Program-Specific Info / Q's Touro University Nevada OT Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpOT12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm just wondering who has been accepted into the OT class of 2017 at Touro University Nevada!? I received my acceptance email a week or so ago. Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I will be joining you as well! I received my acceptance on January 29.

Members don't see this ad :)
@jpOT12 when was your interview?
Hi! My interview was on March 5th and I received my acceptance on the 10th. I interviewed at Touro last year and was wait listed. So happy to have gotten accepted this time :)

Wow! Congrats on getting accepted! Do you know if they are still holding the March 19th interviews? And do you mind posting your stats.

Wow! Congrats on getting accepted! Do you know if they are still holding the March 19th interviews? And do you mind posting your stats.
Thank you!! I am pretty positive they are still holding the last interview session. My stats aren't spectacular, but I have taken drastic measures to better myself, both as an applicant and beyond. I believe that my motivation and passion to become an OT showed through many of the personal experiences I have had and Touro University could see it :). Did you interview at Touro University?!

last 60 GPA::: 3.7
overall GPA::: 3.5
average-ish GRE scores:::: (143/146/4)
internship hours:::: 300 hours, multiple settings
volunteer hours:::: 600+

Hello! I interviewed on Feb 5th. The fact that others have heard from Touro already, kind of scares me. May I ask what you did to be accepted this time around?

I wouldn't worry @futureOTsj , you still have time to hear back! Last year after I got rejected from six schools, I knew that something had to change-- both with myself and my application. Ultimately, I made change happen and pushed myself out of my comfort zone in more ways than one. I know that my personal growth was/is very apparent compared to last year. For the application portion of my journey, I retook the GRE and a few classes that I had gotten 'C's in, volunteered more (in several different settings), did more leadership activities (started a craft club, organized events for various companies), and interned with several different OTs.

Thanks for your kind words @jpOT12. I think that I would do the same thing to try and strengthen my application. I'm crossing my fingers that I hear something from Touro...

@futureOTsj I am sure you will soon! I was told that everyone should hear something by the end of this month! My fingers and toes are crossed for you, the anticipation is the worst part.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you accepted, have you started looking at places to live? I scoped out the apartments the weekend I was down there and I think we are going to live in Quest! Anyone else staying there?

For those of you accepted, have you started looking at places to live? I scoped out the apartments the weekend I was down there and I think we are going to live in Quest! Anyone else staying there?

I'm actually a local here in Las Vegas, but I do plan on moving down in Henderson because of the commute from my parents house. Have you tried using apartments.com ? Just learned about this website a few days ago, haha. Really helpful!

Also, if you guys have any questions about Vegas, let me know! I've lived here my entire life! :)

Yay!! Congratulations! I am so excited and ready to start school!

Also, sorry! I forgot to reply thanks! Yes I am excited to begin! Going to start studying muscles, bones, and the nervous system after I graduate so I am prepared. haha

I'll be joining you all as well! I'm planning to move to Henderson so if anyone is looking for a roommate(s) let me know!

Last edited:
Congrats @Lamy! when did you receive your acceptance? And, could you please list your stats!

Congrats @Lamy! when did you receive your acceptance? And, could you please list your stats!

Thanks! I received it March 10.
Here are my stats:
last 60 GPA: 3.8
overall GPA: 3.7
volunteer hours: ~430 hrs

I hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
How long do those that were accepted have to accept the offer and pay the deposit?

Hey guys! So nice to see this thread started. I, too will be joining OT class 2017. Congratulations to all of you and excited to meet you in a couple of months. :)

I've lived in Henderson for 20 years so if anyone has any questions or needs any help with any moving things, feel free to shoot me a message.

Unfortunately I don't have a facebook! I DO have an Instagram, if anyone wants to add me and keep me updated through there :p. Email is great too.

Username: karmellabognot
Email: [email protected]

Charles mentioned that applicants would hear by the end of March and that would be today.... Should I wait a few days before emailing him?

Charles mentioned that applicants would hear by the end of March and that would be today.... Should I wait a few days before emailing him?

I think by today, people should have received a notice if they were accepted or waitlisted. After today, anyone that is waitlisted still has a chance in entering the class, even on the last week of June. I would e-mail Charles today and ask.

Good luck! :)

Hi everybody!
Wow I am terrible at getting on this site :) but I do have instagram as well! My username is: jenniferpatton
I can't wait to meet everyone! Time is flying!

I, too will be joining the OT Class of 2017! I'll be moving from Boise, Idaho and am anxious to make the big move in June! Congratulations to all of you--cannot wait to meet everyone!!

Hey everyone! I also got accepted for the OT Class of 2017, I am very excited to meet everyone and congrats to everyone who also got in :)

Oh my gosh I am so excited! My name is Genna Soslow. Friend me on fb. I am from New Jersey and will be roadtripping it out to Henderson in June!

Last edited:
I'll be joining you all as well! I'm planning to move to Henderson so if anyone is looking for a roommate(s) let me know!

I have an apartment already at Remington Canyon Apartments right up the road from the school and am looking for a roommate from our 2017 OT class! It is a 2 br/2br apartment. walk-in closet in the bedroom. living room, dining area, kitchen, patio. It will be about $500 a month plus utilities. The community has a pool and work out room as well as a common area in the main building. My apartment is on the second floor. Email me at [email protected] or reply here and let me know if any of you are interested!!! Anyone else taking a road trip from the east coast?

Hey guys! So nice to see this thread started. I, too will be joining OT class 2017. Congratulations to all of you and excited to meet you in a couple of months. :)

I've lived in Henderson for 20 years so if anyone has any questions or needs any help with any moving things, feel free to shoot me a message.

I may take you up on the helping move offer :D Also if anyone knows people getting rid of furniture in the Henderson/Vegas area...I am moving into an unfurnished apartment across the country from New Jersey! Thanks!!

Oh perfect!! Madeline Dunlap (President of OT '16) had reached out to me back in February with this FB group she created for our incoming class. Just wanted to pass it along as well!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/837969899593538/

Noticed that she hasn't accepted my request to join the group and it's been about 2 weeks. Also saw that there is only one member.

Everyone that is already accepted, is welcome to join the FB page I made. We are at a whopping 4 members right now! WOOO! lol I was also thinking of e-mailing everyone about it, but hmm, what do you guys think?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/730483303730814/

Hope everyone is doing well by the way. 10 more weeks!

I was just accepted (taken off the waitlist) to Touro this morning!!! I was so excited :) I will be looking for housing and I'll be coming from CA!

I was just accepted (taken off the waitlist) to Touro this morning!!! I was so excited :) I will be looking for housing and I'll be coming from CA!

Awesome!!! Glad to see you got into a school! :)

Feel free to join our FB page and let me or anyone know if you have any questions! Me and karmex698 are locals here in Vegas by the way!

Awesome!!! Glad to see you got into a school! :)

Feel free to join our FB page and let me or anyone know if you have any questions! Me and karmex698 are locals here in Vegas by the way!

Thanks @OTGonzagaa! You were a big help in my journey to acceptance!

I'm awaiting a response from another school but, I'm pretty positive I'll be accepting the offer. I'm still waiting on my mailed letter from Charles so I can send in my deposit.

Thanks @OTGonzagaa! You were a big help in my journey to acceptance!

I'm awaiting a response from another school but, I'm pretty positive I'll be accepting the offer. I'm still waiting on my mailed letter from Charles so I can send in my deposit.

Awesome possum! Good luck and keep us updated! :)

YAY CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks @jpOT12! I'm so excited to meet everyone!! Does anyone know where they'll be housing yet?

Hello everyone! I was taken off the wait list about 3 weeks ago, but have been coordinating logistics to figure out whether moving to Touro now or deferring a year would be a better option for me. I'm moving from Montana with my soon to be husband (getting married in June!) and we're trying to figure out both me and my fiancé's lives. :)

I'm so glad there are folks moving from cold weather areas too! My biggest fear of moving to Henderson is the climate. I'm going to miss the snow! That and moving to a city. The Las Vegas area is 2x the population of the state of Montana!

Hiii everyone! I was taken off the wait list yesterday and plan on attending in July! :) Yayyyyy!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations @Iheartmyairman ! For both your acceptance and upcoming wedding! So many exciting life events! I am going to miss the snow as well, I am originally from South Dakota. I wish you the best of luck as you make your decision about Touro!
Congratulations to you as well @jennnnnnn12 !! I am so excited for you! YAY!

Hi, I'm actually not an OT, but I was just accepted to be an incoming DPT18. The mandatory orientation for the DPT program starts June 30th, and I was wondering if anyone was looking for a last minute roommate? Thanks!