Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got accepted this past Friday! Interviewed 1/27. I am so excited! This school was definitely in my top 2 and after visiting, I would love to attend.
Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted this past Friday! Interviewed 1/27. I am so excited! This school was definitely in my top 2 and after visiting, I would love to attend.
NICE!!! great acceptance to have! Hopefully the quick turn around on acceptance will happen for me too... 2/3 interview here and hoping to hear this week

Reactions: 1 user
Interview on 2/26! So excited it seems like a great school

Members don't see this ad :)
NICE!!! great acceptance to have! Hopefully the quick turn around on acceptance will happen for me too... 2/3 interview here and hoping to hear this week
My wife interviewed that day too, waiting patiently.....

hello future classmates: health forms have been emailed out. after looking them over, there are a whole lot of immunizations we need to get. they also want at least three doses of the polio vaccine, so try getting a head start in trying to get your shot records from when you were a baby.

also, congrats to those with acceptances, and good luck for those that are waiting for one. loved the school, and loved the area.

Congrats to everyone that got accepted so far. I think we are now up to 40 students.

My wife interviewed that day too, waiting patiently.....
Well I promise to update with any info I get on the process. I will be calling to see if they have any idea when the decisions will be made on our group. I am cutting it close and trying to avoid paying multiple deposits! Limiting myself to one call though... Don't want to be a bother...

Only 40 accepted students? The Facebook group looks like it has 70+

that's probably only 40 students who have placed a deposit down and decide to matriculate? I'm sure they've accepted way more than 40

Only 40 accepted students? The Facebook group looks like it has 70+
I don't know about your school, but we at western have had a lot of students from last year's class join to help us navigate the system.

Interviews go until may and last year a bunch of students were accepted in May/June so I wouldn't worry about how full the class is. Usually first years join the Facebook group to help with questions.

I know you cannot give me much information about the interview, but what is it like? 20 minutes with faculty? Please let me know what you can! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know you cannot give me much information about the interview, but what is it like? 20 minutes with faculty? Please let me know what you can! Thanks.

It's one 20 minute interview with 2 interviewers. It is open file, and at least somewhat conversational. In talking with others, they don't appear to have any "standard" questions, as people on my interview day all had different experiences. However, my particular interviewers liked to ask where all I applied, received interview invitations, any acceptances, etc. Unfortunately, about half of my interview was taken up with those questions and "why did you cancel the interview at ***? Do you have family close by? What's your rationale for applying to *** school? What about Touro?" Etc. Those particular interviewers also did this with at least one other applicant that day, so I was somewhat relieved that it wasn't just me!

I agree with the person who replied above me. It was very conversational. My interviewers asked me very general questions like why DO? Why Touro? And a little bit about my research. But then they started to ask me if I had any questions and I felt that only about 10 min went by! Honestly, I felt like they wanted me to continue to ask them questions to fill in the 20min and I felt if I didn't ask more questions, the interview would be over. So it was definitely conversational for me. No tricky questions, no health care questions and no ethical ones too.

Yeah it was pretty simple, above two covered it

Anyone received email regarding the 03 Feb interview result?

Anyone received email regarding the 03 Feb interview result?
I have not heard anything from that interview day either... I think we are supposed to hear on or after the 28th... Give Amber a call though! It may have changed. If you do please post it here!

I have not heard anything from that interview day either... I think we are supposed to hear on or after the 28th... Give Amber a call though! It may have changed. If you do please post it here!

I will let my wife know, I am just the impatient husband :)

Good luck to those waiting to hear back :)

Last edited:
What do you guys like most about this school? What makes it stand out to you? This question is open to current students as well as prospective students :)

Do you guys know what their general turnaround time is?
I recall Amber saying expect up to 4 weeks. Turnaround time has varied from less than a week to up to 4 from what I have seen on here. Not sure if that really helps. The waiting game is tough I know.

I recall Amber saying expect up to 4 weeks. Turnaround time has varied from less than a week to up to 4 from what I have seen on here. Not sure if that really helps. The waiting game is tough I know.

ah i hope they respond sooner. 4 weeks is quite a while >.>

Interviewed 2/11 and notified today I was wait listed. So bummed.

Same here, wait listed. Definitely disappointed, but at least not w/o hope. Anybody that can shed light on the wait list situation and how it progresses, it would be immensely appreciated.

Wait listed as well. Anyone in this situation previously, please give some advice?

Looks like everyone who is replying here got wait listed. I am in the same boat, wait listed as well. Wonder if they sent those emails out first...

Yeah it looks like most people who interviewed beginning of Feb are wait listed. This school is kinda weird with their wait list though based on what happened earlier in the cycle. A bunch of people who were wait listed a few months ago got accepted off the wait list about a month later.. I'm really hoping to get off this wait list. As of now I'm going to SOMA and I like this school way more than that one..

Hey guys, do they usually take 4 weeks to review your app? I just got a complete email about 1 week ago and they said it would take about 4 weeks to get a response. My fault for applying late and getting all anxious, but was wondering if it usually takes about 4 weeks or does it take longer/shorter?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys, do they usually take 4 weeks to review your app? I just got a complete email about 1 week ago and they said it would take about 4 weeks to get a response. My fault for applying late and getting all anxious, but was wondering if it usually takes about 4 weeks or does it take longer/shorter?

Thanks in advance :)
Hey Brew. I was complete 10/25. Interview invite 12/12. Interviewed on 1/13. I have seen the time frames vary on here.

Accepted, feb 11 interview. Got email today too.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah it looks like most people who interviewed beginning of Feb are wait listed. This school is kinda weird with their wait list though based on what happened earlier in the cycle. A bunch of people who were wait listed a few months ago got accepted off the wait list about a month later.. I'm really hoping to get off this wait list. As of now I'm going to SOMA and I like this school way more than that one..

I only noticed one person that got off the waitlist early?

Rejected here today via email. A bit bummed (every rejection stings a little), but I'm not sure I would have ended up here anyways. Congratulations to those accepted and good luck to those on the WL!

I only noticed one person that got off the waitlist early?
There are three in this thread who said they got pulled off in December and I talked to somebody at a different interview who said she was pulled off the wait list from here in December too (she says she doesn't use SDN) I mean I'm fully expecting to not hear anything else until May but I'll keep my fingers crossed we hear something sooner.

There are three in this thread who said they got pulled off in December and I talked to somebody at a different interview who said she was pulled off the wait list from here in December too (she says she doesn't use SDN) I mean I'm fully expecting to not hear anything else until May but I'll keep my fingers crossed we hear something sooner.

Agreed, I'm crossing my fingers too. Good luck to both of us then ^^

Anyone still need interview help, please PM me.

Good luck, all who have interviews! Congrats to those accepted! :)

II for the 26th. Looked back a little ways and see it's 20 mins with two interviewers and open file. Any tips on areas to remember to read up on?

II for the 26th. Looked back a little ways and see it's 20 mins with two interviewers and open file. Any tips on areas to remember to read up on?
Hey jreed. I interviewed on 2/26 and it was a great experience overall. Everyone I met with was great. There isn't anything you can specifically "read up on" because it really depends on which professors are interviewing you. Be prepared for the obvious questions, (why touro, why do, etc.) and you will be fine. Interview is very casual and the 20 minutes go by very fast. Just make sure you can address any weakness on your application because you will definitely be asked about them. Good luck!

Mine was a bit different. Mine was a lot about the old health care system, and not the ACA.

It was probably the worst/hardest interview I had. Surprisingly I got in. They asked me tough questions and I gave bad answers imho. Lol. Maybe they cut me some slack?

With that said, I had one that was very nice while the other one was more uptight.

I was part of the Feb 11 interviews and was sent the acceptance email on 3/3 (Monday). Has anyone who was recently accepted received the letter in the mail that was supposed to be received within a week? I live very close and I feel I should have got it by now.

I was part of the Feb 11 interviews and was sent the acceptance email on 3/3 (Monday). Has anyone who was recently accepted received the letter in the mail that was supposed to be received within a week? I live very close and I feel I should have got it by now.

If you are worried and have not received it, I'd give the DO counselor a call.

If you are worried and have not received it, I'd give the DO counselor a call.

Wasn't able to get a hold of her today, it would just make me feel better knowing others haven't got it yet either haha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I got the acceptance email on March 3 too and still haven't gotten the mailed letter either. I'm about 180 miles from Vegas, near victorville . I'll probably give a call too on Monday. Not alone haha.