Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing hope it goes to one of you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any movement on waitlist? And is anyone aware of when waitlist is reranked and what that entails?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi just wonder if there is anyone here have MCAT of 26 and got into this school?

Hi just wonder if there is anyone here have MCAT of 26 and got into this school?
I think there is a few that got in this year with a 26 but I will let them chime in if they want.

Reactions: 1 user
I think there is a few that got in this year with a 26 but I will let them chime in if they want.
One guy did. Idk if there was more. I only know this cause he's my friend.

They are going to take the MCAT very serious but if you have a stellar gpa then you may get away with a 26 at TOURO.

"They are going to take the MCAT very serious " do you mean they didn't take it very seriously last cycle and will take seriously this cycle?

May I ask where you got the information from?

Thanks!

By the way, does Tuoro NV also has a mission to serve underserved population or rural area?

"They are going to take the MCAT very serious " do you mean they didn't take it very seriously last cycle and will take seriously this cycle?

May I ask where you got the information from?

Thanks!

Um, I'm not sure how you interpreted what I said in that way..... What I mean is that a 26 MCAT is not great and will not make up for a mediocre gpa. This is coming from someone who got a 26 on her first time out. ALL medical schools take the MCAT very serious EVERY year. If you want to be competitive to get into Touro then you will need a great gpa to pair with your 26 mcat. Great gpa being 3.5 and above.

Me! 26 MCAT...3.45 cGPA. 3.9 GPA for my MS in Global Health. Lots of ECs, leadership, and volunteering. I think my experiences definitely outweighed my average GPA and lower MCAT. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Me! 26 MCAT...3.45 cGPA. 3.9 GPA for my MS in Global Health. Lots of ECs, leadership, and volunteering. I think my experiences definitely outweighed my average GPA and lower MCAT. :)

Depending on your personal statement and how well you interview I think you have a good chance. There are a couple people that had a 26 MCAT in last year's class with gpa's right around yours. I don't think that they were excepted right off the bat though and were waitlisted for a while, but in the end they're going to be doctors. As far as Touro's devotion to underserved populations, YES! The Touro college system actually picked the Las Vegas area because of the shortage of doctors. We are very engaged in the wellbeing of the community and do lots of outreach.

I haven't heard a peep about wait list status/movement and I would really like to!

I havent heard anything yet from TUN yet either. I have above avg stats for this school and interviewed on the first possible interview date. Silent rejection? Should I call?

The waiting is brutal. :dead:
@ Mark Krunch if you do call, let us know what they say.

I got High priority wait list at Touro CA is that a safe indication that I'm high priority wait list here also. Been wait listed for about 2 months now. Just rationalizing everything in my head.

Could anyone share what the first day of orientation is?

Depending on your personal statement and how well you interview I think you have a good chance. There are a couple people that had a 26 MCAT in last year's class with gpa's right around yours. I don't think that they were excepted right off the bat though and were waitlisted for a while, but in the end they're going to be doctors. As far as Touro's devotion to underserved populations, YES! The Touro college system actually picked the Las Vegas area because of the shortage of doctors. We are very engaged in the wellbeing of the community and do lots of outreach.
Thanks! But I was accepted back in December :) I posted that in response to another user's question about anyone being accepted with a 26 MCAT.

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding to the prerequisite coursework.

On their website (Q&A) section, they said

"Q11. Do my prerequisites need to be completed before submitting my primary application?
You may submit your AACOMAS prior to the completion of all your prerequisite courses. However, TUN may choose to wait until these courses are completed to request a supplemental application. All science prerequisites must be complete at the time of the primary application review to receive an invitation to submit a supplemental application. Applicants may choose to apply while completing any remaining science prerequisites during the fall 2015 term but will have to request for an additional evaluation once the coursework is completed and updated on the AACOMAS application. Any science prerequisites completed in spring 2016 will not be considered for admission to the 2016 incoming class"

I only miss one course in behavior science. It does not belong to Science prerequisites. So I just wonder if Adcom will wait until I finish this course in this December then start to send me the secondary.

I wonder if anyone has the experience and can help me with it. Thanks a lot!

has anyone called yet? Monday will officially be mid-June

Thanks! But I was accepted back in December :) I posted that in response to another user's question about anyone being accepted with a 26 MCAT.
Whoops! I swear I clicked "reply" to another post, I must have been tired when I wrote that. Sorry and Congratulations!

I have decided to withdraw my seat here at Touro, and I hope it goes to one of you. Good luck!!!

Getting impatient playing this wait list game. Can anyone shed some light for the chances of getting pulled off the wait list and maybe when they typically do pull off the wait list? It would be much appreciated!

Per the admissions department this week, the only thing that happens in mid-June is a ranking of the wait list, which will not be shared with applicants. An offer of acceptance could be given today up until the first day of orientation. Unfortunately, that leaves those of us still in this thread pulling our hair out; I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Got the acceptance call off the wait list on Friday. I turned down the acceptance; I hope one of you gets my spot!

They are going to take the MCAT very serious but if you have a stellar gpa then you may get away with a 26 at TOURO.

I am an incoming touro student. I scored a 25 mcat the first time and 27 the second time. I'm not sure if admissions averaged that out to 26 or just took my best score? But along with those scores my gpa wasn't stellar either. 3.4 c and 3.3 sc. I got in during December, without even being waitlisted.

Because of this, I assumed that there were probably several other people getting in with 26 mcats. But maybe i'm wrong?

Can't wait for Touro classes to begin! :)

Last edited:
Oh man. The waiting is so brutal. I hope there will be movement in the waitlist soon.

Any waitlist movement anyone? It's been awfully quiet.
I got pulled off the waitlist on June 30th. I interviewed on April 13th and I'll be attending. Hope there is more movement!!

Oh man. The waiting is so brutal. I hope there will be movement in the waitlist soon.
To all those on the waitlist - hang in there! I plan on withdrawing my spot.... hope it goes to one of you!

Just got the phone call from Tava! I'm going to Nevada!

I just got the phone call saying I was accepted but I declined my seat because I was accepted at lecom. Make good use of my seat whoever gets it!! :)

Just got the phone call from Tava! I'm going to Nevada!

Congrats! Did you receive any info or a heads up about potentially getting off the waitlist before the call???

Also did you send any updates or letters of intent after being placed on the waitlist?

Hey guys, Im going to be giving up my spot soon, so good luck to everyone on the waitlist. I also have a spot at allegro apartments. The rent is 400 a month plus utilities. Most of the move in costs have been paid. Please let my know if those who are getting off the waitlist need an apartment. Thanks!

Last edited: