Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I emailed the admissions director and she said the waitlist decisions come out 6/16.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First update sent today!! Gonna pull off high alternate list in 10-14 days!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a waitlist update email from Mr. Steven Davis. They will start pulling from the high waitlist in 10-14 days. Confused as to what DR MCNUGGET was told in his email from the admissions director?

Sooo, I applied last year to Touro CA and never received anything. I sent multiple emails and they never responded. Their GPA and MCAT average are above mine but the fact that they won't even talk to me erks me. It says on their website not to submit a secondary unless they tell you to, so I never did. Anyone else have the same thing happen?

Just got a waitlist update email from Mr. Steven Davis. They will start pulling from the high waitlist in 10-14 days. Confused as to what DR MCNUGGET was told in his email from the admissions director?
Here is what she said:

Notifications regarding the waitlist will go out on 6/16/15.

Thank you,

Florence Prasad

Admissions Counselor

Touro University California

Reactions: 1 users
Starting to get impatient playing this wait list game. Can anyone shed some light as to chances of getting pulled off the wait list? Much appreciated!

Today is day number 13 from the waitlist update email.
Has anyone heard anything yet?
To me, it is a little surprising they haven't started pulling from the waitlist since school starts on August 1st.
Maybe they don't have many spots open this year??

It's been 15 days since the update email. Has anyone been pulled off the wait list?

It's been 15 days since the update email. Has anyone been pulled off the wait list?

I contacted them two days ago. I had never received an update so they resent. For those on Medium or below their is not to be expected to have any movement at all. They say as much it is a polite rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted them two days ago. I had never received an update so they resent. For those on Medium or below their is not to be expected to have any movement at all. They say as much it is a polite rejection letter.

& what about those in the high alternate list? This waiting is starting to take its toll.

& what about those in the high alternate list? This waiting is starting to take its toll.
It is odd no one has heard anything yet. I would have assumed at least a few people would have been offered a spot off of the high waitlist by now. Maybe people have been accepted who are not on SDN? Does anyone have any idea how many people are usually on the high alternate list?

High Alternate here. I didn't hear anything. I'm hoping that the 10-14 days meant business days since the majority of those days fell on the weekend/ just before a long weekend... but then again I'm pretty solid with the wishful thinking :xf:

In case anyone is wondering:
Non-trad. Interviewed 2/17. GPA was 3.35 c&s at time of application. Had a 4.0 with 36 units this last year brought it up to 3.5 c&s. 30 MCAT (8/10/12). CA resident. Sent a letter of intent, 3 updates, and some extra LORs. Hopefully that works!

Hello,

I'm waitlisted high alternate and never received that email June 17th that it seems like lots of people received. Is there anyone else who is high alternate and didn't receive that email? I'm wondering if I should follow up with admissions to make sure they have my email or if it wasn't sent out to everyone and I was just one of those people who wasn't support to get it (for some reason...). Gah, that waiting is brutal!

Thanks all!

Hello,

I'm waitlisted high alternate and never received that email June 17th that it seems like lots of people received. Is there anyone else who is high alternate and didn't receive that email? I'm wondering if I should follow up with admissions to make sure they have my email or if it wasn't sent out to everyone and I was just one of those people who wasn't support to get it (for some reason...). Gah, that waiting is brutal!

Thanks all!

Regardless the email was pretty much useless since no one got pulled. Unless they haven't posted it on the forum but I doubt that.

Regardless the email was pretty much useless since no one got pulled. Unless they haven't posted it on the forum but I doubt that.
Agreed... Although, you would think if the class was full they would have just said that instead of sending that email saying they would "start pulling from the high waitlist in 10-14 days." I am guessing that they just haven't started yet? :shrug:

Hello,

Thanks all!
Did you check your spam folder? I am pretty sure everyone on the high waitlist got the email. Another SDN member posted earlier saying they didn't get it, but from their post it made it sound like they were either on medium or low waitlist?

It seems odd that there hasn't been any movement. Last year it started late June with the bulk of the movement happening mid-July. Although waitlist movement has been slow across the board this year.

In last year's thread someone says something about early acceptance for people on the waitlist. Does anyone know anything about this?

Btw, good luck to everyone. Hopefully we can reminisce about this on the 1st day of orientation!

Did you check your spam folder? I am pretty sure everyone on the high waitlist got the email. Another SDN member posted earlier saying they didn't get it, but from their post it made it sound like they were either on medium or low waitlist?
I was put on medium. I never received an email and so contacted them. They than resent the email stating that there's almost null chance that we would receive a spot.

It seems odd that there hasn't been any movement. Last year it started late June with the bulk of the movement happening mid-July. Although waitlist movement has been slow across the board this year.

In last year's thread someone says something about early acceptance for people on the waitlist. Does anyone know anything about this?

Btw, good luck to everyone. Hopefully we can reminisce about this on the 1st day of orientation!
I also read that. Although, I am unsure if they are doing that this year? I have read of some schools offering people that interviewed this cycle acceptance into the class of 2016. For example, I am pretty sure Western University does this. Normally from what I have read, the applicants had interviewed late in the cycle when the class was pretty full. And it sounds like instead of being offered a spot on the waitlist they were offered acceptance into next year's class.

Email update #2!

Apparently they have sent out "several acceptances" since the 1st update. The email also said "The best I can offer is that, unlike those on the Low and Medium lists, your candidacy is still considered active for the Class of 2018, which means you still have a chance" regarding if there is still a chance to get accepted.

Also, it was mentioned that the process for early acceptance for next year would be discussed in update #3 in August.

Well I'm guessing no one got accepted off of the waitlist? What is the point of them having a waitlist anyways?! lol

I can confirm one seat opened up a few days ago, and calls were made to those on the high end of the waitlist.

So are med applicants considered "first year grad students" or "first year professional student".... this is in regards to the application.