Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha your username said pot so I was making a joke about that haha you know...420..a slang for weed lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I have a 3.83 GPA with a 26 Mcat + about 6-7 extra curricular activities and research. MY LOR was a MD, and I started shadowing a DO who specializes in OMM. I have an interview on 3/10. Do u think I have a chance of an acceptance. I live in LA btw. Please and thank you guys!!!!!

Hey guys. I have a 3.83 GPA with a 26 Mcat + about 6-7 extra curricular activities and research. MY LOR was a MD, and I started shadowing a DO who specializes in OMM. I have an interview on 3/10. Do u think I have a chance of an acceptance. I live in LA btw. Please and thank you guys!!!!!

Last edited:
Just got pulled off the interview waitlist! Interviewing on February 11th.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call this morning. I was taken off the wait list. If it helps, I called back the day that I got the II and they said I was chronologically placed that day, everyone after that would be ranked based on other factors, but I'm unsure of what they were.

Congrats on the invite!

for those of you who got off the waitlist, did you do anything after the day you knew you were waitlisted? I feel it is odd for them to want us not to send them anything, like the chance now is up to air I guess. But since some people have been pulled off the waitlist, I am not sure how do they re-evaluate the waitlist.

I was rejected pre-secondary in November, but just got a secondary invite today after my app was finally updated by AACOMAS. I'd be applying for a waitlist spot at this point, right? Should I save the $100? Thanks.

Don't mean to repeat but I don't recall seeing anything about this..is there a Facebook page for those accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who got off the waitlist, did you do anything after the day you knew you were waitlisted? I feel it is odd for them to want us not to send them anything, like the chance now is up to air I guess. But since some people have been pulled off the waitlist, I am not sure how do they re-evaluate the waitlist.
I believe other posters are referring to the INTERVIEW wait list.

Requested
Hi! I'm the student director of admissions who is in charge of the Facebook group. I am currently accepting requests for students who have submitted their deposits (not just those who have been accepted). If your name on Facebook doesn't match the list I am provided, message me so I can add you!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm the student director of admissions who is in charge of the Facebook group. I am currently accepting requests for students who have submitted their deposits (not just those who have been accepted). If your name on Facebook doesn't match the list I am provided, message me so I can add you!
Yep. Paid. My last name is the chemistry version of gold

Anyone who interviewed on 01/26 hear anything yet?

Did she say Tuesday at the latest, or no earlier than Tuesday? Thanks!

No problem! She said if we don't hear by Tuesday, then to email/call her about the decision. So technically it could be earlier but I think we'll all hear by Tuesday.

Thanks Colliculus! TUNCOM's my first choice and I just wanna know! Don't think I did too well in the interview but still hoping for the best :).

No problem! She said if we don't hear by Tuesday, then to email/call her about the decision. So technically it could be earlier but I think we'll all hear by Tuesday.

Thanks Colliculus! TUNCOM's my first choice and I just wanna know! Don't think I did too well in the interview but still hoping for the best :).

LOL! I got absolutely destroyed during my interview... I doubt I'm getting in but I really liked TUN and got a really good vibe from the school. Good luck to you! Only thing left to do is hope for the best.

That's the thing! They never really asked me any hard questions, but I feel like I could've answered them better. I'm not feeling too good about it either but still hopeful.

LOL! I got absolutely destroyed during my interview... I doubt I'm getting in but I really liked TUN and got a really good vibe from the school. Good luck to you! Only thing left to do is hope for the best.

That's the thing! They never really asked me any hard questions, but I feel like I could've answered them better. I'm not feeling too good about it either but still hopeful.

Yeah I got difficult questions plus I didn't answer them to the best of my capabilities. We'll find out for sure next week though!

II for Feb 23. I have other acceptances to schools I like just as much, however, making it a hard decision. I would mainly like to know if I would be able to stay near Las Vegas for rotations. I have kids and don't want to move around or commute very much, if at all. Good luck to everyone else interviewing that day.

II for Feb 23. I have other acceptances to schools I like just as much, however, making it a hard decision. I would mainly like to know if I would be able to stay near Las Vegas for rotations. I have kids and don't want to move around or commute very much, if at all. Good luck to everyone else interviewing that day.
During my interview they stated that they have options for people to do their core rotations around the area for the entire year. So you should be fine, but electives are a whole new ballgame.

Yeah I got difficult questions plus I didn't answer them to the best of my capabilities. We'll find out for sure next week though!
Tuesday seems like an eternity away!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed here 1/26. Thought it went incredibly well, but just now got the rejection email, which is weird. They said for sure we wouldn't hear anything until Feb 10. Good thing I have other acceptances. Really surprised though.

Accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Btw how long does it take to get the following email with info on deposits and stuff?

Last edited:
Accepted, will be declining the acceptance Monday. Hope a very deserving person on the WL gets my spot. Good luck to everyone!!!

Hopefully it goes to you. Not sure how their waitlist process works but I'm sure there is lots of movement

Thanks and good luck at KCUMB. I hope so and hope soon. I'm just dreading this heavy deposit I'm gonna have to throw down at another school :(

Interviewed here 1/26. Thought it went incredibly well, but just now got the rejection email, which is weird. They said for sure we wouldn't hear anything until Feb 10. Good thing I have other acceptances. Really surprised though.

also interviewed 1/26 and thought it went incredibly well, but got waitlisted. =/ not to sound arrogant but i thought my interview with the 2 interviewers were conversational and answered well without any surprises.

does anyone know when you can come off the waitlist? anytime from now until day 1 of school? or just in may/june. i remember seeing the slides about what happens when you're waitlisted. thanks all and congrats to those accepted. looked like a legit school and program.

Got the acceptance email yesterday!:) Are you matriculating?

I interviewed 1/26 and was accepted :) Hang in there because I felt the interview was particularly difficult as well!

Last edited:
Got the acceptance email yesterday! :) Are you matriculating?

Yay!! Congratulations!! And yes I intend to! Financially the deposit is not going to be easy but yes I'm going to make this happen somehow!!

During my interview they stated that they have options for people to do their core rotations around the area for the entire year. So you should be fine, but electives are a whole new ballgame.
Heyy I noticed u in the touro ny forum! Are u going to be choosing between nv and ny?

Heyy I noticed u in the touro ny forum! Are u going to be choosing between nv and ny?
Actually I got waitlisted to this school while getting accepted to NY. Every now and then I take a look at this forum just to share some things I learned but overall I am going to go to Harlem.

Did anyone who got accepted last Friday get the following email yet with the info on deposit and stuff?

Did anyone who got accepted last Friday get the following email yet with the info on deposit and stuff?

When I got mine a few weeks ago it came in the late afternoon