Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why do they ask for a resume? Is the application not enough of a resume? -___-
No idea but a resume is required. I emailed them to confirm.

Members don't see this ad.

No idea but a resume is required. I emailed them to confirm.

I submitted my app on the 7th without a resume and just gave them a call after seeing this. They said that the resume is optional and not required since everything listed on the resume is already in the AACOMAS app. The rep even said herself having a required resume would be a little bit redundant. So if you're like me who didn't submit one, you're fine! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my app on the 7th without a resume and just gave them a call after seeing this. They said that the resume is optional and not required since everything listed on the resume is already in the AACOMAS app. The rep even said herself having a required resume would be a little bit redundant. So if you're like me who didn't submit one, you're fine! :)

Well if the representative said so, then I wouldn't worry. However, I received a reply to my resume inquiry from admissions stating that a resume was required. I decided to play it safe and upload one. I don't think it should matter though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email stating the application is complete...meaning they received all the letters of recommendation, scores, etc ?

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email stating the application is complete...meaning they received all the letters of recommendation, scores, etc ?

Yes on Monday 8/11. I submitted secondary on 8/6

Yes on Monday 8/11. I submitted secondary on 8/6

Dang...I haven't got the complete email..and I submitted the secondary a bit past midnight on 8/7 technically speaking

Submitted mine on 8/11, and haven't gotten anything back since.

About to finally submit this secondary. Question for those who have already: when you went to submit your application, if you previewed it as a PDF, were your extracurricular/volunteer/awards/etc sections cut off on the preview? I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should contact IT before pressing submit. Thanks!

About to finally submit this secondary. Question for those who have already: when you went to submit your application, if you previewed it as a PDF, were your extracurricular/volunteer/awards/etc sections cut off on the preview? I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should contact IT before pressing submit. Thanks!
Yes. It is the same effect as that on the primary app. (when you view it in pdf format).

Last edited:
Yea mine were cut off as well... They are cut off because the display is set to a certain limit in the PDF version and it can't scroll so it won't show, but they are still there

II! Oregon resident, 3.5gpa, 26 mcat! Completed on 8/11!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe we will get an interview invite around the same time. I was submitted the 8/12.

ii here to! Anyone know what dates they are offering yet? I had to leave a message when I called

Really looking forward to this school! Hope I get an interview invite as well since I was confirmed in Aug 11, but I submitted an update to my application and that might delay things little bit.

II this morning, called to schedule the 9/29 morning interview. PM me if you want to share a room!

3.2s, 3.3cgpa, 27 MCAT (P8/V8/L11), MS Biology 3.3, Shadowed DO, 1.5 yrs Research at UC Berkeley, Community College Biology Instructor

Hmmm. I submitted secondary on 8/11, but still haven't received a complete email, and my status on the portal is still reading as 'Submitted'. Anybody else have similar issues?

Hmmm. I submitted secondary on 8/11, but still haven't received a complete email, and my status on the portal is still reading as 'Submitted'. Anybody else have similar issues?

I submitted my app 8/10. I have not received a complete email either. Should we call? Congrats to those who got invited!

ii, 28/3.5cgpa/3.6sgpa

Edit: Secondary submitted 8/6, Complete 8/11

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
I received a "your app is under review" email on 8/11, then on 8/14 received an email stating they hadn't received all of my LORs, even though I sent them on 8/6 via Interfolio. I responded to the email as requested, but never heard back. No II today but I guess that's not surprising :p Not sure what the hold up is with my letters! Did anyone else receive an email like that about letters?

If you call let me know what they say! I am in the same boat and I submitted 8/8.
I submitted my app 8/10. I have not received a complete email either. Should we call? Congrats to those who got invited!
I think it's probably much too soon to call. The fact that there are (at least) 3 of us with the same problem tells me that it is likely not really a problem, but a timing issue.
I submitted secondary on 8/6 and was complete 8/13
Thanks!
I'm sure there are many people reviewing, and just as at some other schools, there is a fair degree of randomness in the process.
Hope we all hear something soon. Congratulations to those receiving invites!

Does anyone's application status just say submitted?

Does anyone's application status just say submitted?
Mine does. I submitted my secondary 8/11, and it hasn't changed since then. Not sure if it will read something different once I become complete, but it sounds like an email will come indicating that at least.

Also this was in the email: "You are one of approximately 500 individuals who will interview for 135 positions in the Class of 2018."

I think they meant 2019. If we assume they accept double the class size, post-interview acceptance rate is a bit over 50%

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have pictures or know of a website that shows the inside of the school building? The outside looks like a warehouse but I have read that inside is really nice? I couldn't find any inside pictures online!

Got an email about half an hour ago. Says they've gotten my secondary application and will contact me if there are any missing documents. Included that I should hear a decision within......a month.

Yeah I think thats the first email you receive when you send in your secondary saying that they got it. But for an ii I think we need to receive the "complete" email saying they received letters etc. Not sure about the second part though... decision in a month? I don't remember mine saying something like that.

Does anyone know TUNCOM's latest average mcat and gpa for matriculated students?

Yeah I think thats the first email you receive when you send in your secondary saying that they got it. But for an ii I think we need to receive the "complete" email saying they received letters etc. Not sure about the second part though... decision in a month? I don't remember mine saying something like that.

I didn't get a complete e-mail before the ii. Just the above email that said they would contact me if I had any missing documents within the next 4 weeks.

I didn't get a complete e-mail before the ii. Just the above email that said they would contact me if I had any missing documents within the next 4 weeks.

Same here, just confirmation they received my secondary

I received a II email notification but had to leave a message. Anyone leave a message and get a call back to schedule yet?

Secondary submitted 8/8... II received 8/20.

Can those who spoke to someone give the date options for interviews?

I received a II email notification but had to leave a message. Anyone leave a message and get a call back to schedule yet?

Secondary submitted 8/8... II received 8/20.

Can those who spoke to someone give the date options for interviews?
I was offered 9/15 and 9/29. Morning session from 7-12 or afternoon session from 1-5, you get to pick either

Scheduled my interview this morning !! September 29th wasn't an option but September 15th was...morning and afternoon were both available.

Feeling really blessed :soexcited:to have this opportunity and look forward to seeing some of you.

Submitted Secondary 8/8. II 8/20. Interview 9/15 12:45-6pm. Non-science background, OOS, MCAT 26, Post bac GPA 3.43, oGPA 3.24, sGPA 3.41

Interview includes tour, presentations, q&a, dinner, and 20 min interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they will accept more than the three LORs that they require?

Does anyone know if they will accept more than the three LORs that they require?
Nope. I remember reading somewhere that they only want the LORs that you had filled into the blanks, nothing extra.

Edit:
This was from their secondary invite email:

1. Submit three letters of recommendation. These include two science professors or one premedical/academic committee letterand one physician letter (DO or MD). If you already sent your letter of recommendations through the mail, Interfolio or Virtual Evaluation, then you are NOT required to complete this online section. You are only REQUIRED three letters of recommendations; anything beyond the minimum should not be sent.
  2. However, if you do not have letters of recommendation through the aforementioned systems, please use the TUN recommender’s services.
  3. Select the submit application button for your application to be submitted.

Nope. I remember reading somewhere that they only want the LORs that you had filled into the blanks, nothing extra.

Edit:
This was from their secondary invite email:

1. Submit three letters of recommendation. These include two science professors or one premedical/academic committee letterand one physician letter (DO or MD). If you already sent your letter of recommendations through the mail, Interfolio or Virtual Evaluation, then you are NOT required to complete this online section. You are only REQUIRED three letters of recommendations; anything beyond the minimum should not be sent.
  2. However, if you do not have letters of recommendation through the aforementioned systems, please use the TUN recommender’s services.
  3. Select the submit application button for your application to be submitted.

Oops... Didn't read that part.