Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My wife and I are moving to Las Vegas this Saturday! Can't wait!

Reactions: 1 users
What were your guys' stats if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question, did anyone receive a packet that says, we invite you too explore our osteopathic program? I feel like this is some kinda tease or a joke because I did explore the program, interviewed and got waitlisted.... What? hahaha

Best of luck to everyone who got accepted! I shadow a doctor who has a bunch of Touro NV students who rotate with him and they are more on the ball than the other schools' students I've seen.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance/got my deposit back ! Good luck everyone!

Hot balls just looked that laptop up--There is no reason for it to cost that much! Why do schools make you buy a particular laptop? I'm sure a computer that costs 500 would do just fine...what kind of programs do they plan to have us run!?!?

Its because they install all the programs and software you need for the school. That includes the testing software and all.

WAIT how did you get your deposit back?!?!?!?!?!
You just fill out a withdrawal form , sign and fax it. They send you an email saying deposit has been returned. They keep $100 but give the rest back

Do you happen to know when is the deadline for deposit refund?
I have no idea. When I got accepted to my top choice I immediately sent them an email in order to get the deposit. I would email them

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone interviewing next Monday, March 23 and wants to split a cab or share a rental car??

Interview 3/10. Anyone who interviewed get a message saying the decision was postponed?

Last edited:
lmao honestly ill probably just get a room close to the school cuz believe it or not i dont drink but ill probably get a car just to see the sights. after all i do get in at 11am that day haha

Actually - the Hover Dam area is pretty nice for sightseeing.

Interview 3/10. Anyone who interviewed get this message:

The Medical Admissions Committee was unable to finalize an admission decision. We hope to have a final decision delivered to you by April 6, 2015. We appreciate your patience as we work to complete the review process. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions.
I didn't! Should I be worried?

Interviewed 3/10 and just got a letter saying i was wait listed :p. Anyone know what my chances are of being taken off said wait list?

What were your stats? did you ask why you were waitlisted?
Oos 3.72 cgpa 3.65 science 3.95 non science gpa bachelors in bio with minor in chem. Mcat scores 26/25 (9/9/8 and 9/8/8). Did not ask Cuz they specifically say don't contact us well let you know hahah. Hopefully I'm closer to the top of that wait list and I get a spot :p

You have great stats. Did you have a DO lor by any chance? Did you apply late in the cycle?

You have great stats. Did you have a DO lor by any chance? Did you apply late in the cycle?
I applied early (As soon as it opened). And I did have a do letter of recommendation. Idk why schools don't like me :p

Any red flags on your app ?
They seemed concerned about my MCAT but other than that I felt it went well. It could be that they're just full (my interviewer told me they were close to full as of March 10) and this was as good as it was gunna get. It's all in gods hands now...
Could be worse. I coulda been rejected lol

There has to be something wrong especially if you applied early in the cycle? Especially you getting an ii as late as March.... People were getting interviews in like September, and especially your stats. Not trying to nitpick, but there has to be something off man.

I got waitlisted with a 3.8 cum and 3.7 science gpa, 30 MCAT. I wish they would tell us where we ranked on the list so that we didn't have to wait in limbo.

There has to be something wrong especially if you applied early in the cycle? Especially you getting an ii as late as March.... People were getting interviews in like September, and especially your stats. Not trying to nitpick, but there has to be something off man.
No I totally agree with you. I just wish I knew what it was! Like I said they told me it was my mcat but who knows.

I got waitlisted with a 3.8 cum and 3.7 science gpa, 30 MCAT. I wish they would tell us where we ranked on the list so that we didn't have to wait in limbo.
That would be nice! But I'd rather be waitlisted than rejected

did you feel pretty good about your personal statement?

what do you do after you made the payment? Can I view stuffs that I need to do? Like health related and financial aid requirement list?

what do you do after you made the payment? Can I view stuffs that I need to do? Like health related and financial aid requirement list?
You wait.. I think the most I did was send in an official transcript. Still waiting for the next steps. Accepted in January.

You wait.. I think the most I did was send in an official transcript. Still waiting for the next steps. Accepted in January.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to finish as much as I can with other stuffs so I can relax and not worry about it later on. I guess I will just send in the transcript for now. But can you also check online whether the school received the transcript or not?

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to finish as much as I can with other stuffs so I can relax and not worry about it later on. I guess I will just send in the transcript for now. But can you also check online whether the school received the transcript or not?
They send a confirmation email after they receive it.

Anyone been able to find TUNCOMS Clinical curriculum and rotating sites?

Anyone been able to find TUNCOMS Clinical curriculum and rotating sites?
From what I remember from the interview most were in sumlin and other than that I think they had out of state locations. Not 100% sure tho don't quote me on that

From what I remember from the interview most were in sumlin and other than that I think they had out of state locations. Not 100% sure tho don't quote me on that
Yeah they said most if not all were in the area

Do you think the same could apply to the final interview date of April 28th? Or is that last interview date essentially for the potential of a very low wait list spot?

I think it really depends on your stats, your situation, and how well you interview. I think they still have spots available for direct acceptance however I think that there are very few by that point. That being said a wait-list spot is not an acceptance death sentence. I would guess that roughly 1/8 to 1/4 of the 2018 class was waitlisted at one point or another before they were accepted. Also, if you become #1 on the waitlist by the time school starts and attend the orientation you have the opportunity to take the spot of someone who failed to show up. If by chance everyone shows up for orientation, as #1 waitlister you are granted automatic acceptance into the following years class. Take home point: you still have a chance for acceptance. Best of luck! PM me if you want more details.

Hey has anyone living in Nevada had any experiences with tarantulas and/or scorpions in homes?

Never saw one in the city or in my house/yard but I have seen scorpions in the desert hills. I am 100% not concerned about scorpions and tarantulas hurting my 2 dogs or myself.

Reactions: 1 users