Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought at the interview they said that the only updates they accept are academic updates.

But I might be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought at the interview they said that the only updates they accept are academic updates.

But I might be wrong.

I thought I remember her mentioning only academic updates. If I interviewed and was waitlisted with a 23 and I retook a month later and got a 510, it's wild that they wouldn't want to know about it. Luckily, I have no more updates to possibly send in. Just gotta wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get the email on 5/2 stating that they are still debating final decisions and will get back to you on 5/11? I interviewed on 4/18, and am quite anxious to hear back from this school, one of my top choices.

Anyone get the email on 5/2 stating that they are still debating final decisions and will get back to you on 5/11? I interviewed on 4/18, and am quite anxious to hear back from this school, one of my top choices.

Looks like today will be the last day of regular acceptance. In about two weeks we will probably see some initial WL movement. Good luck to everyone waiting for a decision today. I pray you do not have to experience the purgatory of the WL.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Do they really not accept grade updates? I feel like it would only help me to add some grades to my file.

I was looking back at older TUNCOM threads and the students were saying that although they updated the school on their new grades and MCATs, they were told that the new information would not be incorporated into their evaluation for admission. I'm not sure if that has changed since then.

I interviewed beginning of May, got waitlisted and was accepted yesterday (although the official email with the letter of admission hasn't arrived yet).
Don't lose hope, y'all!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed beginning of May, got waitlisted and was accepted yesterday (although the official email with the letter of admission hasn't arrived yet).
Don't lose hope, y'all!!!

Two questions. How long was the period between when you got waitlisted and when you got accepted? And did they notify you of your acceptance via email or phone call?

Also, congratulations!!

Has anyone sent a grade update? I really want to, but their waitlist email said not to.

Two questions. How long was the period between when you got waitlisted and when you got accepted? And did they notify you of your acceptance via email or phone call?

Also, congratulations!!

I got waitlisted on May 11th, and accepted on May 17th, all via email.

Thanks! I'm guess you went to the ||_||! I was there for undergrad!

Has anyone sent a grade update? I really want to, but their waitlist email said not to.

I know you may think it'll help your chances, but follow the instructions on the e-mail. What's done is done. You can only cross your fingers and wait.

I got waitlisted on May 11th, and accepted on May 17th, all via email.

Thanks! I'm guess you went to the ||_||! I was there for undergrad!

Thanks for the update! It makes waiting less tedious knowing that movement is actually happening.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

For reference for future waitlistees, I interviewed mid December, waitlisted mid January and accepted off the waitlist today. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For reference for future waitlistees, I interviewed mid December, waitlisted mid January and accepted off the waitlist today. Good luck!

Congrats! That's so awesome! Do you plan on attending?

Congrats! I'm checking my email every few hours anticipating an email from them haha. The wait is killer!

Reactions: 2 users

How long are they giving you to make a decision?

Withdrawing my wait list spot good luck to everyone. Just wait it out and your time will come.

Accepted off the waitlist Tuesday! This is absolutely my top choice school I'm so excited! Interviewed in Feb and waitlisted a week later. Seems to be a decent amount of movement here and at other schools so just keep holding out!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the waitlist Tuesday! This is absolutely my top choice school I'm so excited! Interviewed in Feb and waitlisted a week later. Seems to be a decent amount of movement here and at other schools so just keep holding out!
I swear I've set a record for times that email has been checked per day since people started posting here that there's WL movement.

I swear I've set a record for times that email has been checked per day since people started posting here that there's WL movement.

I feel the same way too internet person, it's tripping me out because the order that the waitlist moves isn't chronological and one of the admissions directions told me that there is supposed to be a meeting mid June to organize the waitlist so I thought people would start moving around then. At most I think that they may contact one or two people per day since they do give waitlistees only one day to decide, but that's just my hunch.

Did anyone else's waitlist email say for class of 2015 instead of 2016? Just wondering if this was a copy-paste error

When's the last possible date to hear back from the waitlist? Really hoping I get off this waitlist :(

Last possible date to hear back from the wait list is right before orientation, which should be the last week of July. We had a couple people there in case people did not show for orientation or other reasons I am not privy to.

White coat ceremony at TUN last year was not until October.

https://tun.touro.edu/current-students/white-coat/

White coat ceremony in August

When's the last possible date to hear back from the waitlist? Really hoping I get off this waitlist :(

The last day to hear back is the first day of orientation, which should be August 1st. If people don't show up they give those spots to people who are physically waiting (meaning they are there at the school that day) to get in.

Also, the white coat ceremony this past year was mid October.

MRW I see the Southern Nevada Medical Students 2020 Facebook page add people while I'm waiting for that call
9DA647270244D08450DC774BF0B0716E4C6A17F9

MRW I see the Southern Nevada Medical Students 2020 Facebook page add people while I'm waiting for that call
9DA647270244D08450DC774BF0B0716E4C6A17F9

I've sort of grown content with my situation on the waitlist and started tallying the pros and cons, one pro that I love is I get another year to pretty much dick around, one con is having to write another PS. I don't feel the rush to get into med school and it's pretty damn awesome.

Last edited:
I've sort of grown content with my situation on the waitlist and started tallying the pros and cons, one pro that I love is I get another year to pretty much dick around, one con is having to write another PS. I don't feel the rush to get into med school and it's pretty damn awesome.

Fortunately, I am already in. However, TUNCOM won me over and is my #1 choice. Just keep holding out man. If they haven't ranked the waitlist already, it'll happen next week. Then we should see more acceptances.

Fortunately, I am already in. However, TUNCOM won me over and is my #1 choice. Just keep holding out man. If they haven't ranked the waitlist already, it'll happen next week. Then we should see more acceptances.

Congrats man, I'm still hoping to hear something nice but I've never had the best luck.

The last day to hear back is the first day of orientation, which should be August 1st. If people don't show up they give those spots to people who are physically waiting (meaning they are there at the school that day) to get in.

Also, the white coat ceremony this past year was mid October.

Oh wow, interesting! Can anyone on the waitlist physically wait on the orientation date? Or does adcom email certain people on the waitlist who can have that standy position when the date is closer?

Oh wow, interesting! Can anyone on the waitlist physically wait on the orientation date? Or does adcom email certain people on the waitlist who can have that standy position when the date is closer?
They'll tell you if you're standby. As Tava said at the interview day, if you get standby status and there isn't enough space for this year's class then it's an automatic acceptance to next year's c/o 2021

Last edited:
There are actual people at orientation that attend the first day but are not in the class. They are on standby and the admission office will tell them ahead of time. This is in case someone doesn't show up, have to be checked in by 9 am, or for other people who are already accepted but fail to matriculate for one reason or another. One example could be that they can't obtain financial aid or other reasons I am not privy to.

Nope. I remember that question was asked at my interview day and Tava prefers to not disclose that info.

Does anybody know if there has been any movement recently? It doesn't seem so, at least according to the the posts on here, or lack thereof.

Does anybody know if there has been any movement recently? It doesn't seem so, at least according to the the posts on here, or lack thereof.
Not everyone goes on SDN. Another one of my waitlist school threads said that 15 people have been given offers yet no one posts here. The waitlist is likely ranked already. Nothing we can do but wait.

According to previous year's pages, it looks like we will definitely see some acceptances/movement next week.

According to previous year's pages, it looks like we will definitely see some acceptances/movement next week.
Yup. Reading the 2014-15 thread gets me hyped for late-June/early July.

Last edited:
Hope you guys hear some good news soon. It is always great to have fellow students that really want to attend TUN. I have loved it so far.

I think the Admissions office will let you know.

Most likely, if you are #1 or 2 next on the waiting list, they will let you know that there may be a spot for you in the class and will advise that you come to orientation. If a student doesn't show up, or is late, they will most likely give you the spot if you are there waiting.

The silence is worrisome

Crickets.

Does anyone know of any movements from here at all recently?