Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine took like 10 days...

However others have had it take around 4 weeks yes

I am hoping to hear in 10 days or less, otherwise I will have to decide whether or not to risk skipping a deposit elsewhere. Or... I could always just play it safe and pay the full deposit on one school while waiting. I REALLY hope i hear back before it comes to that. Anyone else interview on Feb 3rd???

Members don't see this ad.

I am hoping to hear in 10 days or less, otherwise I will have to decide whether or not to risk skipping a deposit elsewhere. Or... I could always just play it safe and pay the full deposit on one school while waiting. I REALLY hope i hear back before it comes to that. Anyone else interview on Feb 3rd???

i'd play it safe, man. best not to be cheap about your future.

Reactions: 1 user

Play it safe! In reality (although it hurts right now), $1000-$1500 is a drop in the bucket to secure your future. How bad would you hate yourself not putting a deposit down on your only acceptance right now, only to find out you've been rejected to TUNCOM? Seriously, I think I'd cry myself to sleep. I've already put one deposit down, and will be putting a 2nd one down if I'm accepted to Touro NV! No matter what (if you send in the $$), we're going to be doctors!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Play it safe! In reality (although it hurts right now), $1000-$1500 is a drop in the bucket to secure your future. How bad would you hate yourself not putting a deposit down on your only acceptance right now, only to find out you've been rejected to TUNCOM? Seriously, I think I'd cry myself to sleep. I've already put one deposit down, and will be putting a 2nd one down if I'm accepted to Touro NV! No matter what (if you send in the $$), we're going to be doctors!! :)

You guys are right... and I know it is what I need to do. just dang... oh well, I guess I could have no acceptances which would be a worse problem...

I have just been accepted! First interview and first acceptance. I am so happy this process is done. Interviewed 1/13

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations you guys! I'm glad they seem to make decisions in a timely manner. I hate waiting a month (or two. or three) for responses! I interview there Feb 11th and can't wait...they're one of my top choices!

Hey Wipeout, thanks for your response when I PM'ed you. Very helpful. I look forward to being classmates with you :)

Congratulations you guys! I'm glad they seem to make decisions in a timely manner. I hate waiting a month (or two. or three) for responses! I interview there Feb 11th and can't wait...they're one of my top choices!
I feel like since this is after the holidays and we are interviewing as sort of a new batch, things may move quicker. Good luck at your interview. It goes quickly! Best wishes

I feel like since this is after the holidays and we are interviewing as sort of a new batch, things may move quicker. Good luck at your interview. It goes quickly! Best wishes

Any good advice for the interviews? I know that it's a 2:1 (interviewers:me) 20 minute interview. Is it closed or open file? Specific list of questions, or more conversational? I just like to be prepared!!

ACCEPTED! Also interview 1/13. Thought my interview was horrific too!

Any good advice for the interviews? I know that it's a 2:1 (interviewers:me) 20 minute interview. Is it closed or open file? Specific list of questions, or more conversational? I just like to be prepared!!
It is open file. Be prepared for why medicine, why DO, why nevada. Have your own thoughts on the AFA. Be able to address any weaknesses. Realize that it is an interview and they are just trying to get a feel for you, so be genuine to yourself. Also, try and relax and enjoy the day...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Wipeout, thanks for your response when I PM'ed you. Very helpful. I look forward to being classmates with you :)

Hey right on. I'm glad it worked out, was just wondering even haha.

It is open file. Be prepared for why medicine, why DO, why nevada. Have your own thoughts on the AFA. Be able to address any weaknesses. Realize that it is an interview and they are just trying to get a feel for you, so be genuine to yourself. Also, try and relax and enjoy the day...

AFA?

Has anyone received any information after the deposit confirmation? I am trying to find information about any vaccinations we need to get. Thank you!

And congrats to the new acceptances!

Has anyone received any information after the deposit confirmation? I am trying to find information about any vaccinations we need to get. Thank you!

And congrats to the new acceptances!

Should be coming next month or so

Anyone still waiting on a secondary from this school? Taking a while. I was Released on 1/9/14. I figured they initially had a long delay because of lots of apps, but maybe the delay is common even this late... or maybe they just hate me and rejected me pre-secondary. Anyone get one after being Released 1/9/14 or later? Thanks.

has anyone got word of the current class size so far? Just trying to gauge my chances, interviewing in late Feb :(.

Got the official acceptance letter and paid my deposit. Have an interview next week, but I feel so drawn to this school for many reasons.

what's the Facebook page for class of 2018?

Any recent II? Can please post when complete. Just trying to see if I've been silently rejected. Thanks !

Recently accepted and will be attending! Can't wait to meet everyone this summer!

Any recent II? Can please post when complete. Just trying to see if I've been silently rejected. Thanks !
I received an interview invite on 1/21 and they notified me that my secondary was received on 11/21. Interview dates to choose from for me were in February.

I received an interview invite on 1/21 and they notified me that my secondary was received on 11/21. Interview dates to choose from for me were in February.

Just got II! For feb. Might see you there!

Just got II! For feb. Might see you there!
Probably. Mine is the 11th. This is likely my last interview this cycle. This is definitely my top choice so I'm really crossing my fingers.

So far there are about 35 of you lot in the facebook group. Aside from two first years in the group.

How many apps does this school get? Anyone know the interview to accept ratio? Sorry if already asked!

Quick question about the interview and about it being open file. How much should I expect the interviewers to grill me about my past academic history. I have a rather unimpressive 3.1 cum/3.3 sci 25 (9/8/8), and am worried that because the interview is open file that my interviewers will question me heavily about my academic performance.

Anyone interviewing on Monday? Let me know if you'd like to meet before the interview :)

Quick question about the interview and about it being open file. How much should I expect the interviewers to grill me about my past academic history. I have a rather unimpressive 3.1 cum/3.3 sci 25 (9/8/8), and am worried that because the interview is open file that my interviewers will question me heavily about my academic performance.

Your stats are quite similar to mine. Only difference is that I'm currently working on an SMP. Interview was 20 minutes so the grill time was limited if even that. Open file wasn't too bad. They asked about my past MCAT's and I explained the situation and saw that they appreciated the honesty. One of the physicians was smiling the entire time and the other was frowning until the very end until I started talking about Led Zeppelin. My best advice would be to be yourself. Walk in with a smile and make sure to make eye contact with both of them. I caught myself only looking at the smiling doctor while totally ignoring the frowning one since it felt a bit intimidating. Luckily I noticed it during the interview and managed to fix it.

Complete 8/22
II 9/16
Interviewed 12/16
Accepted 1/22

It probably will happen, so give a good understanding of how you learned from it, lessons learned, ready for future, etc. Obviously don't be fake...

They asked me a bit about my grades, extracurricular activities, etc, but nothing too scary. I agree with Wipeout in that you should approach the question with honesty, but remember to be positive and enthusiastic about yourself! Be confident and proud of your accomplishments (you've come this far), without coming across as arrogant. I think the reason they accepted me was because I was genuinely excited and happy to be at their (now my!) school.
Good luck! :)

Absolutely loved this school. Can't wait for decisions to be made

I've interviewed and was waitlisted about two months ago. Will sending in a LoI at this time be a good idea? Or should I wait until towards the end of the interview season?

Does anyone know when can we expect to receive the matriculation packet of things we need to send in? Ive sent in my deposit a while back but haven't heard anything since the email saying they received it.

Does anyone know when can we expect to receive the matriculation packet of things we need to send in? Ive sent in my deposit a while back but haven't heard anything since the email saying they received it.

I called yesterday and the admissions office said they will email a packet of information by the end of the month. In the meantime, send in your transcripts (AACOMAS doesn't count. they need the real thing) and relax! :)

How many apps does this school get? Anyone know the interview to accept ratio? Sorry if already asked!

Usually the school gets more than 1500 applications and we get about 500 interviews for 134-135 spots.

They asked me a bit about my grades, extracurricular activities, etc, but nothing too scary. I agree with Wipeout in that you should approach the question with honesty, but remember to be positive and enthusiastic about yourself! Be confident and proud of your accomplishments (you've come this far), without coming across as arrogant. I think the reason they accepted me was because I was genuinely excited and happy to be at their (now my!) school.
Good luck! :)

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm nervous, but I'm pretty sure everyone is before an interview! One last question, then I'll stop bugging everyone. On the interview day, would I need to bring a folder or something to hold my resume, ps, application etc. or is it safe to assume that they will have all these documents. I don't really wanna carry anything around on the interview day. I'll probably just bring a pen.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm nervous, but I'm pretty sure everyone is before an interview! One last question, then I'll stop bugging everyone. On the interview day, would I need to bring a folder or something to hold my resume, ps, application etc. or is it safe to assume that they will have all these documents. I don't really wanna carry anything around on the interview day. I'll probably just bring a pen.
I only brought a pen... they had everything. Also, before you go in for the interview they tell you to leave your things in a common conference room anyway if you do bring anything. So... a pen is fine! They do give you a informational folder on the school too.

I brought my purse in to the interview and nothing else. I was so nervous I couldn't take notes (although I highly recommend taking them)! They give a lot of good info about the school. I wrote a few school specific questions before my interview and that helped a lot, too.

I just got an ii at this school. I'm both humbled and grateful, but I've already been accepted to my top choice and sent in the deposit. I will be declining the interview but hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck future colleagues.

I got an II on Friday, but haven't had the chance to call and schedule yet. Does anyone have any idea of what days are left? Wish they did it all electronically...

I just got accepted this past Friday! Interviewed 1/27. I am so excited! This school was definitely in my top 2 and after visiting, I would love to attend.