Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted as well! I interviewed over two weeks ago so maybe Steven is going in chronological order. Congrats to all those accepted!!

Edit: I'm OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 10/7 and haven't heard anything :(. I really hope this doesn't mean I was rejected because Touro is one of my top choices

But congrats to those accepted! Happy Halloween!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed 10/7 heard back?

I interviewed on 10/7 and haven't heard anything :(. I really hope this doesn't mean I was rejected because Touro is one of my top choices

Same here...the wait is super stressful. I keep checking my email every 5 minutes hoping to get something.

Reactions: 1 user

Same here...the wait is super stressful. I keep checking my email every 5 minutes hoping to get something.

Did you email Steven Davis to request the unofficial email? He said he doesn't do it automatically and it had to be requested.

Did you email Steven Davis to request the unofficial email? He said he doesn't do it automatically and it had to be requested.
I did, but I emailed him like a day or two ago so he might not have read it yet.

Congrats! When did you receive the email? Just now?
At like 4:30pm EST, I was in a tutor session and checked my email real quick when my tutor asked if I had heard from Touro yet. I had been checking all day.

Does anyone know what you must do, in the immediate future, after being accepted? Other than the deposit of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
The cake is a lie.... anyways, I hope to hear back at least on Monday :(

Reactions: 1 users
It was a trick. Lol.
Anyways, congratulations to everyone who got accepted!!!! Happy Halloween!! :vulcan:

ACCEPTED. interviewed on Oct 20th. Happy Halloween

So it looks like no one from the 10/27 group has heard back yet, amirite?

Accepted via snail mail today! Interviewed 10/7

So it looks like no one from the 10/27 group has heard back yet, amirite?

Just called admissions and the lady told me to email Mr. Davis to get info about decisions. From what I understand decisions have already been made, but not necessarily released...

I'm pretty sure people from 10/27 didn't receive instructions to send emails to the director if they want a notification. But that's apparently what we should have done...

Also, did people anyone else besides leela13 receive a snail mail letter? Everyone should have been sent those right?

i just got the snail mail letter, interviewed on 10/27........so fast...

I'm pretty sure people from 10/27 didn't receive instructions to send emails to the director if they want a notification. But that's apparently what we should have done...

Also, did people anyone else besides leela13 receive a snail mail letter? Everyone should have been sent those right?

I know Mr. Davis told the 10/7 group to email since the adcom met on 10/30 and it was such a long time after our interview. I haven't received the snail mail letter yet, but am expecting it today hopefully!

I'm in !!! So happy!!
Two years ago, I thought I had no shot at any medical school.
Now, I have an acceptance on early November with three more interviews (two MD) to go!

did anyone else other than those accepted receive an email? I wonder if they only send email to those accepted and prefer to break the bad news to others via snail mail.

I received the acceptance letter today. However, I will be declining my acceptance here. Good luck to you all for the rest of the cycle!

Last edited:
Also got my acceptance mail today! Still waiting to hear back from another school so this 2 week deadline suckssss.

Can anyone that's currently a student help answer some of these questions please. I'm trying to get a better sense of the school before making my choice. One of the biggest thing that's bothering me is that I've heard some cons about the rotation sites. Can anyone comment about them? Also how is the student life? Seems like everyone lives outside of mare island because there's no commercial life on the island. Does this mean ppl just go to school then leave?

Thanks!

did anyone else other than those accepted receive an email? I wonder if they only send email to those accepted and prefer to break the bad news to others via snail mail.

you only receive an email if you request it. Otherwise your decision comes via snail mail.

Just got accepted via snail mail!! I decided right before going to bed to check my mailbox, and it was the best choice everrrrr. Good luck to everyone else out there!

Also got my acceptance mail today! Still waiting to hear back from another school so this 2 week deadline suckssss.

Can anyone that's currently a student help answer some of these questions please. I'm trying to get a better sense of the school before making my choice. One of the biggest thing that's bothering me is that I've heard some cons about the rotation sites. Can anyone comment about them? Also how is the student life? Seems like everyone lives outside of mare island because there's no commercial life on the island. Does this mean ppl just go to school then leave?

Thanks!

I would say at least half of us live on mare island.

Yes, I would like to know what students do for fun as well. Boating, fishing, crabbing, golf, tennis, motorcycle riding, hiking, climbing, skiing, any of these??

Yes, I would like to know what students do for fun as well. Boating, fishing, crabbing, golf, tennis, motorcycle riding, hiking, climbing, skiing, any of these??

Hi Guys!
I am a MS1at Touro. We are a pretty active group...I know there are some surfers, climbers, fisher people, lots of athletes (runners, swimmers, etc etc), hikers, foodies, and way more things I can't think of right now. Both the MS1 and MS2 classes are super social and tight knit. I am a commuter and although I still feel very connected to my class, I am not the best person to comment on island life. Also, if it helps at all, I was a skeptic and I LOVE Touro. Great faculty, student-teacher ratio, etc. Good luck to all! Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Shout out to everyone who is interviewing Monday 11/10! I am very excited to interview here!

I never received a secondary application invite here (submitted AACOMAS app in late August)...do they choose who can submit secondaries here or is this something I should contact them about?

I never received a secondary application invite here (submitted AACOMAS app in late August)...do they choose who can submit secondaries here or is this something I should contact them about?

I emailed them and they said they are delayed because of the large volume of applications. But if your app was released over two months ago, I guess emailing them wouldn't hurt. I had to wait for my secondary about a month.

I emailed them and they said they are delayed because of the large volume of applications. But if your app was released over two months ago, I guess emailing them wouldn't hurt. I had to wait for my secondary about a month.

Thanks. I sent them a message.

Does anyone know the average length of time it takes to recieve the acceptance letter? Mine was sent last Friday, October 31st, and I still haven't recieved it. I'd really like to send in my deposit as soon as possible, especially since it is due by next Friday.

Does anyone know the average length of time it takes to receive the acceptance letter? Mine was sent last Friday, October 31st, and I still haven't recieved it. I'd really like to send in my deposit as soon as possible, especially since it is due by next Friday.
I think it depends where you live. I live in the Midwest and got my letter on Monday (it was also sent on Friday), but I do live in a large city so maybe that helped.

What does everyone think of the MPH Dual degree? I'm thinking of applying.

What does everyone think of the MPH Dual degree? I'm thinking of applying.

I too was thinking of applying. Ultimately though, I think unless you have very specific career goals of how you'd utilize the MPH degree, it's not worth it. I was a Public Health major in undergrad, and I was leaning towards the MPH, but really, what am I going to do with it? I know what I COULD do with it...but is that what I really want to do? I just don't know...so I think I'm going to skip it and place that extra time onto prepping for the boards instead.

This is of course just my opinion, which could completely be false.

Do most of the people get shuttle service for interview or car rental from SFO? Which one is more recommended? Also how many people are offered acceptance after the interview?

Do most of the people get shuttle service for interview or car rental from SFO? Which one is more recommended? Also how many people are offered acceptance after the interview?

sshung,

When I interviewed, there were two other interviewee's that took the shuttle with me from the hotel to Touro. One of them had driven a rental car from SFO Airport to the hotel, though she did not drive from the hotel to Touro for some reason; I would guess that she wanted to save the gas, make sure she got to the right place on campus on time, and/or wanted to be with other interviewees and chat on the ride over to campus.

The girl that rented a car, from SFO, said it was ~$35 I think. Whatever it cost, it was far less than taking the shuttle both ways. I took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then asked the shuttle driver, that was driving us back to the hotel, to drop me off at the ferry terminal. I took the Ferry into San Fran and met up with my gf, who traveled with me on that trip and spent the day exploring San Fran, and we took the BART to SFO airport after having dinner and walking around the city.

Good luck on your interview!!!