Touro University College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ut91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just accepted this morning for class of 2019. I also applied to other pharmacy schools too so right now I am weighing up the pros and cons of each program to see which one would be the best fit for me. The reason I applied to Touro was its innovative 2+2 program and it has very good ranking. However I heard that the area around the school was not very safe because it is located on a navy island. Can anyone here attending the school elaborate on how the student life is like at the school, the curriculum, housing? If you had to choose again, would you still choose Touro over other schools?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I was just accepted this morning for class of 2019. I also applied to other pharmacy schools too so right now I am weighing up the pros and cons of each program to see which one would be the best fit for me. The reason I applied to Touro was its innovative 2+2 program and it has very good ranking. However I heard that the area around the school was not very safe because it is located on a navy island. Can anyone here attending the school elaborate on how the student life is like at the school, the curriculum, housing? If you had to choose again, would you still choose Touro over other schools?

Thank you!
I got accepted to the program as well. Class of 2019. The reason why I chose Touro bc it's neared home, and the area is okay per my experienced. I lived 2 hrs away, and I didn't really hear anything bad about this area.

Did you receive any other info from the school such as white coat order, fafsa, academic or things to do prior to the school start.

And IS anyone looking for off campus housing??

I haven't received the official mail from the school yet. heard it was mailed out friday last week so now I have no idea what steps I need to do next lol.
btw, I was trying to create a facebook page for class of 2019 . was wondering if I can add your facebook to that group too

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received the official mail from the school yet. heard it was mailed out friday last week so now I have no idea what steps I need to do next lol.
btw, I was trying to create a facebook page for class of 2019 . was wondering if I can add your facebook to that group too
Check your inbox! if not, can you post the Class fb page here and I'll request to be added to the page. Thanks

I just requested to join the FB page as well! I'm also looking for a nice place to live!

I have an interview scheduled in late-April. Any suggestions?

Also, I have a few friends who are in medical school there and by off campus housing, do you mean living on the Island or somewhere else (Vallejo, American Canyon, Benicia, Glen Cove, etc)?

And there is another page for the c/o 2019 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/744732145642346/
It has some P1s and P2s added. I think the admin is also a P1 student.

Touro, California northstate, or Keck Graduate institute. Which will you choose and why?

1) Touro
- most established of all listed
- 2+2 curriculum
- good rotation sites
- alumni connection
- fairly good reputation
2) KGI
- unaccredited
- don't know about rotation sites
- each phd students does emphasis (a +, makes you more competitive)
- linked with USC (donors), so will most likely get accredited and want to maintain a good rep (similar to USC)
3) Northstate
- had some big lawsuit happen (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...suit-against-california-northstate-cp.915119/)
- reputation of students among working pharmacists is negative (a few blame the TBL style)

I just got the letter that I got into the medium alternate list....does anyone know what are the chances of me to get in? I'm already trying to send another letter of rec and idk what else to do :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Any females looking for roommates for the incoming fall 2015 semester??

I am wait- listed alternative medium on class of 2019. I was wondering if anyone knows what are the chances that I can get acceptance? Also how would I recieve it ? Email, mail, or phone call?

I just got the letter that I got into the medium alternate list....does anyone know what are the chances of me to get in? I'm already trying to send another letter of rec and idk what else to do :(
Have you heard from the Touro yet?

nope not yet. I'm guessing you haven't yet either huh? did you follow up with them like resume? letter of intent? letter of rec? and updated transcripts?
No I have not yet. I just updated my transcripts. I already had 4 letter of recommendation. do u think I should send another one?

No I have not yet. I just updated my transcripts. I already had 4 letter of recommendation. do u think I should send another one?

I had four letter of recommendations too, but I just got a new job as a pharm tech at target pharmacy a little while ago so I had my pharmacy manager send in an extra letter of recommendation for me. Uuuhhh if you want to send in another one then it should be fine, however, it might be too late to send one in now cause they already met up last month to internally rank us medium alternates. According to previous years and previous posts if we had like no chance to get in, they should've emailed us around now.

I had four letter of recommendations too, but I just got a new job as a pharm tech at target pharmacy a little while ago so I had my pharmacy manager send in an extra letter of recommendation for me. Uuuhhh if you want to send in another one then it should be fine, however, it might be too late to send one in now cause they already met up last month to internally rank us medium alternates. According to previous years and previous posts if we had like no chance to get in, they should've emailed us around now.
Thanks dear
I wish both of us luck

if my score in not according to there minimum requirement in all toefl section but my overall score is 89 ...so will they accept me????? are there any chances?

I am interviewing for Class of 2020. Anyone here know if the interview was open file or close file? Also any tips for interview?

how much score you got in toefl??? are you international student???

Anyone in the class of 2019 have tips for potential 2020's? Do you like the school? Any info is helpful

Hi Friends,
I will have an interview this 12/10.
Anyone has any advice? do I need to bring any documents with me like other job interview?
And do you know any hotel that close to the campus?
Thank you!!

Hi Friends,
Anyone has any advice? do I need to bring any documents with me like other job interview?
Thank you!!
Hi! How long after you submitted the supplemental did you get invited for an interview?

@dreamchaseRx Surprisingly, I submitted the supplemental app on 11/22, and received the invitation on 11/23.

Nice! Did they email you the invite to interview or do you have to log back in to the supplemental application portal to view it? Thanks!

Hi My overall GPA is 3.4, 4-5 year pharmacy experiences, overall PCAT is 59
Nice! Did they email you the invite to interview or do you have to log back in to the supplemental application portal to view it? Thanks!

Hi Friends,
Thank you!!

Here is a link for the school website with information on where you could stay for your interview:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

I am not sure what extra documents you would need to bring. I personally always brought with me a copy of my personal statement, application, supplemental essays, and resume just so I could remind myself of what I wrote in case I got nervous. However, this is a group interview and I don't recall personally getting any questions that were specific to my application itself.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you all :)

Here is a link for the school website with information on where you could stay for your interview:

I am not sure what extra documents you would need to bring. I personally always brought with me a copy of my personal statement, application, supplemental essays, and resume just so I could remind myself of what I wrote in case I got nervous. However, this is a group interview and I don't recall personally getting any questions that were specific to my application itself.

Hi, thank you for sharing.
would you mind sharing the questions they asked during the interview? how many people are the in a group.
thank you

How long after you submitted your supplemental did you get an invite for interview? Thank you

How long after you submitted your supplemental did you get an invite for interview? Thank you

I got mine the next day, but keep in mind it is different for everyone. I know people who applied and didn't get an interview until a month or so later (or somewhere around there). Keep your chin up! It could happen at any time :)

Hi, thank you for sharing.
would you mind sharing the questions they asked during the interview? how many people are the in a group.
thank you

I don't recall any specific questions. I know there were 5 interviewees and 3 interviewers (2 faculty, 1 P4). It was about an hour long interview. I'm not sure if they have changed anything this year but just make sure to look up current events in pharmacy. Also, have some innovative ideas of what you would like to see pharmacy grow into or how You would potentially help change pharmacy for the better. Good luck and I hope this helps :)

Anybody waitlisted for Touro heard anything yet?