something?

F***...I emailed Ms. Huckle with my completed application on August 21. Before that, I received an email saying I was missing the supplemental and the organic chemistry prereq (because it was in progress over summer school). It has been updated in AACOMAS by now, and Ms. Huckle acknowledged that my supplemental was received, but I still haven't gotten a complete email...does that mean I'm missing something?

Similar situation here
Letters received, pre Reqs complete
Supplemental missing
Although I has emailed it
But I still didn't get the complete email...

:/

I called to schedule my interview and was told that Ms. Huckle is out until the 31st. Presumably interview scheduling is on hold until then, though I was transferred to her phone to leave a message.

I called to schedule my interview and was told that Ms. Huckle is out until the 31st. Presumably interview scheduling is on hold until then, though I was transferred to her phone to leave a message.
Did you get an invite today?

O nooo. That sucks. I called yesterday and was able to schedule. Earliest time when I called yesterday was October 29. :/

O nooo. That sucks. I called yesterday and was able to schedule. Earliest time when I called yesterday was October 29. :/

That isn't very late so I don't think you should be worried. I was apparently among the first to call for an interview scheduling and I am in the first week of October.

Interviewing here on 10/1, gpa around a 3.6 and mcat around a 29. I'm thinking about getting here on the 29th and staying until the 2nd with a buddy. Anyone want to meet up on the 30th?

I'm interviewing 10/1 as well. Getting there the 29th to check out San Fran. Are you staying at the hotel they recommended?

I just tried to e-mail Ms. Huckle and got a note that she's out of the office until the 30th of this month.

Also a reminder that the campus is not open during Jewish holidays.

So if anyone else out there is stressing from lack of communication... that's probably a factor. ;)

So I'm silly and forgot to book my flight until now. Rates doubled, but thank god for HotWire... Got the original price back. Going to be in california from 9/27-10/2!

I'm interviewing 10/1 as well. Getting there the 29th to check out San Fran. Are you staying at the hotel they recommended?

I'm going to be staying with a friend in SF and then staying at the hotel that they recommended the night before.

. Figured it out, see everyone in a few days!

Last edited:
Once you received a complete email, how long before you get a decision on invite to interview?
Thanks.

So the deposit situation is you have to pay $2000 just within just two weeks after acceptance??

Is this affecting any of your decisions of when to schedule interviews? I have an ii for Oct 17th, and while i'd love to check this place out, I already put a deposit in to LECOM.....i'm not made of money.

I guess i'm just looking for a happy medium. early enough to not be super late......but late enough to where I can maybe get an ii at my top schools (PCOM and UNE)

So the deposit situation is you have to pay $2000 just within just two weeks after acceptance??

Is this affecting any of your decisions of when to schedule interviews? I have an ii for Oct 17th, and while i'd love to check this place out, I already put a deposit in to LECOM.....i'm not made of money.

I guess i'm just looking for a happy medium. early enough to not be super late......but late enough to where I can maybe get an ii at my top schools (PCOM and UNE)
It's ridiculous, isn't it? If I were you, and you like LECOM, I'd stay put with it. TU-CA is located in a very shady area and getting to the nice parts of the Bay Area take a commute.

It's ridiculous, isn't it? If I were you, and you like LECOM, I'd stay put with it. TU-CA is located in a very shady area and getting to the nice parts of the Bay Area take a commute.

Couldnt agree more. 2K is quite a hefty price to have peace of mind, especially when it sounds like you already have a backup.

How was the interview day today?

It was pretty easy going. Mare Island is kind of creepy, but the bright personalities we met today made up for it.

I don't know how I feel about the group interview format, but it was pretty chill for the most part. When we met up afterwards with the other group, it seemed like they didn't get the same feeling.

But geez, 2K to hold a seat?

Hey guys I just withdrew my II for Oct 14th. good luck to all of you =]!

It was pretty easy going. Mare Island is kind of creepy, but the bright personalities we met today made up for it.

I don't know how I feel about the group interview format, but it was pretty chill for the most part. When we met up afterwards with the other group, it seemed like they didn't get the same feeling.

But geez, 2K to hold a seat?

Do go on! :D